• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Adding the missing potions. HOT! 900 supporters and counting!

more potions missing potions dullness leaping hunger resistance blindness nausea haste health boost

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Poll: Potions (990 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want the rest of the potions added to the game?

1. Yes (949 votes [95.96%])

Percentage of vote: 95.96%

2. No (40 votes [4.04%])

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

CherryValley
  • Minecraft: CherryValley2012

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I love it, tweet it to Jeb!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

GerbilCrab475

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostWizardBuddy2, on 27 November 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

Yes, I agree, sort of how spider eyes had more than one use when they were introduced to the game. I'm not completely sure you should be able to craft bottles o' enchanting with rubies, but they should be craftable. But yes, this would be a good use for rubies as well.
I'm sure the items would get other uses, but I can't put down too much with out going of the basic idea of adding the rest of the potions. I was pushing it when I was suggesting corn.

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • Minecraft: JakeVon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostGerbilCrab475, on 27 November 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

I'm sure the items would get other uses, but I can't put down too much with out going of the basic idea of adding the rest of the potions. I was pushing it when I was suggesting corn.
Nah. Everyone wants corn. We get potatoes and carrots, but not the second most grown crop in the entire world? Corn is just something everyone has to love.
It's hard criticizing ideas when one is tired, so you'd better appreciate it when I criticize yours.

WizardBuddy2
  • Minecraft: WizardBuddy2

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostJake Von, on 27 November 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

Nah. Everyone wants corn. We get potatoes and carrots, but not the second most grown crop in the entire world? Corn is just something everyone has to love.
For once, I entirely agree with you.
Posted Image
Enderpearls need more uses! Go to http://www.minecraft...591-ender-dust/ to fix that!

StijnCrafter324
  • Minecraft: StijnCrafter324

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

wheres my download?????Posted Image

AcroLaser
  • Minecraft: WafflesAndCoffee
  • Xbox:N/A

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

What bout.....

Growth potions, can be by a sapling surrounded by gold bars/nuggets. put into the stand will make a growth potion that add a slight effect of every positive potion thingie for like 10 seconds, if the fermented eye is added it will make a stunt potion wich will do all the bad nasty shiz for 10 seconds.

Mayby a little op but if its only for 10 seconds its probbaly ok in MC and PvP
Who here likes potatoes?

Brinjal66
  • Minecraft: Brinjal66

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Nice idea, but I don't like the whole "bejeweled corn" thing.
Posted Image

GerbilCrab475

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostBrinjal66, on 27 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Nice idea, but I don't like the whole "bejeweled corn" thing.
If you have a better name for it, then please tell me what you have in mind. Cause that's the best I could do.

View PostAcroLaser, on 27 November 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

What bout.....

Growth potions...
Those don't exist. These potions are in the code, they just don't have any ingredients or potion IDs.

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

StijnCrafter324

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

wheres my download??????Posted Image

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4859 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostJake Von, on 27 November 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

As far as I am able to tell, brewing has never been like that, even old brewing. All potions have always been just one type.

No, they could have up to four effects or so in ye olde days. I have pictures, if you want 'em.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image

Brinjal66
  • Minecraft: Brinjal66

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostGerbilCrab475, on 27 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

If you have a better name for it, then please tell me what you have in mind. Cause that's the best I could do.
It's not the name I'm against. It's adding a new crop AND a new ore purely for the sake of one potion that I don't like. I mean, seriously?
Posted Image

Artifact123

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

I think Haste and Resistance need another ingredient. A whole new ore and a crop just for a potion? Maybe it could use an existing crop(don't know which one, but not melons or carrots as they already have golden carrot and glistering melon) with an Emerald? Maybe with Cocoa Beans to make ''Bejeweled Beans''? I also think potion of haste should be brewable with Golden Apples.
My suggestions:

Cobwebs in spider dungeons: http://www.minecraft...pider-dungeons/

GerbilCrab475

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostArtifact123, on 28 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

I think Haste and Resistance need another ingredient. A whole new ore and a crop just for a potion? Maybe it could use an existing crop(don't know which one, but not melons or carrots as they already have golden carrot and glistering melon) with an Emerald? Maybe with Cocoa Beans to make ''Bejeweled Beans''? I also think potion of haste should be brewable with Golden Apples.
Corn has other uses, it would be used for breeding cows (instead of wheat) and be edible. Rubies could gain other uses, as well. And golden apples for haste makes no sense, considering how they give you regeneration already.

