• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Tekkit Server, Anti grief, no whitelist. NO EE!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Gungy
    Gungy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

IGG TEKKIT

Server details in my Signature

It is a very new server based in London Great Britain, and hosted in a data centre uptime 99% 24/7. has daily backups and hourly world saves. No home pc or shoddy network here.

So who are IGG?

We are the Independent Gaming Group, Basically just a bunch of friends that met through playing Arma II. However, it is probably obvious we like other games too, Minecraft for e.g.

So what do we want?

Being a varied group with an average age of around 30, we wouldn't be bothered about your age. If your 15 or 55, as long as you can conduct yourself in a mature, respectful manner your welcome to join the server.

What we don't want is leet speak text talking ignorant giant obscene structure making idiots.

The server may not have a whitelist, but what it does have is a very heavy ban hammer. Which is very quick to fall on those who can't play nice.

What do we have to offer.

On the server we have

Tekkit 1.3.2

with NO!
- EE
- Balkons weapon Mod
- Wireless Redstone

Also some more destructive items from the other mods are disabled too, e.g.

Nukes
Industrial TNT
World anchors because they cause lag

Basically any item that can grief, upset or destroy the balance of the server.

What has been added to the server for your benefit and will help soften the blow of what's been removed.

Payrank (explained a little lower in the post)
mcMMO Level up skills and get bonus drops from mining, as well as create parties.
LWC protect all your items that are containers (mod items have also been added to the default list)
Grief Prevention Allows you to create protected areas, never fear your build been destroyed again
coreprotect Should any unsightly structures appear, they can be removed with a simple chat command
Global shop Allows you to sell items to the server
Boseconomy the money system, will
Vault

We are also open to suggestions of other plugins and mods to make the server better. I am currently in the process of checking Mo'Creatures and Forestry for stability issues and conflicts. if all is well, they will be added to the server.

More on Payrank

Permissions system using Payrank tied into it, you don't need an admin or mod to get build rights you can do it for yourself.

Also it is a great anti grief feature. The reason it works is because, You get your first rank which is like playing vanilla minecraft. With your second rank you get the ability to use some modded items, and the systems repeats till you finally unlock all the content. We have found this is a very big put off for the not so nice people who just want to cause mayhem.

Other features we offer.

Teamspeak, our main TS is considered adults only. However if there are people wanting to play on the server and use a teamspeak with less Adult conversation. We do have a second we can allow the more sensitive and younger people use.

Forums, very useful tool for communication, even more so when different time zones are involved.

Ability to play other games with people not just minecraft, should you need a break. The list is too large to put here, but to give you an idea. I personally have in excess of 150 games on steam, vast majority being multiplayer.

So basically all that's left is to add a picture of the view from above the spawn point.

Posted Image

There that's it then.

SO WHAT YOU WAITING? FOR COME PLAY!

Posted Image

Website and Forums at igghq.com

Register or log in to remove.

elgringouk

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Nice server from what I have seen of it so far :)

...Though I do have a problem

I logged on earlier today, purchased the "player" rank and went off and claimed some land, built a house, etc... now when I log in it wont let me do anything, so I'm stuck inside my home unable to get out (as it wont let me open doors or break blocks on my claim) or even to type in chat :(

Gungy
    Gungy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

welcome aboard elgringouk, glad the issue was resolved.

Posted Image

BigRed205
  • Minecraft: BigRed205

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hope to visit the server tonight :) Also went to your website to have a look and read the forums. Registration is required so I filled in the form.
Posted Image

BigRed205

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Visited the server and have set up camp :) Nice server with loads of resources and plenty of space as its new.

Myself and 2 others set up shop.

Nice Admin, very helpful and other players that are also very helpful and mature.

Rank system is working well so I think I will be enjoying my stay :)

Come on guys - come join the server and set up shop. Its all brand new and untouched so if your looking for a fresh start with hardly any lag then this is the place!!
Posted Image

elgringouk

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Great server, great admins and everyone has been friendly

Highly recommended :)

BigRed205

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Really enjoying this server - I am learning so much from the other users. Micro blocks aren't something I would use but they make building sweet house easier with all wires and the like hidden Posted Image

Great New Feature Implemented - Mining World Portal

A portal is available in the spawn town of Purplevale. This portal doesn't go to Nether, it goes to a fresh new mining world full of resources!!
  • You can purchase a pass to mine that last 1 week.
  • You are able to set up and claim a 10 block area that allows you to place chests to hold your spoils on the mining world.
  • There are no restrictions on the mining world so you can quarry from the surface - unlike the normal world which is to be kept pretty on the surface.
  • The mining world is EXTREMELY rich in resources.
  • You MUST ensure that you are back from the mining world before the weeks is up - otherwise you will be stuck with only 1 way out - suicide!
Original World - Purplevale
  • The current ranking system is a work in progress and they are working towards a balanced system. It works well as it adds an extra element to the game - makes things more of a challenge and is fun to work towards the next level and the new additions it brings to your abilities.
  • The LWC mod makes it so easy to give and remove access for other players to use your items/machines. Simple command to lock or allow access - /lock then left click item or /cmodify [playername] then left click item to allow. So if you want to work as a group you can and allow your group to share resources and machines.
  • Additional claim blocks are earned the more time you spend on the server - the hourly rate is very generous!
  • Multiple sub-claims are allowed. You see something you like and you have claim blocks spare? So claim it for future use.
  • Something that has helped me out a lot is the ability to create a party and then invite friends. Once in a group you can use the teleport function - makes travelling from each others houses or mines sooo much easier. Command to use when in group is /ptp [palyername teleporting to]
So what are you waiting for - come and sign-up!

If you were using this world but the server vanished - don't worry its still here and so is your stuff. Check out the new IP in Gungy's (OP) link above.

If you want to find more out about the server, server commands or IGG then visit www.igghq.com and click the link to the forums.

I hope to see you in Purplevale soon Posted Image
Posted Image

BigRed205

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Just want to highlight this:

View PostGungy, on 26 November 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

On the server we have

Tekkit 1.3.2

with NO!
- EE
- Balkons weapon Mod
- Wireless Redstone

Also some more destructive items from the other mods are disabled too, e.g.

Nukes
Industrial TNT
World anchors because they cause lag

Basically any item that can grief, upset or destroy the balance of the server.

As there was a guy on last night who set up a base and then, after asking, was told that EE is not on the server. He clearly didn't read the signs in Purplevale and then got mardy and left. Not a problem but he had got quite set up with his house and mining operation.
I don't like seeing people waste their and other players time.

So, if you want EE then I would try another server.

But if you want NO EE and to play in a close helpful community with a sound working ranking system - then pay us a visit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

spoonynoob
  • Minecraft: spoonynoob

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostBigRed205, on 05 December 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

But if you want NO EE and to play in a close helpful community with a sound working ranking system - then pay us a visit.

Sounds good, see you online!

EDIT: Turns out the server is offline =/

BigRed205

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Sorry about that, the Admin is updating some of the mod files whilst it quiet.

Its up and running now ;)
Posted Image

hellbegins

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Nice server really like it, even though i like EE, it still has good staff, keep it up =DPosted Image

Gungy
    Gungy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

Thanks a lot for the kind comment Hellbegins, glad your enjoying it. And I hope we can prove playing without EE adds more to do beside make energy converters and create everything. Always amazed me people want EE so they don't have to mine in a game about mining.

Posted Image