Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

A Question...


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

For anyone that has played around with lava & a map. How many blocks of lava is needed until 1 pixel on the map shows as red? Or better yet, how many blocks make up one pixel? I'm guessing 16x16?

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#2

xplodingporkchopz
  • Location: Capital Wasteland
  • Minecraft: realbrotastic
  • Xbox:Mr Brotastic

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

You mean the red dot on the map? I thought it only had to be a 2x2 square in order to show lava. I'm not 100% though.

#3

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

View Postxplodingporkchopz, on 24 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

You mean the red dot on the map?

Correct.

Posted Image


#4

SnyderGuy
    SnyderGuy

    Ghast Hunter

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2514 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

It requires a 3x3.
Religion, has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of the day, and the invisible man has a special list. Of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and will send you there to suffer and choke and scream for all of eternity... But he still loves you.

#5

UpUp_Away95
  • Location: Somewhere in my mine (or mind)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Certainly not as large as 16 x 16, since I've had surface lava lakes show up on the map that are smaller than that.

#6

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostSnyderGuy, on 24 November 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

It requires a 3x3.

I hope you are correct. Cheers, Snyder. /thumbup.etchasketch

View PostUpUp_Away95, on 24 November 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Certainly not as large as 16 x 16, since I've had surface lava lakes show up on the map that are smaller than that.

Well, that was just a quick guess. I was tired, feeling blonde, & ready for bed. So...

Posted Image


#7

1xMobSlayerx1
  • Minecraft: SpeckTech
  • PSN:SpeckTech

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'm guessing that you're going to use this information to build some pixel art out of the whole map?
Posted Image

#8

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

View Post1xMobSlayerx1, on 25 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I'm guessing that you're going to use this information to build some pixel art out of the whole map?

Kind of. I'm building a Hunger Games arena on a superflat world. I have the arena in the centre of the map, that is 257m in diameter, & the spawn about 100 blocks away. Tributes take a short walk to a minecart elevator, they then take a ride in a minecart, & drop into the arena. Anyway, last night I was bored, so I decide to flood the rest of the map with water, & now, I decided I'm going to write, or draw something using lava... for fun.   Posted Image

Spoiler:
.

Posted Image


#9

GoldOre
    GoldOre

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 565 posts
  • Location: Xbox

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Seed?

Or, if I understand correctly, it is a normal map that you just flooded?

You had me confused at how small that landmass is (though huge is man-made).

Check out my server! Link in spoiler!


#10

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostGoldOre, on 25 November 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Seed?

Or, if I understand correctly, it is a normal map that you just flooded?

You had me confused at how small that landmass is (though huge is man-made).
It's a superflat map that I flooded by myself. Easier than you would think. The hardest part was waiting for the water to flow across the entire map. Boy did that generate some lag!

Posted Image


#11

CyrusMcKee

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

View Postboxanata, on 25 November 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

It's a superflat map that I flooded by myself. Easier than you would think. The hardest part was waiting for the water to flow across the entire map. Boy did that generate some lag!

I really hope you didn't place a source block in every block of the map LOL. All you need to do is create a border of source blocks on 2 sides that are diagonal to each other and it will fill its self in. I know because i'm creating an adventure map similar to skyblock and im also covering the entire floor of the map with water.
Posted Image

#12

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostCyrusMcKee, on 25 November 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

I really hope you didn't place a source block in every block of the map LOL. All you need to do is create a border of source blocks on 2 sides that are diagonal to each other and it will fill its self in. I know because i'm creating an adventure map similar to skyblock and im also covering the entire floor of the map with water.
No, I am not that stupid. I have been Minecraft long enough to know how the water physics work. That would just be plain crazy doing it the way you said. lol

Posted Image


#13

CyrusMcKee

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

View Postboxanata, on 25 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

No, I am not that stupid. I have been Minecraft long enough to know how the water physics work. That would just be plain crazy doing it the way you said. lol

yea, the part that sucks is lining the entire map with a wall of bedrock lol
Posted Image

#14

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostCyrusMcKee, on 25 November 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

yea, the part that sucks is lining the entire map with a wall of bedrock lol

Ouch! Have fun! Posted Image

Posted Image