• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Do animals respawn after killing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JaguarRex

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hey i'm currently living in a Jungle Biome, I've been killing many pigs lately but i'm worried that they might not respawn and I will be in danger, since its a jungle biome there is no flatland, so no grass but leaves; meaning no seeds, so do the animals respawn?
ICE CREEPER!!!!

Register or log in to remove.

ladyyura909
  • Minecraft: Lucylilium

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Grass = seeds.
If you have bonemeal grow the grass infront of you.
Smash the grass, seeds will fall out and then plant them.
I've lived in a jungle biome before. there are seeds.
Good luck!
Posted Image

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

They respawn at 1/400th the rate they used to back pre-1.8, so effectively no. What that respawn rate means is if you spend maybe 10 hours mining then you'll get a pack of animals, IF they find a place to spawn. So they do respawn, but very slowly. You should have (and I hope you did) saved two so that you can breed them with wheat (which, by the way, you can use bone meal on grass to grow tall grass if you somehow can't find any).

DispenserWither
  • Minecraft: DispenserWither

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Pigs and other mobs will continue to spawn like in real-life [Cycles].Mobs keep living on and on and will not run out.So maybe you can wait for a while and explore other things and come back again.

Mostly at a 1/400th Rate as JTTCOTE2 said and will spawn again.Never fear because mobs respawn also.

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

1. What jungle is that?  Every jungle I've seen has plenty of grass.
2. But you need carrots to breed pigs.  D'oh!
3. Time to go on a journey.  Go find a village, they have all the carrots you can eat.