• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

New Weapon: The Mace - Last Updated 13/09/13 [Mob Effectiveness Section!]

mace new weapon medieval

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: The Mace (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Should this be added to Vanilla?

1. Yes (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. No (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Skip (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Should any of the enchantments be removed, if any?

1. Bleeding I (7 votes [11.48%])

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

2. Nausea I* (7 votes [11.48%])

3. Pulverize I, II, III, IV, V* (5 votes [8.20%])

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

4. Whip I, II (7 votes [11.48%])

5. Fury I (6 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

6. Beheading I, II, III* (6 votes [9.84%])

7. Armour Piercing I, II (4 votes [6.56%])

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

8. Blindness I (7 votes [11.48%])

9. Steadfast I (6 votes [9.84%])

10. Skip (6 votes [9.84%])

Is the Mob Effectiveness a good idea?

1. Yes (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Yes, but they need a little tweaking (post below) (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. No (2 votes [28.57%])

4. Skip (2 votes [28.57%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

NitrogenSnow
  • Minecraft: NitrogenSnow

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Summary
A new weapon to minecraft that differs slightly from the sword and does not have any tiers. Cannot block and slows the player down upon use. Has some strong enchantments.

How do I craft it?
Spiked Ball Recipe - The spiked ball could be used for throwing a reclaimable item or something? Not too sure, but this would only add 1 useless item to the game that's only used in crafting, such as Cocoa beans or Golden Nuggets. This item could be used for a future flail item, as suggested by KholdStare. It is expensive because the Mace can be quite powerful in some ways.

Posted Image
Mace Recipe

What will it look like?
Posted Image
As you can see, it has a long handle with a spike ball on top.

What does it do?
This is a non-tiered weapon, and is one of a kind like the bow. The Mace is another melee item that deals 2.5 hearts of damage in a single hit (5 hp, like a Stone Sword) but will deal 7 hearts of damage on a critical hit (14 hp, an extra heart of damage than a diamond sword critical hit) making it quite the deadly weapon. However, this weapon can not block and grants the slowness potion effect (level I) while the mace is in a player's hotbar, meaning it can both be really good but really disastrous. If you take this item out of your hotbar, the slowness I effect will persist for an extra 5 seconds, to prevent switching quickly for advantage (if the player cannot put it in their inventory fast enough then they could just use mods like Inventory Tweaks which are allowed on servers).

Mace Enchantments:
* = Only accessible with the Anvil.

Bleeding I, II
Will cause the target to lose 1/2 heart every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, can kill the player. Maybe 30 seconds or so for level II?
Death Message: NitrogenSnow bled to death

Nausea I*
Will give the nausea effect on the enemy for 5 seconds, will make mobs walk around in circles and mobs will not attack (creepers won't explode). Only obtainable via combining a Pulverise IV book and a Bleeding I book.

Pulverize I, II, III, IV, V* [Incompatible with Fury]
Acts similar to the Sharpness attack for the sword, but for the Mace instead.

Whip I, II
Acts similar to the Knockback attack for the sword, but for the Mace instead.

Uppercut I, II - Incompatible with Whip (Removed)
Flings the player vertically towards the sky for 3 blocks on I, and 5 blocks on II, however the user is damaged in the process regardless of armour (1 heart) due to the fact it takes immense strength to peform the attack, and puts strain on the muscles.
Death Message: NitrogenSnow's arm fell off
(Cause I cannot think of a better one, and this is slightly humorous to see in chat)

Fury I [Incompatible with Pulverize]
You gain 1 second of strength I for every successful hit.

Beheading I, II, III*
Increased chance to drop mob heads. I = 5% II = 10% III = 20%

Armour Piercing I, II
Deals extra damage to Chainmail+ Armour:
Chainmail = x2 for I, x4 for II
Iron = x1.5 for I, x3 for II
Diamond = x1.5 for I, x3 for II

New Sword Enchantments (Balancing):
Blindness I*
Blinds a player for 2 seconds, and makes mobs spin in circles. (Only obtainable by combining a Fire Aspect II book and a Sharpness IV book.

Steadfast I
You gain 1 second of swiftness I for every successful hit. The sword's equivalent of Fury I.

Mob Effectiveness:
Now we have more than one melee weapon, we can consider some effectiveness against certain mobs. Here are my ideas:

Mace:
Positive:
- 1 heart more damage to a Skeleton
- 1/2 heart more damage to a Spider

Negative:
- 1 heart less damage to a Zombie
- 1/2 heart less damage to a Creeper

Sword:
Positive:
- 1 heart more damage to a Zombie
- 1/2 heart more damage to a Creeper

Negative:
- 1 heart less damage to a Skeleton
- 1/2 heart less damage to a Spider

Thoughts?

Edits:
13/09/13 - Tweaked some enchantments (first update in a long while I know, just revisiting)
31/12/12 - More damage to skeletons + sword counterpart and removed lunge attack due to poll votes
30/12/12 - Modified slowness effect
15/12/12 - Modified Enchantments
27/11/12 - Removed Uppercut due to popular votes and added new mace/sword enchantments. Nerfed the mace a little by reducing it's normal damage to that of a Stone Sword.
25/11/12 - Small enchantment revision + Poll
24/11/12 - Changed crafting recipe, edited post a little and changed Critical Hit Damage.

