EXTER6
    EXTER6

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Posted Image

About:
Ore Dictionary Converter is a mod that adds blocks and items that convert between different versions of the same ore using the Forge ore dictionary. This allow ores and ingots to be stacked and use less space in the inventory or chests. To use it, craft an Ore Converter, then right click with it in hand to open its GUI.

This mod is made available under the terms of the LGPLv3.

Recipes:
Spoiler:

Blocks and Items:
Spoiler:

Downloads:

Current version:
1.4.3 (For MC 1.6.2/1.6.4)

Previous versions:

Spoiler:

Latest source code:
Github

Installing:
  • Install Minecraft Forge (9.10.0.842+)
  • Put the fodc-1.4.1.zip file in the .minecraft/mods folder
Changelog:
    • Fix NPE on startup.
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.6.2
    • Items in Automatic Ore Converter can be inserted or extracted from any side.
    • Added the Automatic Ore Converter block:
      • Automatically converts when items placed
      • Compatible with BC3 pipes, and RP2 tubes (input from the top and bottom, and output from the sides)
    • Removed the use of the Ore Converter in the workbench for conversion.
    • Fixed shift clicking behaviour on the ore converter GUI.
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.4.6
    • Added a new GUI to the Ore Converter:
      • Opened by right clicking with an Ore Converter in hand.
      • Can Convert to any of the versions of an ore.
    • Added a new block: Ore Conversion Table:
      • Open the same GUI as the Ore Converter item when right clicked in the world.
    • Added Ore Converter item
      • Conversions are now done by placing the Ore Converter and ores in the crafting area (recipes are shapeless and Ore Converter is not consumed)
      • The Ore Converter can convert up to 8 stacks at a time.
    • Initial Release
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

License:
Spoiler:

Posted Image Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Not a bad idea, although I expect many people to not use it since some ores are rarer than others and they have different uses some times!

It's a matter of balance!

Sodisna
    Sodisna

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • Minecraft: Sodisna

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

AznaktaX, this just convert the ores/ingot into different versions. Like. say you want to use the Forestry tin instead of the IC2 tin.

OctopuS76

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

useless if the modpack developer deactivate duplicate ores spawn (like i do in my modpacks) but useful for people who wants make his own modpack and are not enough skilled with config files (or too lazy to do that)

Posted Image

I always choose sponsored modders downloads. Do the same!

dwong
    dwong

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • Minecraft: 40880472

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Nice.
Posted Image

GalaxyTwoAlex
  • Minecraft: Galaxy_2Alex

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

This will conflict with RP2 (Tin Nuggets, Copper Nuggets etc.), this may become a problem, just in case... though it's a nice idea, but you may know the mod "Omnitools", which adds a device to convert Ores(/Blocks) in the OreDictionary.
Mostly known as "Galaxy_2Alex", blame Curse for their back then borked system.

ZeroLevels
    ZeroLevels

Maverick Hunterator

• Retired Staff
  • 746 posts
  • Minecraft: ZeroLevels

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hmm. It's a decent idea, but could have some problems. For instance, some mods may have nuggets designed from placing a single ingot within the crafting table. Perhaps another mod as well could be useful. Something that lets you scroll through what you can crafting using the same recipe?

For instance, let's say you have a mod that adds copper into the game, but you already had another mod that did the same. Also, one of them has a recipe to make its copper into nuggets. A button could appear somewhere above or next to the output area that lets you scroll through any other recipes that only require that one particular ingot. This is all just an example, of course, and could be used for many different situations.

I dunno. I think it could be useful, but I know little about coding with java. So, I don't know if you could go about this easily or not.

Looking for mods? Check out the Minecraft Forums Mod List that I maintain.

Posted Image

If you know of any mods not currently on the list, please let me know in this thread!

Warren1988

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Awesome post!
To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.Posted Image

KingLemmingCoFH
  • Minecraft: KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostZeroLevels, on 28 November 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Hmm. It's a decent idea, but could have some problems. For instance, some mods may have nuggets designed from placing a single ingot within the crafting table. Perhaps another mod as well could be useful. Something that lets you scroll through what you can crafting using the same recipe?

