Latest News Article

Halal Torture, Just disgusting.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

PoliceManHat
  • Minecraft: PoliceManHat
  • Xbox:Ch52214

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

And you guys are surprised. Bet you think gangs fight with unicorns and butterflies as well.
eddYe said:
Yeah, and when you dont harvest them fast enough, some black men comes and steals your bike and watermelons

Register or log in to remove.

Milikeny
    Milikeny

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • Minecraft: milikeny

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

My thoughts on this are:

Tribalism =/= Religion

This is tribal practice.
In a world where only happiness exists, we would know no happiness, as there would be no sadness to compare it to.

TehBaclava

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Okay, OP, I did a little research on your video.

The people behind it, ABC Four Corners, have a Wikipedia article. This video is mentioned in a list of notable episodes. I won't bother to link it, anyone can find it by typing "ABC Four Corners" into Wikipedia. The article links to an activism campaign from Get Up! calling for a ban on live export due the the cruelties inflicted by Indonesian abattoirs.

Now, the description of the video on the wiki page, as well as the campaign page, makes no mention of Muslims or Halal. This video was posted on Youtube by a user called interestmedia, and if you look at their uploaded videos, you notice a few things. One, that many of their videos have more dislikes than likes. Two, that comments are disabled for their videos. And three, that all of their videos have to do with Muslims in some way; all of the ones I saw portray Muslims in a negative light. Now, could it be that this user has an agenda? Or is, gasp, biased against Muslims?

After conducting my research, I decided to watch the video. However, after clicking through to Youtube, I saw that it was age-restricted for inappropriate content. I could have continued, since I am of age, but the fact that you decided to post such a video tells me a couple things. One, that you most likely had to have deliberately gone looking for the video. And two, that you posted an inappropriate video on a family-friendly forum to make a point. Neither of these conclusions paint you in a rosy light.

Forgive me if my assumptions are incorrect, but it looks to me like you are just trying to stir up anti-Muslim sentiment. I noticed that you completely ignored the two real, live Muslims telling you that the torture you describe is not Halal in favor of the video you got from an anti-Muslim Youtube channel. So again, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm not inclined to believe you simply were the victim of misinformation.

Or if you are, you couldn't be bothered to do the less than five minutes of research it took to check your source.

ChampionRed

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Sorry for my stupidiy for not checking information about the subject.
I am also sorry if i made offended people.

Posted Image

toast_burner

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostTehBaclava, on 25 November 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Ahh, misinformation channeled into "righteous" rage. OP, have you actually... talked to a Muslim about what Halal meat is? I have, and I can confirm that the only true thing from the, ah, documentary is that they do cut the cow's throat. As has been posted, this is about the most humane way to kill an animal as you can expect from an old religious tradition. And as has also been pointed out, some of America's livestock practices are the furthest thing from humane.

I think what you can take from this is the fact that you should ALWAYS double-check your information. Don't just blindly take what you see, hear, or read for granted. Otherwise, you might end up, say, disseminating false information on a public forum.
While it is humnane for a practice that is over 1000 years old, we aren't in 600AD any more. This is the 21st century.

TehBaclava

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Posttoast_burner, on 25 November 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

While it is humnane for a practice that is over 1000 years old, we aren't in 600AD any more. This is the 21st century.

One could say the same about many religious practices. What about circumcision? It is a completely unnecessary practice, and if done incorrectly, the results can be... disturbing. Or how about animal sacrifice? Some, like Santerians, would say it is a necessary component of their religious beliefs, others would say it is wrong and inhumane.  As long as one can verify that it is both a legitimate religious practice (a thorny problem, I know), and that people are not being harmed by it, who are we to say that one cannot do it?

toast_burner

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostTehBaclava, on 25 November 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

One could say the same about many religious practices. What about circumcision? It is a completely unnecessary practice, and if done incorrectly, the results can be... disturbing. Or how about animal sacrifice? Some, like Santerians, would say it is a necessary component of their religious beliefs, others would say it is wrong and inhumane.  As long as one can verify that it is both a legitimate religious practice (a thorny problem, I know), and that people are not being harmed by it, who are we to say that one cannot do it?
Implying that I'm ok with circumcising children.

AzemOcram
    AzemOcram

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3155 posts
  • Minecraft: AzemOcram

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Circumcision is a different topic alltogether. The politics section used to not be "Politically Correct," "family friendly," whitewashed, and null. There are horror stories in the meat industry but in theory, this would never comply with Halal slaughter. The humane thing would be to kill them quickly either stunned or with a guillotine-like device.

--Ocram

Thefluffyraptor4
  • Minecraft: poopball77

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostTehBaclava, on 25 November 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

Circumcisions are done by doctors so that the *youknowwhats* don't get infected or dirty as easily.

And I don't get how killing an innocent animal is considered holy at all.
Posted Image
Click if you can :P

warobsessive

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Well this is torture right? Doing all those things is normal in he realm of torture because that's the point. To inflict, slow, horrible pain.

Thefluffyraptor4
  • Minecraft: poopball77

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

It seems like the Realm of Torture IS coming :(
Posted Image
Click if you can :P

Montopolis
  • Minecraft: Montopolis

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostJDawgMillenium, on 24 November 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

Oh, I thought the title said "Ha!Ha! Torture, Just Disgusting," like it was a rant about the U.S. tickling terrorists for information until they couldn't breathe.

You wouldn't happen to be from Bay12, would you?

View PostKorhonen, on 20 March 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

I don't want to control America. I'm quitting, find someone else to lead your country.

Sting_Auer

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostMontopolis, on 25 November 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

You wouldn't happen to be from Bay12, would you?

*beard bump*
Posted Image

Montopolis
  • Minecraft: Montopolis

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostSting_Auer, on 25 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

*beard bump*
Pull the lever!

View PostKorhonen, on 20 March 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

I don't want to control America. I'm quitting, find someone else to lead your country.

JDawgMillenium

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Am I missing something here?

Sting_Auer

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostJDawgMillenium, on 25 November 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

You tree-kissing elf! PULL THE LEVER!
Posted Image

Dairuka
    Dairuka

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1426 posts
  • Minecraft: Dairuka

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

This thread is now rated D for Dwarf.

Water Falls. Everybody dies.

Ever seen 12,000 blocks of Obsidian towering over the world? I have, I built it. Go see.
Moraterra Single Player Survival - Last Updated: September 16, 4:00 PM PST

MiracleMouse

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Its a dwarven thingy lad...  Yew woodnt git it if ye tried!
Posted Image

Sting_Auer

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Thread Derail™, provided by Dwarf Fortress!

I think this thread can be locked now, OP's views have been proven to be entirely unfounded, and there isn't much more discussion to take place. Possibly merge with the Vegetarianism thread?
Posted Image

Milikeny
    Milikeny

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • Minecraft: milikeny

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

But meat is good :C
In a world where only happiness exists, we would know no happiness, as there would be no sadness to compare it to.