52 replies to this topic

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Posted Image
original image: http://www.dafont.co...g/7/5/75264.png

Summarization:
Spoiler:

Source Code:
There is currently no source code for this mod.

Known Bugs:
Spoiler:

Screen Shots:
Spoiler:

Updates:
Spoiler:

Installation:
At this point in it's development, this mod intalls like most other mods do, i may implement a auto installer in the future;

Mac:
-force update minecraft
-go to finder/user/Application Support/minecraft/bin
-right click on minecraft.jar and un-archive it(with The Unarchive or Archive Utility)
-download the mod and open the main folder
-copy and paste all of the files from the mod folder into the recently un-archived minecraft.jar folder

-DELETE THE META-INF FOLDER!
-run minecraft and survive!

PC:
-force update minecraft
-got to start - run and type %appdata%
-select the .mineraft folder
-in the minecraft folder go to bin, right click on minecraft.jar and select open with > winrar(or any other un-archiver you have)
-download the mod and open the main folder
-copy and paste all of the files from the mod folder into the recently un-archived minecraft.jar folder
-DELETE THE META-INF FOLDER!
-run minecraft and survive.

Download:
This mod currently has no download link. Look forward to it though! Posted Image

Donate:
There is currently no donation link.

Register or log in to remove.

HamsterTroller

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

mc_s, on some macs, you can't use Archive Utility to open minecraft.jar

Instead, the user has to go to Mac App Store and look for an application called: The Unarchiver and open minecraft.jar with it instead.

-Your friend from Ontario that's totally not kaboos12

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

@HamsterTroller thank you! :)

shadowdrag0n
  • Minecraft: shadowdrag0n
  • Xbox:ArctiqTundra

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

This mod has some great potential!

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

@shadowdrag0n thank you, and i do intend to bring it to it's full potential! :)

Tearfalas
  • Minecraft: Tearfalas

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Please note that Telltale's The Walking Dead is based on the same universe as the comics while the TV show is in a totally different universe. So this mod can't be moddled after the TV series AND the video game. (whatever "moddled" means o.o) (maybe you meant "modeled"? lol)

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

@Tearfalas Oh wow i didn't even notice that spelling mistake, lol! but as for the tv show, it actually is following the comics story almost to a tee, all the characters are the same and all the plots are the same. telltales the walking dead game is actually in the same universe as the tv show, if you have played it or seen a full gameplay of it, you would remember that Glen actually tagged along with Lee and the gang in i think the second episode of the game. i suppose that the only confusion would be that telltale's walking dead is a cartoon with the similar art style as the comic, and the tv show is live action. but it is all still the walking dead, and if the game has something that the comic or the tv show doesn't have, or vice versa, it will still be included in my mod.

P.S thank you for the spelling correction!

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

one more thing i would like to note, is that the tv show, is more an adaptation of the comics, but it is still respectively in the same universe and the game and the comics. and the game is a new storyline added to the walking dead lore, so it is hard to say which universe it is in.

Lukitu
    Lukitu

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Minecraft: Lukitu

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

This is incredible! :D
It's Loo-kee-too, not Loo-kee-tah.

Kekilrocks123
  • Minecraft: Kekilrocks123

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Looks like it could have a lot of potential. Hope to see it out for download soon!

View PostValkorus, on 02 September 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

The 1.7 map looks like Andy Warhol vomited a bag of skittles all over my monitor.  

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

@Lukitu & Kekilrocks123 thank you!

Lukitu
    Lukitu

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I have an idea: Make so you can only kill walkers (zombies) with a headshot so it's similar to the show Posted Image

Tearfalas
  • Minecraft: Tearfalas

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostMC_Smythurs0402, on 01 December 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

@Tearfalas  it actually is following the comics story almost to a tee

Erm, to a tee? 75% of the TV Show storyline is different from the comics. I don't think you ever read the comics to say that. I could list everything thats different but i don't wanna give spoilers. Posted Image

(I didn't mean to sound negative but i realised that i did sound negative when i read what i wrote.. Just so you know i didn't mean to sound negative Posted Image)

Note: I looked at the house design screenshots. Don't make them wooden. Houses you see everyday aren't made of wood Posted Image

Lukitu
    Lukitu

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Nice houses :D

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

@tearfalas perhaps my sources are wrong then... but my mod is implementing things from the show, comics and game, so it doesn't matter where they come from. also it's not really the right forum to discuss walking dead lore. also thank you for the suggestion :D

@Lukitu thank you for the complement, and i already have made headshots on zombies kill them more quickly! :D

Lukitu
    Lukitu

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Are you going to add both types of houses to the mod?

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

yes, perhaps i should have explained their use more. there are going to be natural generating towns, and cities, and those to houses plus maybe a few more, will be part of the generation. i will also make different community buildings, like churches, schools, libraries, shops...
and since they generate will a slight random factor, each town will be unique! :)

Kekilrocks123

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

So, you are having each map be different? Nice. Just make sure the towns don't generate like vanilla villages do sometimes. sticking into hills and floating above lakes.

The 1.7 map looks like Andy Warhol vomited a bag of skittles all over my monitor.  

MC_Smythurs0402

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

@Kelilrocks123, i will try, but their is not much i can do about that. that method is handled in the minecraft engine, but i think mojang has fixed it anyway.

Kekilrocks123

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostMC_Smythurs0402, on 09 December 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

12/05/12
YES! I finally got randomly generating towns working!!

12/14/12
I have added some uselessbut decorative items, like sinks, ovens, and normal house furnishings, just to make the gameplay feel more personal.

Can we some pictures of towns and the new blocks? please?