For instance, let's say you have a mod that adds copper into the game, but you already had another mod that did the same. Also, one of them has a recipe to make its copper into nuggets. A button could appear somewhere above or next to the output area that lets you scroll through any other recipes that only require that one particular ingot. This is all just an example, of course, and could be used for many different situations.

I dunno. I think it could be useful, but I know little about coding with java. So, I don't know if you could go about this easily or not.

I really hate to hijack and all and I'm not trying to be mean here, but it (OmniTools) has already been mentioned:

http://www.minecraft.../topic/1378315-

This is definitely something Forge can use, which is why I already made it.
Posted Image

DeathBringerr57
  • Minecraft: leafeon92

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

This mod is both SIMPLE AND EXCELLENT. Thanks a lot, guy, thanks a lot!
Posted Image

Sodisna
    Sodisna

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • Minecraft: Sodisna

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostOctopuS76, on 27 November 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

useless if the modpack developer deactivate duplicate ores spawn (like i do in my modpacks) but useful for people who wants make his own modpack and are not enough skilled with config files (or too lazy to do that)

It's not useless. If you macerate copper ore (like say from RP2) with an IC2 Macerator, you're gonna get IC2 copper.

SMEZ1234
  • Minecraft: SMEZ1234

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

View PostZeroLevels, on 28 November 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

How about a new crafting table sort of thing, that's cheap to craft, and allows you to convert stuff without worrying about conflicting recipes?

EDIT: Looked at omnitools and found that they had something exactly like it. Why am I never the first to come up with the brilliant ideas? :)

Posted Image

mitchmac

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Big difference from Omnitools since you don't have to craft these expensive fancy machines to do the conversion.  Obviously putting these in the same mod combo makes the lexicon meaningless, but this mod lets you convert forge equivalent ores from the beginning of the game.

I would like to see more work done on this mod because it is not working on all the versions of the same ore.  Is it like limited to only two different versions of the same ore, or does it only work with some mods and not others?

From my experimenting it will convert one way from thermal expansion ores to forestry ores, but will not work at all with industrial craft ores.

I just gave the omnitool lexicon and that certainly works fabulously.

I would suggest fixing this ore converter mod to work in a loop.  So that with three types of copper A,B,C the ore converter generates recipes like this
A->B
B->C
C->A
THEN some people will like this as an alternative that allows such conversions from the beginning of the game without an investment of materials.

Creeperologist

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

if you watched the videos from the forgecraft server (the alpha server for both forge and many of the big mods) you'd know that something like this was being done already, long before you made this mod
If at first you don't succeed, try and die again

EXTER6
    EXTER6

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Ore Dictionary Converter has been updated to 1.1.0, also added a new mod: Netherstone. More info in the first post.

Jstorey97

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Your ore convertor only converts to the first regsitered ingot of each type in the oreDictioanry. If you really want a working converotr you should take a look at the omni tools lexicon. It is a block with an interface and you can scroll through each ingot of the same time. For example i have 5 ingotCopper in my minecraft. IC2, Forestry, My mod, Cogs OF The Machine, thermal expansion. It does get annoying so the lexicon does help.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don’t.
Posted Image

EXTER6
    EXTER6

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Ore Dictionary Converter 1.2.0 and Netherstone 1.0.1 released for Minecraft 1.4.6. Also they have been open sourced (under the terms of the LGPLv3).

Alexemov
    Alexemov

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well done! These mods are good. I will use it.
I love Minecraft with many mods!
Posted Image

bosky2102
  • Minecraft: bosky2102

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hey I would like to use your Ore converter mod In my modpack called a Armageddon is that ok with you?
Posted Image

EXTER6
    EXTER6

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postbosky2102, on 24 December 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hey I would like to use your Ore converter mod In my modpack called a Armageddon is that ok with you?
These mods can be freely distributed as they are LGPLv3 licensed. So you have the right to include them in modpacks.