• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Circleight

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Download and video here

You can visit the project on the Mysidia server at 69.175.80.239
Once you're there use /warp Cipher to get there.

Pictures:
Spoiler:

About
Cipher was a project that I've had in mind ever since the beginning of my adventure map, which is almost a year now I believe. Originally I never planned on making a castle or any kind of architectural building in it. The concept was that it's an ethereal higher dimensional world where you travel to and wind up in the council of the unity. The idea was to have 9 pillars with floor art representing them, which I stuck with.  During creation of LastNorth I drew out a sketch of this project and I ended up falling in love with the concept and ideas that were spewing out of me.  
I started the project on October 4th and was hoping to finish it at the very end of that month. Although, due to severe server issues, I lost about 70% of my progress with the project and was forced to start over the things that were lost.  Despite the irritation with that, and my frustration with it is inevitable, I'm glad I had the opportunity to start anew and improve the project.  There were many times that I was worried I wouldn't finish it due to this problem, though I ended up pushing in more energy towards it.
Being that there are 9 pillars, they each represent a different god or goddess of the unity. In order: Satus, Dimidium, Hora, Concordia, Xenos, Pondero, Animus, Alitheia, Desino.  Each god represents a different aspect of reality and the human nature(i.e: Life, Time, Knowledge).  The dragon serpent is a "soul serpent" that travels from realm to realm gathering the souls of deceased  individuals.
The name 'Cipher' sort of came to me loosely.  It took a while before I was decided on that name, but right away I figured I'd end up using it anyway because I myself personally like the word a lot.  If you're curious as to what the word means, it essentially means nothing, or something with absolutely no value. The idea with using this name is that coming to this "higher dimensional" land, Zen(the main character) is no longer bound to the trivial  ignorance and stress of the normal world.  His mind is set free and his understanding is absolute.  'Nothing' being absolute and 'whole', there is not a single meandering thought in Zen's mind.  

Lore
"Upon the doors, that in which time has been sown, leads a path into my shadow.
The shadow calling me, the sacred half of my self, it beckons me to open these doors to a kingdom.
With luminescent light transcending into new forms of waves, they cascade from my perception into a new form of
understanding.  This land, a place that does not seem imaginable by a simple mind, but yet I had always imagined myself as the simple type.  There are dismal feelings left inside me that are becoming so evanescent because of all the light in this world piercing into me.  It is as if I am entirely something else, an entirely different entity than I have ever imagined.
With confidence held firm, I make certain which path I may lead, in hopes to rid this dying world of its chaos.  
To make amends with the gods that I have once fell so blindly to, I am to prove to them the soul essence of my potential.  Although, the understanding of this is already with them, and for this being true it was inevitable that I'd end up here. Here, in the kingdom of cipher, where I will travel through the portal onward to meetings in Epsilon. "

Additional Info
-Feel free to download the map and enjoy it if you can, but please do not steal this project.
-All of this was built entirely by myself, which is usually how I prefer to work on these projects.
-The video was also self shot/edited, and it's my very first cinematic!~
-Additional download option here

My planet minecraft profile: http://www.planetmin...ber/circleight/

Register or log in to remove.

Trulph
    Trulph

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

This is just... Ridicolous... The level of detail leaves me speechless! Definitly one of the best creations I've ever seen.

Heartly
    Heartly

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Minecraft: Uthly

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

It's been almost an hour, how has no one commented on this yet..?  It's amazing, and I lvoe everything about it :D  I only wish I could build things like this, heheh.  You said you started in October, but lost a lot of the progress, so how long did it take you to make the bulk of the build?  And what might you be building next, now that this is finished? :)

FailToPwn
  • Minecraft: FailToPwn

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I wish I could build something that well and with so much detail in any length of time, let alone in under 2 months. (That might be down to my inherent lack of creativity and motivation though). One of the best builds I've seen in a very long time.

This should probably be a decent signature. But I'm neither creative nor talented enough to make an image.

Kaval
    Kaval

Mystérieuserator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1943 posts
  • Minecraft: кaval
  • Xbox:Manic Kaval
  • PSN:Kavalist

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

If I could construct a perfect string of words to fully express the entirety of my astonishment to this project, I would. Yet words simply escape me as I stare in awe at this while tossing together a slew of unfitting sentences. Truly I say without a doubt in my mind that I have never beheld such a magnificent project before. The details and perfectly interpreted blocks used to mould this fantastic kingdom was done such by an expert crafting god. To say simply I am impressed would be a mockery to the work done here. Please, by the deities above and below’s creed, if you produce more of these ascended builds…post. For the glory of it all, Post!

Head Admin on Azure. Go on, click one, I know you want too. I wont tell...indulge.

