Latest News Article

minecon 2012: pocket edition

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

PE_crafter
  • Minecraft: kingvenom
  • Xbox:potato?

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

So the live stream is over but i didn't watched it. But does anyone know if the minecraft pocket edition panel is recorded(if they even had a panel) and knows where i can watch it?
<my apologies for my bad english>
For a free itunes gift card by downloading free apps!!! go to this link on your mobile device http://abo.io/cemidwy
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Smint
    Smint

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • Minecraft: tadunne

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

The poster seemed to suggest there was a panel but it was on same time as pc and Xbox panel. Only the pc panel was live streamed. I've not managed to find out if a panel did happen and if so what was said.

Anyone at minecon got any news??!?!

PE_crafter

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostSmint, on 24 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

The poster seemed to suggest there was a panel but it was on same time as pc and Xbox panel. Only the pc panel was live streamed. I've not managed to find out if a panel did happen and if so what was said.

Anyone at minecon got any news??!?!
exactly what he sais, i really wanna know what johans so called "surprise" was for mcpe.
For a free itunes gift card by downloading free apps!!! go to this link on your mobile device http://abo.io/cemidwy
Posted Image

Chunkers
    Chunkers

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1824 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I watched but got bored of it so i play minecraft pe...... i regret it
Posted ImageGet At My Level, Son!!

PE_crafter

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostGeneralChunks11111, on 24 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

I watched but got bored of it so i play minecraft pe...... i regret it
damn you general chunks1111 ;D
you coul've been the saver of the day(if thats correct english) :P
Posted Image

Smint
    Smint

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

@dispensir_ on twitter says that he went to the panel and in a nutshell this was the outcome:

"Expectations for minecraft pocket edition: worldwide mulitplayer, bigger worlds and redstone !"

Also heard and I'm not sure where that red stone is aiming for early next year.

Also remember what Johan said about multiplayer, that they try but it may not happen if it doesn't work well.

It will be interesting to see if there is any interoperability between the new raspberry pi version just announced.

Chunkers
    Chunkers

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1824 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostPE_crafter, on 24 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

damn you general chunks1111 ;D
you coul've been the saver of the day(if thats correct english) :P
Watch the replay it's still happening but its a replay...... I saw CaptainSparklez

sn0wbreeze

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostGeneralChunks11111, on 24 November 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Watch the replay it's still happening but its a replay...... I saw CaptainSparklez
HE NOW HAS 2 CAPES!

Posted Image

Chunkers
    Chunkers

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1824 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

View Postsn0wbreeze, on 25 November 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

HE NOW HAS 2 CAPES!
AND YPU WHAT'S BETTER.......... IT HAS A PICKAXE!!!!!!

Shad0_
    Shad0_

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

I regret nothing...
Also know as- Shadowiki, Shadov, Shadoviki, Shad0_, Shadovik4, and Unlifer. Find me and say "Hi!" or ­ off.

autophil
    autophil

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostSmint, on 24 November 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

@dispensir_ on twitter says that he went to the panel and in a nutshell this was the outcome:

"Expectations for minecraft pocket edition: worldwide mulitplayer, bigger worlds and redstone !"

Also heard and I'm not sure where that red stone is aiming for early next year.

Also remember what Johan said about multiplayer, that they try but it may not happen if it doesn't work well.

It will be interesting to see if there is any interoperability between the new raspberry pi version just announced.

Any more news on this? I still haven't found anything...

Smint
    Smint

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

View Postautophil, on 26 November 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Any more news on this? I still haven't found anything...

The other panels videos are supposed to be appearing soon? I guess they are putting then out bit at a time to conserve bandwidth? I guess they feel people more interested in XBLA version..