Posted Image

StijnCrafter324

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostGerbilCrab475, on 25 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

As we all know there are a few potions in the game that are missing and are not in the vanilla game. However, there is a problem, how to implement the potions while adding good content to obtain the ingredients. Well I have a few ideas that I tried my best to improve the overall experience of the game, including farming, mining, exploring, and even fighting. Lets start with the Potion of Water Breathing

Potion of Water Breathing
Spoiler:
Potion of Resistance
Spoiler:
Potion of Leaping
Spoiler:
Potion of Nausea
Spoiler:
Potion of Haste
Spoiler:
Potion of Dullness
Spoiler:
Potion of Hunger
Spoiler:
Potion of Blindness
Spoiler:
Potion of Decay
Spoiler:

Many of the sprites I used are either old vanilla textures, unused textures, modified textures, and textures from the painterly pack. The mob concept images are slightly modified pictures from other sources around the forums. I gained no money from this. Derp.

Edit: Also suggesting how blindness, nausea, haste, and dullness should affect mobs. As those potion effects currently do nothing to mobs. Haste and mining fatigue would also affect the player's ability to use a bow.
download now!!!!!!

GerbilCrab475

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostStijnCrafter324, on 30 November 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

download now!!!!!!
Why are people screaming, "where is the download," at me? This isn't a mod I made, all I do is manipulate textures, use NBT edit, and paint.net.

Are you trolls? Are you serious? Either way, you are pretty dumb.

Posted Image

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

I still think you should suggest Potion of Decay. You must admit, it is a good idea, so long as a single potion cannot kill a healthy person. It would be more of a Harming that is delayed than a Poison that can kill you.
It's hard criticizing ideas when one is tired, so you'd better appreciate it when I criticize yours.

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4859 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostJake Von, on 02 December 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

I still think you should suggest Potion of Decay. You must admit, it is a good idea, so long as a single potion cannot kill a healthy person. It would be more of a Harming that is delayed than a Poison that can kill you.

Seems to be both to me, but I'm thinking it's more of an "it's an effect exclusive to wither and wither-ish things" than "it's OP so the player can't get it".

Maybe for Creative, though, but I wouldn't want to see Potions of Decay in vanilla.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostKholdstare, on 02 December 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

I'm thinking it's more of an "it's an effect exclusive to wither and wither-ish things"
Actually, Notch was planning a Potion of Decay before Jeb was planning The Wither.
I know this to be true, because Jeb originally said he was going to improve the Ender Dragon before adding new bosses. Apparently, he changed his mind, and I don't think he would plan a new boss before he decided to implement a new boss.

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4859 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

View PostJake Von, on 02 December 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Actually, Notch was planning a Potion of Decay before Jeb was planning The Wither.
I know this to be true, because Jeb originally said he was going to improve the Ender Dragon before adding new bosses. Apparently, he changed his mind, and I don't think he would plan a new boss before he decided to implement a new boss.

A) That appears to say nothing about the Potion of Decay, just that Jeb felt that he would rather add a sucky boss rather than improve a sucky boss.
B) You kind of have to plan a new boss to implement a new boss... it's only logical.
C) Where is Notch in all of this? I only see you claiming that Notch planned the potion, then going off about how Jeb was going to improve the Enderdragon somehow yet instead decided to make the Wither.

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostKholdstare, on 02 December 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

A) That appears to say nothing about the Potion of Decay, just that Jeb felt that he would rather add a sucky boss rather than improve a sucky boss.
The potion was planned before the Wither. I already said that.

Posted Image You kind of have to plan a new boss to implement a new boss... it's only logical.
I said decided to implement, not implement.

C) Where is Notch in all of this? I only see you claiming that Notch planned the potion, then going off about how Jeb was going to improve the Enderdragon somehow yet instead decided to make the Wither.
For chronology. Notch planned the potion before Jeb became lead dev, and Jeb planned the Wither after he became lead dev. Simple, really.