Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts
  • Minecraft: Aimoskeeto

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Posted Image
8th December: As I have been asked, already, if this could be the case, I'd like to announce here again that I do not give permission to anyone to edit or update my maps to 1.7 or to reupload them to somewhere else on the forum.

I wish for the maps to remain as they are, playable in the version I last updated them for, just in case I do want to update them myself one day. It is easy, now, for anyone with the new launcher to switch back to 1.6 to play the maps, so I don't feel that updating them to 1.7 is particularly required.

But please use this thread if you continue to play the maps! I still check back here every so often to check up on things, even if I don't post as much, and I still love seeing anyone who is playing one of my maps.

Thanks!

~

Posted Image

Posted Image
a collection of CTM maps!

Hi all Posted Image I’m Skeeto, and welcome to my thread.

Aimoskeeto. That's "A Mosquito". Or "Aim-o-Skeeto".

For those unfamiliar with what a CTM map actually is...
These maps are meant to be played like regular, Vanilla Minecraft - survival mode, with the ability to craft, break and place blocks - except they are a lot harder and a lot more varied than regular Minecraft, with the mapmaker creating their own landscapes and dungeons for you to conquer and providing free loot and resources as they please.

I love exploring in Minecraft. While Vechs’ Super Hostile maps have a great challenge, sometime I wish that, for once, there would be maps focused more on aesthetics than the whole “die in a fire” attitude. My maps will probably never be as hard as Vechs’, with a bigger focus on aesthetics and lore than deadly and impossible dungeons. That’s not to say that there won’t be a challenge, however; I just wanted to take a slightly different approach with my maps, and all traps and monster spawners will come second to the look, feel and atmosphere of the areas I create.

~

Posted Image
Maps
1. Rugged Horizons (v5.4 final)
2. The Lake of Mirrors (v2.1)
3. Between the Sun and Moon (v2.1) [jam map]

Archived
1. The Rapid Labyrinths (v1.0)

~

Posted Image
1. Find and complete the Monument.
2. Use only wools found in chests for the Monument. Do not craft the wools, or stealz them from sheep. They’ll get cold.
3. Always play on Easy or higher if you want the full experience.
4. Survive in any way you can. This includes growing food, slaughtering animals, breaking blocks, crafting tools, and fighting baddies. And anything else you do in Vanilla Minecraft!
5. Don’t leave the boundaries of the map, ‘cause IRL is boring. If you do, then anything you obtain from the real world cannot be used in your CTM venture.
6. Explore each area as thoroughly as you can. You never know what you may find!
7. Have fun, and ensure you let me know of your progress and thoughts on the maps. I love reading your feedback. Posted Image

Each map may have a few specific rules added to its ruleboard - be sure to read the signs, written books or readme files provided to ensure you know exactly what you're doing.

Policy on Mods, Nether Portals, Invisibility Potions and Ender Chests

Mods can be used, but I will rarely encourage them. I would rather you played the map your own way than be restricted, but all the same, don’t use any mods that allow you to cheat or make the map significantly easier. If you want my opinion on a certain mod, please let me know either in the thread or PM and I’ll ensure to reply. Posted Image

I'm not going to prevent you from brewing potions of Invisibility, but be aware that they're likely to take away from the challenge of the map. Personally, I'd rather they weren't used at all.

Unless specified otherwise, you will not be allowed to craft your own Ender Chests in my maps. Usually in my full-length maps I will include them anyway for your convenience, but you still won't be allowed to move them about.

You are not allowed to make Nether Portals in my maps. If there is a Nether section in the map this could severely damage the structure of the map, and therefore is inadvisable. However, if the map is open world, or if I've stated that you are allowed to make a portal, then circumstances may call for a different rule set, which will be posted with the map itself.

~

Posted Image
Easy – ideal for newbies to the genre or for tired veterans. Still with a challenge, but intentionally missing the death wishes.
Normal – not necessarily recommended for newbies, but not particularly hard, either. A nice challenge for everyone; hard for some, easy for others.
Hard – the time in which I, as a mapmaker, intend for you to have to work extremely hard for that victory.

