6 replies to this topic

xZooBLeZ
    xZooBLeZ

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • Minecraft: xZooBLeZ

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hello, started a world on the amazing FTB (Feed the Beast) mod pack 3 days ago, now I got pretty much basic stuff, including a portal gun.
Here is my current goal, the Red text in it is the question:

Step 1: Find zombie spawner.
Step 2: MOVE it using the portal gun (G)
Step 3: Make a zombie trap that kills them of fall damage so they drop rotten flesh
Step 4: Use a block that sucks in the drops into it.
Step 5: Use build craft pipes to pump the flesh into a canning machine to get a very great source of food.

So Is there a block that can suck in drops into them, similar to the old 'Allocator' suggestion to minecraft?
"There is a world we cannot see, a world where all our imagination, dreams and fantasies lay true with no limitations and endless freedom. It is there as we speak, and it will always be there. Our world will never be able to connect to the other, but we will know that it is there, beyond this world. Those who you have lost in this world is there, and you will meet them when you are no longer part of our current world."
- ???

Register or log in to remove.

Sou1Co11ector

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

You can place an Obsidian pipe. It sucks up items close to it and doesn't need an engine for power. Just place  another pipe or a chest close to it and you'll be fine.

Major_Heartfire

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

You can still use lava to kill the zombie. It will be quicker, and you can use water a level below it to transport the dropped flesh into an easily collected area.

Wherever your flesh ends up, place a single obsidian pipe above it. Then use cobble pipe to transport it to the chest. Then you simply have to use more pipes to transport it from the chest to the canning machine. I would recommend sending the pipes through a hopper and into the canning machine. Power it however you choose,

Getting the tin is a relatively similar process, I'm sure you can figure it out if you have gotten this far!

xZooBLeZ
    xZooBLeZ

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • Minecraft: xZooBLeZ

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostSou1Co11ector, on 29 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

You can place an Obsidian pipe. It sucks up items close to it and doesn't need an engine for power. Just place  another pipe or a chest close to it and you'll be fine.
Okay im definitely going to try that out now. Thanks... ALOT!

View PostMajor_Heartfire, on 29 November 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

You can still use lava to kill the zombie. It will be quicker, and you can use water a level below it to transport the dropped flesh into an easily collected area.

Wherever your flesh ends up, place a single obsidian pipe above it. Then use cobble pipe to transport it to the chest. Then you simply have to use more pipes to transport it from the chest to the canning machine. I would recommend sending the pipes through a hopper and into the canning machine. Power it however you choose,

Getting the tin is a relatively similar process, I'm sure you can figure it out if you have gotten this far!
Thanks, but fall damage instantly kills them, I live in a good spot to make that possible, so I won't use lava :P
"There is a world we cannot see, a world where all our imagination, dreams and fantasies lay true with no limitations and endless freedom. It is there as we speak, and it will always be there. Our world will never be able to connect to the other, but we will know that it is there, beyond this world. Those who you have lost in this world is there, and you will meet them when you are no longer part of our current world."
- ???

Bean_Eire

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostxZooBLeZ, on 29 November 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Hello, started a world on the amazing FTB (Feed the Beast) mod pack 3 days ago, now I got pretty much basic stuff, including a portal gun.
Here is my current goal, the Red text in it is the question:

Step 1: Find zombie spawner.
Step 2: MOVE it using the portal gun (G)
Step 3: Make a zombie trap that kills them of fall damage so they drop rotten flesh
Step 4: Use a block that sucks in the drops into it.
Step 5: Use build craft pipes to pump the flesh into a canning machine to get a very great source of food.

So Is there a block that can suck in drops into them, similar to the old 'Allocator' suggestion to minecraft?

Vintagebeef is doing this on the Mindcrack FTB server his video might give you some ideas

EnderDragon_Puncher

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

You can use an obsidian pipe, made by obsidian | glass | obsidian
Spoiler:

Posted Image

AAAvlar
    AAAvlar

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Minecraft: AAAvlar

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

When redpower 2 is added a transposer would be better.
A3