Edited by NitrogenSnow, 13 September 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Intro Poem to my Channel: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X9YIFTE3rjA

Register or log in to remove.

MinecraftShamrock
  • Minecraft: MCShamrock

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Cool thing!
If you agree I might do a mod ybout that.
I you have any other mod ideas please post some of them in the topic I've linked above. (in the signature)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Everyone, who never made a mistake has never tried something new."

Quote, Albert Einstein

NitrogenSnow

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostMinecraftShamrock, on 23 November 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Cool thing!
If you agree I might do a mod ybout that.
I you have any other mod ideas please post some of them in the topic I've linked above. (in the signature)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

No thanks, I'm already modding it.
The mod had too many bugs I couldn't fix and the enchantments wouldn't work correctly.

Fogbot3
    Fogbot3

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Minecraft: Fogbot3

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

That sounds so awesome. I love maces!
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=229041]Posted Image[/url]

EpicEnderMiner

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

I like it. :)

My current avatar is: Raistlin Majere from the Dragonlance novels.

Posted Image

MinecraftShamrock
  • Minecraft: MCShamrock

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Where can I download it?

"Everyone, who never made a mistake has never tried something new."

Quote, Albert Einstein

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I feel that MC needs some more Non-Tier weapons. Although I feel the mace sprite itself could use some work, I support.

Posted Image

NitrogenSnow

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

View Postjpmrocks, on 23 November 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

I feel that MC needs some more Non-Tier weapons. Although I feel the mace sprite itself could use some work, I support.
That's what I thought too, I had a few ideas for the Mace but the one on this topic I think suits it most.

View PostMinecraftShamrock, on 23 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Where can I download it?
I'm modding it, it's not done yet. It will have tons of other weapons I have thought of too.

View PostFogbot3, on 23 November 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

That sounds so awesome. I love maces!
Thanks!

View PostEpicEnderMiner, on 23 November 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

I like it. Posted Image
Thanks!

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10469 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Needs a little nerfing, but otherwise good.
Posted ImagePosted Image

TwistedNerve

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

The way to craft it is clunky and yields two items that are useless for anything other than making a mace.
That, at least, would need to change before being accepted into vanilla, I think.

Combat Diversity

A topic that I very much like.  It makes me sad to see it dormant.

Melkior_Wiseman

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I suggest a less complicated crafting recipe:
Posted Image
An iron block to make the mace head.  Using such a huge chunk of iron justifies the huge damage.

If you're really stuck on using 4 flint, they could go in the middle left and right.

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4841 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postjpmrocks, on 23 November 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Hell, it needs more weapons period. Even tiered ones, so long as it isn't "moar swurds1111!1".

View PostMelkior_Wiseman, on 24 November 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

I suggest a less complicated crafting recipe:
Posted Image
An iron block to make the mace head.  Using such a huge chunk of iron justifies the huge damage.

If you're really stuck on using 4 flint, they could go in the middle left and right.

I prefer the current recipe (though spike balls and iron balls could be combined in to one recipe.. Spike balls could be used for lots of things if this were implemented, for an example, flails and placable spike balls (replacing spikes to an extent).

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image‚Äč

Coalshower
  • Minecraft: CoalShower

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I actually like it but we need to make the recipe less complicated. Wont have another use for Iron Balls and Mace heads unless they can be thrown with the same distance as Splash Potions

View PostNitrogenSnow, on 23 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

No thanks, I'm already modding it.

Troll time.

AND YOU HAD TO SUGGEST THAT???

Posted Image

tehpwnzerz
  • Minecraft: Teh_pwnzerz0
  • Xbox:Teh pwnzerz0

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

ehh.... I'm only half on the fence for this one, mainly because of the description for pulverize and the critical hit stats. The mace should do 2.5 hearts, or 5 hp, of damage and do a random 6-8 hearts. This would increase the chaos and confusion of using it. Pulverize should also just be a higher level enchantment.

Ergo, Half Support.
Let your opinion be without bias, and be swift to correct yourself rather than others.
Posted Image

girtas_praeivis2

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

i love maces too but... 2 or 3 hits? its almost better than a diamond sword! agree with the new melee weapons but... so much damage...

GeneralPolaris
  • Minecraft: GeneralPolaris

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Not you again. Let's go through this again and just kill this one.

Melee - First off why would you make a weapon that leans to two extremes. First off having it do this will not balance it. Someone could easily get to an unsuspecting person switch to the weapon and one hit them. The slowness effect would become pointless. I'm not sure if you've ever done any hardcore melee type of games but they tend to have almost no blocking so the negative effects are pretty much useless making this weapon heavily overpowered for so few resources.

Bleeding - Again with just renaming them. You do realize that you're pretty much talking about poison right? Or maybe you just got it from Minez who knows where you're ripping this off from.

