Latest News Article

OFFICIAL MINECON 2012 CAPE! (NEW!)

minecon minecraft cape 2012 official new video exclusive awesome blue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

OliverFrenchie
  • Minecraft: OliverFrenchie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Here is the official Minecon 2012 cape. I wanted to make a quick video just to showcase this year's Minecon cape to those who haven't had the chance to see it.

Register or log in to remove.

chow_bo
    chow_bo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Yeah pretty cool... How do I get it? Do you have any instructions on how we can get it? Do we have to have a code?

Jet_Rosso
  • Minecraft: TheBronzechicken

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

View Postchow_bo, on 25 November 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

Yeah pretty cool... How do I get it? Do you have any instructions on how we can get it? Do we have to have a code?

Well you need to have bought a minecon 2012 ticket to have the cape as sort of a souvenir from minecon but if you bought a minecon ticket there should be a box that says Minecraft username on the ticket where you enter your minecraft name.
There is supposed to be a signature here.

Epic Sam
    Epic Sam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Minecraft: Epic_Sam

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

I wish they could just sell the capes by themselves without buying a ticket to fly across the other side of the world to get one. 3=
"Though I walk through the valley of crackers, I fear no evil for Cheesus Crust is with me."
If you want me to reply to you, I'd appreciate it if you quote my post so I can reply back faster.
Do not click this link.

chow_bo
    chow_bo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

So if I did attend I would have to grab the box they sent me, fill out my username and send it back? Or is it all on the internet like a site?

stuffe
    stuffe

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Part of the ticket buying process was supplying your game name.  If you didn't do this, they should contact you to tell them what it is.  Other than attending, the ONLY way to get one is to use someone else's unique URL which they email to attendees. i.e. someone who actually went (or at least paid for a ticket) would have to forgo having the cape in order to give (sell?) it to someone else, highly unlikely.  What you can get hold of is the same cape for your XBOX avatar if that's how you play, because everyone got a free code for that too.  They are popping up in ebay starting at £100 - I'm selling mine (along with all my other stuff, wristband, bag, lanyard, scrolls alpha code etc)...  I've not seem any in-game capes for sale, I doubt you will find one.

This is the email they sent out - don't even try to use that URL, I already redeemed mine Posted Image

Here's Your MINECON 2012 Minecraft Cape!

Hello there danstuffe,
A popular part of going to MINECON is that you receive an in-game cape for your character to show everyone online that you were there.
This year's edition comes in spectacular blue with a golden pickaxe fitted in the center. Follow the link below and log in tominecraft.net (with your usual credentials) and it will automatically get added to your character.
http://minecraft.net...TYwMTdkYzNiMTQ=
What if I already have the MINECON 2011 cape?

Both your capes will be available for choosing on the minecraft.net profile page and you can select which one you'd like to have on you at any given time.
What if I don't want to wear the cape right now?

We'll add this selection soon, should be a quick fix.
Can I give the cape to a friend?

Sure, just give them the link and let them use it. A used cape link cannot be unused.
Happy mining!
Mojang

stuffe
    stuffe

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostEpic Sam, on 25 November 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

I wish they could just sell the capes by themselves without buying a ticket to fly across the other side of the world to get one. 3=

They did - you could have paid 99 euros for a ticket and just not gone ;)

Rolocker
    Rolocker

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

View Poststuffe, on 26 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

They did - you could have paid 99 euros for a ticket and just not gone Posted Image

Thats expensive. For most people a waste of money. Though, you still get the cape :)

pepsi_kid

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

I like the last cape the best.
Posted Image

Epic Sam
    Epic Sam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Minecraft: Epic_Sam

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View Poststuffe, on 26 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

They did - you could have paid 99 euros for a ticket and just not gone Posted Image
That's quite expensive for a virtual cape! If it were to be for sale at that exact price, I'd just save money which will take about 10 years. 3=
"Though I walk through the valley of crackers, I fear no evil for Cheesus Crust is with me."
If you want me to reply to you, I'd appreciate it if you quote my post so I can reply back faster.
Do not click this link.