ZeRo
    ZeRo

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • Minecraft: ∪れㄥ◯匚K卄モ丹尺匕乙

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hunger games time for Sly, Seamus, CaptainSparklez......
I hope

Life is such a Pain, Follow me and be a Wolf

Posted Image

blafbello
  • Location: Irritating steve and lagging the game with my eggs.
  • Minecraft: blafbello123

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I was at the pocket edition panel, but I haven't seen any camera. So it probably isn't recorded :/ But Aron and Johan confirmed that caves won't some out soon, and they will discuss about the bigger worlds. They play to add more PE-only features, and bredding won't be added soon. Also, they plan to add redstone around next year, and they are testing online multiplayer. And about the minecon secret: Aron said that is was an online multiplayer test (or maybe he didn't say the truth because it's a secret???). Anyway, it wasn't really that special. But we do know a little bit more about future updates.
Posted Image
Proud to be a M.C.P.E.U member :D

Chad
    Chad

Obsidian Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 1332 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postblafbello, on 26 November 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

I was at the pocket edition panel, but I haven't seen any camera. So it probably isn't recorded :/ But Aron and Johan confirmed that caves won't some out soon, and they will discuss about the bigger worlds. They play to add more PE-only features, and bredding won't be added soon. Also, they plan to add redstone around next year, and they are testing online multiplayer. And about the minecon secret: Aron said that is was an online multiplayer test (or maybe he didn't say the truth because it's a secret???). Anyway, it wasn't really that special. But we do know a little bit more about future updates.
Thanks for that report. :) Online Multiplayer certainly is something to get everyone excited. I really hope that is the secret and it will be implemented soon. Redstone next year? Sounds good to me ;) Did they mention anything about weather and the day/night cycle that shows the sun and the moon?

Be sure and quote my post so I know to reply!

Forum Rules

Cyrartyx
    Cyrartyx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostChadtheBuilder, on 26 November 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Thanks for that report. Posted Image Online Multiplayer certainly is something to get everyone excited. I really hope that is the secret and it will be implemented soon. Redstone next year? Sounds good to me Posted Image Did they mention anything about weather and the day/night cycle that shows the sun and the moon?

Johan did mention the sun/moon in his livestream pre-0.5.0 he said if he implements those you will run into the problem of seeing them underground as you mine to the edge of the world so Im guessing if he fixes it like they did in the xbox version then we could see it around the time of bigger worlds.

_ChrisMCMine_
  • Minecraft: ChrisMCMine

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'm so excited About online muliplayer!!! :D
With a friend list probably?

Posted Image

Spoiler:

PE_crafter

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Post_ChrisMCMine_, on 26 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I'm so excited About online muliplayer!!! Posted Image
With a friend list probably?
first of all, blafbello, minecraft pe was recorded!!!:D:D Johan said on twitter that minecon was fun and all and that he will be back at work on wednesday AND that a video of the minecraft pe panel will be up this week, damn im exited :)
And chrismcmine, johan did a live stream on how the reactor will work and answered some question and said that they will look into multiplayer but that it will not be like the pc with a server cause it would be a bad-performance multiplayer and it will probably be with a friend list, good guess :P
btw: im a huge fan of you both :P
Posted Image

autophil
    autophil

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

So let me see if I've got this right, what we know about the timeline for MCPE basically looks like this?

Online multiplayer -- being tested!
PE-only features -- being added at some point (but what features?)
Redstone -- next year (between 1 and 13 months from now)
Caves -- maybe eventually
Bigger worlds -- to be discussed
Breeding -- not soon (maybe eventually?)

CanineCookie
  • Minecraft: CanineCookie

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postautophil, on 26 November 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

So let me see if I've got this right, what we know about the timeline for MCPE basically looks like this?

Online multiplayer -- being tested!
PE-only features -- being added at some point (but what features?)
Redstone -- next year (between 1 and 13 months from now)
Caves -- maybe eventually
Bigger worlds -- to be discussed
Breeding -- not soon (maybe eventually?)

Online multiplayer and Armour-they're working on it. Trying to get it in 0.6.0 (two updates from now) Don't get your hopes up probably not.
Redstone- also working on it. Gunna be like PC
Bigger worlds- Wouldn't work (crash and bugs) on older devices
Caves- also wouldn't work well. Maybe an option in future
Pe-only features-No idea if they're working on it. If they are, they're probably working on cameras and nether core
Breeding-Idk if he said anything on it, Eventually. Working on other more important things. 

Got this info from johan's second live stream. Check it out