24 replies to this topic

Vallkyr
    Vallkyr

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Post_j03_, on 26 November 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

If the gpu is broken it will go to the warranty, don't worry about that. And if the gpu would be broken there would be artifacts etc. so I wouldn't say it's that.

Do you have that ram in 2x2gb sticks? If yes, try taking one of the sticks off and test playing it. This will allow the computer use the whole 1Gb vram of the gpu. If the performance is even slightly better then you'll know what's causing it all, the 32 bit OS.
Alright, cool. I will definetly try doing it with only 1 RAM stick in there. I really hope the 32 bit OS is the problem, not the faulty graphics card. Thanks for all the help guys!

Register or log in to remove.

_j03_
    _j03_

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2843 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Postfm87, on 26 November 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Normally I would agree, but I've been seeing a lot of cards (since the 7000/600 series started) with this exact same issue that are defective, with no artifacts or anything else at all, just poor performance as the only symptom.

Something tells me it is a manufacturing problem with how some of the new cards are laid out on the PCB but I don't know enough about all of that to say definitively one way or the other.
Did you read my post above? I just said that I didn't mean it as "always".

Vallkyr
    Vallkyr

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Last post for the day. Just booted up Witcher 2, 1080p, ultra settings (except with ubersampling and AA disabled) and it ran quite smoothly. FPS ranges between 30-45, which, while still a bit below benchmarks, is quite impressive considering it's a beautiful game. CPU temp maxed out at 53 degrees, GPU temp maxed out at 62 degrees, with over 90% activity in quite a busy area. I guess this means the card isn't faulty? I don't know why this game behaves the way it should and the other two don't, but I'll take it. I hope the other games solve themselves when I get Win7 and a bit more RAM.

fm87
    fm87

Beyond the Horizon

• Members
  • 22016 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Post_j03_, on 26 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Did you read my post above? I just said that I didn't mean it as "always".
You posted that while I was typing that one up. :P

SeaWry
    SeaWry

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7090 posts
  • Minecraft: Flutterwry

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostVallkyr, on 26 November 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Last post for the day. Just booted up Witcher 2, 1080p, ultra settings (except with ubersampling and AA disabled) and it ran quite smoothly. FPS ranges between 30-45, which, while still a bit below benchmarks, is quite impressive considering it's a beautiful game. CPU temp maxed out at 53 degrees, GPU temp maxed out at 62 degrees, with over 90% activity in quite a busy area. I guess this means the card isn't faulty? I don't know why this game behaves the way it should and the other two don't, but I'll take it. I hope the other games solve themselves when I get Win7 and a bit more RAM.

If you ran Witcher 2 with those settings at those FPS then there is hella nothing wrong with that card to be honest or system to say.

There is a software conflict most likely somewhere with DE:HR and the drivers or the card itself "possible".