Latest News Article

Working sprinkler system

redstone

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

JoelAutobot10
  • Minecraft: JoelAutobot12

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

My brother set up a building contest between me and my sister, on minecraft. He said that working sprinkler systems and/or lift would earn extra pionts. So I thought up a plan to make a sprinkler system.
This is a quick diagram:

i = redstone torch
- = block
L = lever
! = redstone torch off
= = redstone
D = despencer (with water inside)

!============D
---------------   --
i
-
!
-
i
-
! L

When the lever turns off (the lever has to already be on, so it turns off the
redstone torch at the bottom) it turns on the redstone torch at the bottom causing the next to turn off allowing the next one to turn on causing the despencer to turn on.
To turn it off you have to turn the lever off and on again.

Sorry I didn't upload a picture or video. I don't know how to. Can someone tell me how to?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

beebop2
    beebop2

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Press F2 to take an in-game screenshot. Then, upload it to an image sharing site (http://imgur.com is a good one). Then, when you want to insert the image into your post, press the "image" button in the post editor and use the imgur.com link to your image.

JoelAutobot10

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for telling me how to upload pictures, beebop2!

when off:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sYFbh.png[/img]

When you turn off the lever the bottom redstone torch turns on,
causing this to happen:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/m1NOl.png[/img]

These pictures are just showing how it works. On my actual sprinkler system there are about 5 despencers per floor and I made 10 floors. Also there are 5 switches, each for 2 floors. So I had to make tons of curcuits. My pictures are just of a simple design.
This is one of the redstone chambers in my tower:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oyxN0.png[/img]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UOXos.png[/img]

To turn off the sprinker system you have to pull the lever another 3 times, since the fisrt time will turn off the redstone and the despencer (but the despencer will leave the water out), the third time the redstone turns back on (turning the despencer on again, so it sucks up the water) and the third time the redstone would turn off again and the despencer will still have the water in it.

If you can't see the lever on the the first picture (that is on the side of the block under the bottom redstone torch) tell me, so I'll upload a picture that shows it.
Posted Image

rocket_455

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

mother of simplicity....

JoelAutobot10

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

View Postrocket_455, on 24 November 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

mother of simplicity....

It's not that simple! I had to build a massive and complex version of it. That was just a small cut-away version of it, just to show how it works.
Posted Image

Mathy
    Mathy

Matherator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3527 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

It's pretty simple, not really great.

Fermat said:

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this, which this margin is too small to contain.

rocket_455

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostJoelAutobot10, on 24 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

It's not that simple! I had to build a massive and complex version of it. That was just a small cut-away version of it, just to show how it works.
its really simple. extreamly simple. two not gates OH WOW

Mathy
    Mathy

Matherator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3527 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Simple meaning not complex, not simple meaning small.

A NOT gate is super basic, the simplest thing to post here is a new super compact gate (not a NOT gate). Things like ALUs go here.

Fermat said:

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this, which this margin is too small to contain.

Scum
    Scum

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostMathy, on 28 November 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Simple meaning not complex, not simple meaning small.

A NOT gate is super basic, the simplest thing to post here is a new super compact gate (not a NOT gate). Things like ALUs go here.

A general redstone section for discussing redstone mechanisms, tutorials and discussing the properties of redstone itself.

That's what the description is for this section. This thing is built around redstone, therefore it belongs here.
XP Guide
Regardless of what change you do, no matter how small, someone will complain. - Jens Bergensten
If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my post in your reply.

AEtherTech

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostScum, on 28 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

A general redstone section for discussing redstone mechanisms, tutorials and discussing the properties of redstone itself.

That's what the description is for this section. This thing is built around redstone, therefore it belongs here.

Do you guys want some ice, that was a pretty hot flame Scrum owned you with.

http://www.youtube.com/user/aethertech
If you have a redstone question - don't be afraid to ask it. If you are to afraid to ask it on the forums, send me a private message.

Mathy
    Mathy

Matherator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3527 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostScum, on 28 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

I know, it belongs here technically, I'm saying I personally don't think it is up to par with the standards.

Fermat said:

AEtherTech

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostMathy, on 28 November 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

I know, it belongs here technically, I'm saying I personally don't think it is up to par with the standards.

What standards? Minecraft is an open sandbox game that anyone, of any age group, of any mental capacity, of any ability with the right controls, can play.

If minecraft had standards, then you'd not be playing it. Go back to COD, its for elitist, right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/aethertech
If you have a redstone question - don't be afraid to ask it. If you are to afraid to ask it on the forums, send me a private message.

Vidiot1169

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostMathy, on 28 November 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Jeez just rip them a new one cuz they didn't need a ridiculous system that has a ton of extra variables in it to make it work.  Just cuz you like to make it all complex doesn't really mean that it NEEDS to be complex. Im not bagging on complex things, but i prefer to make mine more simple if I'm gonna show other people my work to make sure its simple to follow.  He got it to work without a bunch of extra steps, so technically his is more efficient and more user friendly, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Joel keep having a life, and nice sprinkler system