Posted Image
Linear Branching – containing intersections that provide freedom in choosing which areas to explore first, but still containing a linear difficulty progression.
Open Branching – an open world map with areas that can only be accessed through other areas. There may or may not be a recommended order to complete the areas.
Linear – most likely a smaller map, with a linear difficulty path in which you keep progressing forwards.
Hub (Linear) – a map containing a hub (or intersection) in which you must tackle the areas in the correct order for the map to work properly, or to gain the best experience from the map.

Posted Image
Minimap – containing only one to two wools.
Tiny – usually containing three to six wools and smaller areas.
Small – any number of wools but contained within a small world size.
Regular – the average sixteen wool map length, normally with three intersections.
Large – will take you longer to complete, usually containing bigger areas and more intersections.

Posted Image
Each map will likely include one of these. It may be that you’re given a second Monument to complete, or that you must find a select number of items within the map and areas. These are often optional, and are great as a reason to keep playing the map even after you’ve completed the Monument.

Or, the following may apply:
Speedrun - a map built entirely for you to complete as quickly as possible. Will likely have a scoreboard within my thread, and will probably not be a full-sized map.
Hardcore – here you'll get only one life. And hell, you'll have to work to be able to keep it! (Feel free to unzip more than one copy; and editing NBT tags to make the map non-hardcore is fine but won't lead you towards legitimate victory!)

~

Posted Image

Jam Map #1, September 2013

Posted Image

Worlds of Illusion Adoptee (map #0.1)

Posted Image

Information & Screenshots

Game Type: Hub (Linear)
Monument Blocks: 5 wools (white to yellow)
Bonus Challenge: the Pole Star item
Theme: "Time" and Ancient Egyptian Architecture
Difficulty: Medium
Map Size: Tiny
Version: 2.1 (for Minecraft v1.6.2)

Each area within this map takes place at a different time of day. Thus, you must tackle the areas in the correct order; from white to yellow, as with a regular monument structure.

My original idea was to do an entirely Egypt-based map, but that was soon scrapped. Here, instead, is the use of Ancient Egyptian Architecture (or, well, my attempt at it) within lush and out-of-place landscapes. It's built to fit snugly within my Worlds of Illusion map series, although it of course isn't as high quality as I'd normally strive for!

Current title font: here.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Banners

Posted Image

url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1578854-ctmcollection-skeetos-worlds-of-illusion-series][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HIE3tbs.png[/IMG][/url]

Download the latest version now!

Download Milestones

(map released 3rd September 2013)

95 downloads - 10th September

~

minimap #2 - April 2013

Posted Image

#1 Worlds of Illusion

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Download Milestones

(map released 21st April 2013)

300 downloads - 12th May 2013

600 downloads - 13th July 2013

1000 downloads - 30th July 2013

1244 downloads - 12th August 2013

~

#1 - December 2012

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Download Milestones

(map released 24th December 2012)

100 downloads - 27th Dec 2012

500 downloads - 18th Jan 2013

1000 downloads - 24th Feb 2013

2000 downloads - 8th April 2013

3000 downloads - 2nd May 2013

4000 downloads - 12th August 2013

4065 downloads - 17th August 2013

~

Posted Image
These are not bad maps. They are simply the maps that have either been broken with a Minecraft patch; lost my interest; or no longer match my mapmaking style. You will need a forgiving mind and the correct version of Minecraft to play them with.

Spoiler:

~

Posted Image
A collection of significant screenshots from players of my maps. Posted Image
Spoiler:

~

Posted Image
First and foremost, I want to thank Torien for all of his support within every hobby I decide to pursue. Thanks for giving me all the inspiration I've needed to be able to complete these maps. Posted Image I love you.

Secondly, these people are incredibly special:
Spoiler:

Thirdly, for Wayuki, for making the best texturepack of all time, and for taking the time to take a look at my thread way-back-when and give it that thumbs up.

And finally, to everyone who's commented on this thread; who've given me help and feedback both in beta and full release; who've shared with me stories and images of their times in my maps; and to everyone who continues to show support, encouragement and enthusiasm, whether here or on another thread, for being the main reason why I'm still making maps.

Yay!

Register or log in to remove.

LimitlessMC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

I will definitely play this when it is released. Looks great! :)
"The only easy day was yesterday"

Delthyn
    Delthyn

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Looks nice. One tip is retake the screen shots in default. That is considered "standard" for the genre and the forum, and will help people to see the area as they would probably see it.

