• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How can I stop water from freezing without light

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

outofrealman

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I was building a mob spawner in taiga biome. I totally forget I am in taiga biome when building the spawner. So... after I am done, I found water keep freezing.

So what can I do now other than give that up and buil another one? I use quite a lot of time doing this... but if I place light source, mob wont spawn... I am kind of stuck...

Is there anything I can do?

Register or log in to remove.

Leftypower123
  • Minecraft: Leftypower123

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Place a redstone torch. They give off a luminance of 7 and therefore mobs will still spawn.

-Lefty
I can't make your bed rock. Cuz it's unminable.

outofrealman

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

And no. Redstone torch is not bright enough to stop water freezing.

colorfusion

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Place blocks over the water, unless there's some kind of glitch that should stop it from freezing.

IronMagus

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Place a solid block above the source block to keep it from freezing.
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

Graphicz
    Graphicz

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Minecraft: HoesKnoMe

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Try using one glowstone and put 4 torches around it, or place a solid block over the water.
Posted Image
I support MoreCrafting.

Villanelo
    Villanelo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2225 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Euuuuuuu... what kind of mob spawner are you using, if it doesn't have a roof? Posted Image

Or... what water are you talking about? I assume that you mean the "collection" water? Or where are you using that water?
I am not trying to be mean to you, I am just curious.

But yeah, as my abovers said, if you place a block on top of the water, it should not freeze.
Juega las cartas que te da el momento. Mañana es solo un adverbio de tiempo.

JohSketch
    JohSketch

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Move the water source under a wall or something, so the water wont freeze.

Posted Image

Markan
    Markan

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

place a water lilly on the water source, or a halfslab.

and if you cant afford a halfslab on the place where your watersource is, just shove the water source in the wall 1 block away from where it is now

that way, your water source wont freeze since its in a wall (has blocks above) and the area you need your monsters to be pushed stays the same

Posted Image

outofrealman

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

That prevent the source from freezing, but the flowing water still freeze at some point :( Or it wont freeze if I finish the roof? Cos its like 5 or 6 high.

hostthegame
  • Minecraft: hostthename

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

place a torch with redstone

Posted Image

Premium Minecraft Server Hosting with SSD starting @ $1.99/month only & Free Dedicated IP

IronMagus

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

View Postoutofrealman, on 27 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

That prevent the source from freezing, but the flowing water still freeze at some point Posted Image Or it wont freeze if I finish the roof? Cos its like 5 or 6 high.
I didn't think water flows would freeze, just the source blocks.
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

bathhouswirral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well I don't have knowledge about this, but I personally think that ice melt after 2-3 hours itself, we no need to do anything.

EL_Kurto_15
  • Minecraft: el_kurto

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Only water source blocks can freeze. You only need the source blocks to be under cover.

A Christian has about as much reason to trust God as Chell has to trust GLaDOS.