Latest News Article

[WIP] Don't Starve Mod

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

DoomTray
  • Minecraft: SoulPunisher

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

So, unless you've been living in a cave (which is extremely common in Minecraft) you'll have heard of a new game called 'Don't Starve'. I have been playing the game alot recently and decided to make a mod. I'll drop some footage right here, so you can get a basic understanding of what this mod will be like:

I will be adding birds, rabbits, and Beefalos, along with the hostiles. I hope to have a pre-release out in:

3 weeks.

Videos of the mod, and pictures of the mod, are coming soon.

Register or log in to remove.

NyhmsQuest
  • Minecraft: NyhmsQuest

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Shouldn't you first post a WIP post when you actually have something done? Just wondering.

DoomTray

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostLoralon, on 25 November 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Shouldn't you first post a WIP post when you actually have something done? Just wondering.
I have started it. Did I say anything about not starting it? No, I did not. I already have a buggy campfire system going on, i'm not ready to post pictures/videos yet.

NyhmsQuest
  • Minecraft: NyhmsQuest

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostDoomTray, on 25 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

I have started it. Did I say anything about not starting it? No, I did not. I already have a buggy campfire system going on, i'm not ready to post pictures/videos yet.
Ah okay.
Sorry :)

odedrt9
    odedrt9

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • Minecraft: odedrt

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Really cool idea!
Check your messages.
Posted Image

DoomTray

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Me & Odedrt are working on this together. He's making mobs and i'm doing the campfires, the researcher etc.

Bra!nl3ss
  • Minecraft: MDLgamer
  • Xbox:/

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would really love to see this mod.
German Minecraft gameplay / let's plays http://youtube.com/user/TheGamesonsMC

Cdrom433
    Cdrom433

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: cdrom43

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

I am sooo exited for this :) ive been waiting for somebody to start making this :) cant wait to see a status update! plus, are u going to be changing the inventory gui and hunger/health gui?

jpaccer
    jpaccer

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Minecraft: Fenderzilla

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

How is this a WIP?
Don't starve is already so much like minecraft. you could add like 3 mobs and then be done.

don't get me wrong - I love both these games and think its a great idea.
I want to know if you'll be adding bees... they're a great part of the game. you said "beefalos" but i'm not sure if you mean bees or buffalos.
I also suggest you add a new gamemode, along with hardcore/survival/creative. it would be like hardcore where you only had 1 life, but you also could not dig underground, swim, or all the other things steeve can do that wilson can't.
"You cannot play god and then wash your hands of the things you have created." - Commander Adama, Battlestar Galactica

bryan2x4

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postjpaccer, on 05 December 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

How is this a WIP?
Don't starve is already so much like minecraft. you could add like 3 mobs and then be done.

don't get me wrong - I love both these games and think its a great idea.
I want to know if you'll be adding bees... they're a great part of the game. you said "beefalos" but i'm not sure if you mean bees or buffalos.
I also suggest you add a new gamemode, along with hardcore/survival/creative. it would be like hardcore where you only had 1 life, but you also could not dig underground, swim, or all the other things steeve can do that wilson can't.
Well it really depends. Don't starve has a rather different gameplay experience than Minecraft so the mod could actually be quite big if he decides to change rather than add. To list a few, changing the way blocks break to have them retain how much they've been broken. Change the way durability works so that it goes down for every swing rather than every block broken. Change the way trees work so that planting a pinecone automatically makes a small tree which can grow into a bigger tree which both can be completely broken by breaking the bottom. Add torch durability and dynamic lighting. Going out in darkness kills you eventually and light levels have more of a contrast so it's pitch black at night like in Don't Starve. There's quite a bit you can change with a mod like this.
Posted Image

kaekaecrafter

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm really hoping you  guys can pull this one off. The sheer amount of features that can be added frome Don't Starve into Minecraft is amazing. You have my support if guys ever release this mod!

GreenArtic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Please couls you post some pics of what you have done so far? im really hoping to see this mod fully implemented. And, if you can, could you implement the Krampus?

HSGalore
    HSGalore

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

When you release the mod do you mind if i do a mod review?

BertFord
    BertFord

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Minecraft: BertFord

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

im up for doing a mod review and i appreciate that u came to the forums so early on hopefully u get some ides instead of criticism for not being done in a Wip thread lol send me the mod at [email protected] thanks really wanna see this mod

KJA_96
    KJA_96

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Minecraft: ilittlekris
  • Xbox:Boxyspace

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

you should make it so when it gets dark in minecraft and you havnt got a light you die in like 5 seconds. just like dont starve

Some people telling me my bars just random two goats on a bike that's random

tan them put em on a sunbed randomly tan them then you see random mandem!

masmaster115

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

hello.

as you were saying this is a w.i.p mod, i have some suggjestions for you.\

1 : a preset for flatlands that only consists of pine, 2x2 or 2x3 rocks, swamps, tallgrass, bushes,bridges,lakes, and ponds.

2 : smallbirds, and pig villages instead of testificates.

3 : custom skins for the mod? if needed, i will create the skins.

4 : maxxwel the demon spawning at the start of every new world.

5 : crafting being the way it is in D.S [ 3 logs = 1 wooden plank ]

6 : flint having a 1/3 chance to drop when mining rocks and it needed for tools.[ same with gold but a 1/10 chance]

7 : sounds from the game itself.

davidp5118
  • Minecraft: davidp5118
  • Xbox:davidp5118

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Looks very interesting, ill be here when it is completed :)
file:///C:/Users/Public/Pictures/savages.gif///C:/Users/Public/Pictures/savages.gif

masmaster115

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

hello.

anything about progress?

TuxedinhoBR
  • Minecraft: TuxedinhoBR

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

You say

I hope to have a pre-release out in:

3 weeks.

Ok already has one month
What happened?