Posted Image or Posted Image

pizza41
    pizza41

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Minecraft: bartsmit41

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

So amazing Best thing i have seen in such a long time!

TehBaclava

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Oh... oh my. That is, without a doubt, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in Minecraft. I am actually at a loss for words, something that doesn't happen often. Truly excellent work.

Circleight

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

View PostTrulph, on 25 November 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

This is just... Ridicolous... The level of detail leaves me speechless! Definitly one of the best creations I've ever seen.
Thank you, I appreciate that :)

Circleight

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostHeartly, on 25 November 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

It's been almost an hour, how has no one commented on this yet..?  It's amazing, and I lvoe everything about it Posted Image  I only wish I could build things like this, heheh.  You said you started in October, but lost a lot of the progress, so how long did it take you to make the bulk of the build?  And what might you be building next, now that this is finished? Posted Image
Thanks! Yeah I started October 4th initially and had plans to finish it at the end  of the month or early November, of course I would keep going if need be.  Though around the end of October I lost a lot of progress, but because I knew what I wanted to do entirely at this point I just went ahead and did that.  It does take time to build, it really does, but I think what takes the most time is believing in what you're creating fully and actually being confident in it.  It takes me a while to fully finalize thing, so everything took around a month 1/2.
My next project might just be my biggest  project actually. The name of it is Epsilon and it is a government controlled city that is trapped between the despair of a gateway being unlocked, connecting ties with another world, and a war between the government.  There's going to be a lot of cinematic effects in the project such as things looking blown up and being built on. I'm not sure how long it will take me but currently I have not even begun to clear out land for the project so I have a long way to go haha :)

Circleight

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostKaval, on 25 November 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

If I could construct a perfect string of words to fully express the entirety of my astonishment to this project, I would. Yet words simply escape me as I stare in awe at this while tossing together a slew of unfitting sentences. Truly I say without a doubt in my mind that I have never beheld such a magnificent project before. The details and perfectly interpreted blocks used to mould this fantastic kingdom was done such by an expert crafting god. To say simply I am impressed would be a mockery to the work done here. Please, by the deities above and below’s creed, if you produce more of these ascended builds…post. For the glory of it all, Post!
Despite your troubles with words, I'm really quite flattered by such a statement.  It makes me genuinely smile to see such a nice comment, and it really gives a nice healthy dose of confidence.  I'll be more than happy to share my next project, whenever it will be finished, however long it will take, I'll be happy to let you know when I do though :)

View Postpizza41, on 25 November 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

So amazing Best thing i have seen in such a long time!
Thank you that's really nice of you!

View PostTehBaclava, on 25 November 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Oh... oh my. That is, without a doubt, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in Minecraft. I am actually at a loss for words, something that doesn't happen often. Truly excellent work.
Thank you so much, im grateful to have so much positivity going on here! <: )

XxPro219xX

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Simply breath-taking! Completely on a different level when compared to NorthLight. Great work thus far!
Posted Image

BKrenz
    BKrenz

Last Guardian of SCT

• Sectional Moderator
  • 4596 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'm... I'm.. Ummm.. uhh... wh...wha....whaa..............

Have you seen my jaw? I think it's on the floor somewhere.
"Programmers never repeat themselves. They loop."

Circleight

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostXxPro219xX, on 25 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Simply breath-taking! Completely on a different level when compared to NorthLight. Great work thus far!
Thanks a lot! And did you mean LastNorth? I've definitely felt more alive working on this than LastNorth, I certainly feel more passion for it :)

ajax6893
    ajax6893

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

I am undeniably AMAZED at this. When I clicked on this I expected something cool but not like... this. /WHAT THE KRAKEN I AM SPEECHLESS face.

Posted Image

Mjb1567
    Mjb1567

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I think this is the best build I have seen so far anywhere, this is just simply astonishing, and completely blew my mind Posted Image
Posted Image

Martnem
    Martnem

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

This makes my projects look like thrash...Posted Image

But seriously, I admire the amount of detail and dedication you have put in this magnificent build!

Take a look at the city of Midgar! (still a WIP)

http://www.minecraft...city-of-midgar/

Circleight

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

View Postajax6893, on 26 November 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

I am undeniably AMAZED at this. When I clicked on this I expected something cool but not like... this. /WHAT THE KRAKEN I AM SPEECHLESS face.
Hey, thanks a lot :)

br1ttany456

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

This is just so Amazing im Speechless

ArchangelOfDoom

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Wow.

/bow

Just one question, how big are those circles on the cathedral and the ones representing the gods, they look huge
Posted Image

Editor22
  • Minecraft: editor22
  • Xbox:edit0r22

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Totally awesome! the third and forth picture deserve a place in on the MC wall of fame for sure!
Posted Image