• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Why can't I can't log into my own server?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Wee_Ooh
    Wee_Ooh

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

Other people can log on, as far as I know, but when I try to connect, it comes up with the error "Connection lost Failed to login: bad login". The server log just says "[IP address] lost connection". I tried kicking myself from the server, but it says it can't find user.

Wat do?

Register or log in to remove.

dule76
    dule76

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Minecraft: dule76

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

you are connecting with "localhost", becasue if not you have to connect with that.

-dule76

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Do your friends have paid versions of Minecraft? If not, they can't all play SMP on the same server.. tell them to buy the game.

If they've already paid for the game, then it could be due to the Minecraft.net authentication servers having some issues.. just keep trying.

Jackman5000God
  • Minecraft: Jackman5000God

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

i cant log into mine either.but i only have ever used localhost, and im the only person thats been on it. exept for me it says in the minecraft browser... ' Connection Lost                internal exception: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte [random number ] ' .the number at the end is different each time it fails at me logging in. in the server window it says... ' [info] Jackman5000God [ some number i think you shouldnt know] logged in with entity id [number] ' .....then it says.....' [info] Jackman5000God Lost connection: disconnect .endOfStream ' . well thats what it says for me. hope you can help because i plan to make my server better ! ( just started on it couple of weeks ago) .