• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Strongholds are lame

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

One_with_the_Block

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

I mostly use them to mine out the Iron bars and Iron doors when I need them. And the occasional mossy or cracked stone.

I did find a dungeon connected to a stronghold once though. Ive found they're so vast they usually connect to something cool, like giant lava lakes for diamond mining or ravines, probably even a few with mineshafts.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Master_Buttchin
  • Xbox:Master Buttchin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

To OP,

Strongholds aren't so much abundant with loot as they are massive and fun to explore.  I happened to stumble upon one in my creative world.  The structure is absolutely massive.  There are at least 4 floors to it, and at least two separate mines running below, above and through it.  Grand-total, the structure must take up at least 4 maybe 5 chunks (a chunk is a16x16 space of land) side by side.  With the exception of a lava fountain as a reference point for navigation, torches, signs, and literally a few added blocks for convenient corridors...the stronghold is what you see.

I spent about 8 hours completely restoring it and adding signs for easier navigation.  Without the signs, you can easily be lost in a matter of seconds.  Anyone reading this may feel free to join my game and explore the stronghold, if they are interested.  Again, there are signs, so navigation should be a walk in the park.

XBL GT:  Master Buttchin

TheEvanCat
  • Minecraft: TheEvanCat
  • Xbox:TheEvanCat
  • PSN:TheEvanCat

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I refurbish strongholds to become cleaner and better suited for living. Then I make them my house.

Posted Image

Don't judge me because I'm fabulous.

LukesterGaming

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I haven't found a Stronghold yet either, but at the same time I haven't been creating many 1.8.2 generated worlds just to find one, something which I might do one day if I've got nothing better to do :P

Anyway, I guess people will have different views on finding these generated structures, so for people like me who haven't discovered one yet, it would be a great moment finally stumbling upon one! :D even if there isn't really anything too 'valuable' in them as of yet, or in terms of not having an end-portal until future updates anyway.

Like someone said about on the first page, if you were expecting to find something out of Indiana Jones in terms of a temple full of traps and many challenges/puzzles along the way until you find that chest of glorious loot, why not build one yourself and have your friends 'find' it?

Posted Image

Please check out my new gaming channel, for Minecraft Xbox360 Edition uploads!

URL54MVP

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Simply finding a stronghold is exciting to me because they aren't easy to locate.  The thrill of discovery is a big part of this game to me.

magimangr

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

That sucks that once again I am going to have to get another map and work my butt off on it to get ender portals or whatever. Arrgh, I wisht they could just add this to whatever is already there. just like when they add recipes to the crafting box. Oh well.

Consti2tion

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Just wait till 1.3 stuff gets added. Then we'll have more than just strongholds to find. also Trip wire and boobytraps.
Posted Image

RainbowBreit

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostauspiciousCzar, on 26 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

I got mossy and cracked stone bricks when I made mistakes making the wing to my mountain home and had to mine them back out.

I did to and wondered how I got them because I haven't found a stronghold on my map. *shrugs*

minecrafter404

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

stone bricks are hard to make so its good you find them, i also found a chest with paper in the libary once

Tamorr
    Tamorr

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

View Postminecrafter404, on 27 November 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

stone bricks are hard to make so its good you find them, i also found a chest with paper in the libary once

actually they are pretty easy to make... all you need is charcoal and cobblestone. The latter portion is what you get from mining. The charcoal is from wood in furnace. Since I like to mine I always have plenty of cobblestone. Now the difficult ones are the cracked and mossy ones, even with a non-working transmutation device. ><

Right now only the stairs give those when broken.

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--

Ju1ian1001
  • Minecraft: Ju1lian1001
  • Xbox:Ju1ian 1001

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have found 1 stronghold, in it was a mob spawner and chest with a map (lost my first one, only had the game 3 weeks) some cocoa beans and a few bits of coal. I feel what ever i find is a bonus.

perrinMD

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I got lucky on my first 1.8.2 map I found a stronghold that goes from bedrock all the way up to lvl 60 I believe.  I never looked at the actual size in chunks, but I am in the process of clearing out a hole around it all the way up and around.  Even after three weeks of exploring/clearing/repairing, I still found two new branches last night.  As huge as it is though there is only one library and one wooden storage area that had two small chests.  There are however two zombie spawners and a spider spawner built into it lol.  the seed number is one of my other posts about finding ores........I'll have to find it

Edit: This is the seed: -8920864951022293599

I'll get the map position tonight when I get home of the upper entrance....
My uploaded minecraft pics:  http://www.facebook....terson.75457081

gobblahdo

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostOlazerus, on 25 November 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

It will get better with the next update
Exactly what he said

View PostOlazerus, on 25 November 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

It will get better with the next update
Exactly what he said