Unless you intend for people to use X texture pack.

Edit: I see you did address that. Sorry for missing it. The map looks great, and I like the idea of an easy, more asthetically pleasing sky island map. Good luck!

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostLimitlessMC, on 26 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

I will definitely play this when it is released. Looks great! Posted Image

Yay! Glad you like :)

View PostDelthyn, on 26 November 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Looks nice. One tip is retake the screen shots in default. That is considered "standard" for the genre and the forum, and will help people to see the area as they would probably see it.

Unless you intend for people to use X texture pack.

I will always provide the default screenshots. Some views, however, I just won't be able to resist taking in the texture pack I use :)

isaac_bardin
  • Minecraft: idb79

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

By da way: when Skeet gets super famous, y'all can't have him. I found him first. Posted Image

Ooh, he even gave me credit in the OP! How kind of him (although I really probably haven't helped him as much as he thinks I have. He's just so polite 'n' kind). *falsetto laugh*

I shall be following this closely, good sir! I can't wait until the first map is released!
Posted Image

LimitlessMC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Postisaac_bardin, on 26 November 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

By da way: when Skeet gets super famous, y'all can't have him. I found him first. Posted Image

Ooh, he even gave me credit in the OP! How kind of him (although I really probably haven't helped him as much as he thinks I have. He's just so polite 'n' kind).

I shall be following this closely, good sir! I can't wait until the first map is released!
Is the map THAT good? oooo isaac you are creating a good amount of hype for this map.

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostLimitlessMC, on 26 November 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Is the map THAT good? oooo isaac you are creating a good amount of hype for this map.

He hasn't seen it yet, only the screenshots. He's just excitable. XD But I hope you all like it nonetheless :)

isaac_bardin
  • Minecraft: idb79

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Just seen the screenshots? I've played the map! And let me tell you, it is revolutionary!

No, I haven't actually played the map. I just love making hype. :3
Posted Image

zachgamer77
  • Minecraft: CortexVortex

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Bookmark'd.

WittyWhiscash
  • Minecraft: WittyWhiscash

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

Looks amazing! Going to have to put a piece of priority once it comes out. Keep it up Skeeto!
Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

Thank you guys! :)

Finally got round to sorting out the biomes. They're now all ocean, aside from one area, Crystal Lagoon, which is half desert and half taiga (because I enjoy being awkward like that.) Finally, no more ocelots appearing everywhere!

LimitlessMC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

This map is going to change the CTM genre in the best way!
i can create hype too!

Torien
    Torien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Loving the concept! Really interesting idea.
Particularly like the lighthouse :)
It seems like environment is definitely a key figure in this map, I wish other mapmakers paid more attention to it xD!
Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostLimitlessMC, on 26 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

This map is going to change the CTM genre in the best way!
i can create hype too!

Hehe. You never know, it might. XD *blows own trumpet*

View PostTorien, on 26 November 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Loving the concept! Really interesting idea.
Particularly like the lighthouse Posted Image
It seems like environment is definitely a key figure in this map, I wish other mapmakers paid more attention to it xD!

I want the environment to play a bigger part than the "dungeon" idea. Although there will be challenge in the map (there has to be, in my eyes) it'll probably be secondary to the aesthetics of it. I don't want to just dump in a mossy dungeon beneath an interesting area like some maps do. I want the wools to be included within the terrain itself, even if that means that not much of a challenge is presented. It's just a little experiment I'm doing, and all I'm really doing is making a map that I'd like to play. I hope others enjoy it too :)

Thanks guys! Your support means a lot :)

Torien
    Torien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

A mossy dungeon underneath an interesting environment sounds like the map I am playing at the moment :P
Namingnonames....
Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I got myself a banner. :)

Posted Image

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1890 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Looks very nice, looking forward to this being released. :)

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Postdragonsrule9, on 26 November 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Looks very nice, looking forward to this being released. :)

As am I with yours, Drago! :D

Edit: I hate squids. I mean, really. Especially when mapmaking. *grumble*

Torien
    Torien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Is there a chance you might be thinking of maybe doing an area with mushrooms?

Plez?
Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostTorien, on 26 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

Is there a chance you might be thinking of maybe doing an area with mushrooms?

Plez?

What kind of mushrooms? Big ones or small ones? :P