Nausea - What???

Pulverize - Why give it another separate enchantment that is exactly like sharpness. I hope you know most effective maces were actually really sharp.

Whip - It is just knockback. I see absolutely zero reason for you having to make a special one just for the mace. You may start complaining that oh the bow has punch. This is for technical reasons since the bow has to create an arrow with the affect so the change is purely game mechanics.

Uppercut - This is just ridiculous. Its knockback on steriods just because you think it would be cool despite the fact that it makes it even more unbalanced. This can easily become a one hit kill.

Recipe - You're just adding things with no purpose. Iron ball? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not see any item in MineCraft that is just used for one thing unless it itself can do something. Even mod makers make sure not to do this since it is extremely redundant.

You - I noticed you don't put your work up here to make it better all you seem to want is for approval and to think you're amazing. Well if you want approval you better thank about what you post. Actually put some thought and work into what you are doing.

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostGeneralPolaris, on 24 November 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Not you again. Let's go through this again and just kill this one.

Melee - First off why would you make a weapon that leans to two extremes. First off having it do this will not balance it. Someone could easily get to an unsuspecting person switch to the weapon and one hit them. The slowness effect would become pointless. I'm not sure if you've ever done any hardcore melee type of games but they tend to have almost no blocking so the negative effects are pretty much useless making this weapon heavily overpowered for so few resources.

Bleeding - Again with just renaming them. You do realize that you're pretty much talking about poison right? Or maybe you just got it from Minez who knows where you're ripping this off from.

Nausea - What???

Pulverize - Why give it another separate enchantment that is exactly like sharpness. I hope you know most effective maces were actually really sharp.

Whip - It is just knockback. I see absolutely zero reason for you having to make a special one just for the mace. You may start complaining that oh the bow has punch. This is for technical reasons since the bow has to create an arrow with the affect so the change is purely game mechanics.

Uppercut - This is just ridiculous. Its knockback on steriods just because you think it would be cool despite the fact that it makes it even more unbalanced. This can easily become a one hit kill.

Recipe - You're just adding things with no purpose. Iron ball? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not see any item in MineCraft that is just used for one thing unless it itself can do something. Even mod makers make sure not to do this since it is extremely redundant.

You - I noticed you don't put your work up here to make it better all you seem to want is for approval and to think you're amazing. Well if you want approval you better thank about what you post. Actually put some thought and work into what you are doing.

1. Some people don't use weapons for just PvP, they actually like trying to survive.
2. Because a lot of games don't use the term bleeding, okay...
3. That is the effect's name in the game files.
4. Most maces were just cast-iron clubs. The spikes added were actually nails or studs that were heated into the the head. They broke quite easily.
5. Bow= Non-Tiered, gets own enchant. Mace= Non-Tiered, gets own enchant. I see no problem here.
6. Knockback, if anything, makes a one hit kill impossible, unless near lava, cacti or a cliff. The knock back throws a player away before dealing all damage, and can save a person's life.
7. *cough cough* Cocoa, Magma Cream, Ghast Tears, Awkward Potion, Mundane Potion, Emeralds...
8. I noticed you post these not-well thought out rants to gain your own approval. Your post is a double-edged sword, the the sharp end aimed at yourself. And to quote you... Actually put some thought and work into what you are doing. Herrumph...

Let this suggestion live, since it still was worth!

Posted Image

GeneralPolaris
  • Minecraft: GeneralPolaris

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postjpmrocks, on 24 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

1. Some people don't use weapons for just PvP, they actually like trying to survive.
2. Because a lot of games don't use the term bleeding, okay...
3. That is the effect's name in the game files.
4. Most maces were just cast-iron clubs. The spikes added were actually nails or studs that were heated into the the head. They broke quite easily.
5. Bow= Non-Tiered, gets own enchant. Mace= Non-Tiered, gets own enchant. I see no problem here.
6. Knockback, if anything, makes a one hit kill impossible, unless near lava, cacti or a cliff. The knock back throws a player away before dealing all damage, and can save a person's life.
7. *cough cough* Cocoa, Magma Cream, Ghast Tears, Awkward Potion, Mundane Potion, Emeralds...
8. I noticed you post these not-well thought out rants to gain your own approval. Your post is a double-edged sword, the the sharp end aimed at yourself. And to quote you... Actually put some thought and work into what you are doing. Herrumph...

Let this suggestion live, since it still was worth!
1. Even if it is used for survival it is still over powered in the same way I described. So even then what you said does not disprove that point.
2. It is still renaming an already used effect. It is also been used before especially in Minecraft plugins and mods.
3. Well rather than just renaming it why not use whats there?
4. Well if you want to use that model of the mace most of these effects don't make sense with it. Also I specifically said the effective maces used sharp points.
5. If you didn't actually read it "You may start complaining that oh the bow has punch. This is for technical reasons since the bow has to create an arrow with the affect so the change is purely game mechanics."
6. Critical Hit of 6HP plus a 7 block fall is 4 hp that makes 11 hp off. If the other player had low hp or was in a condition where they could fall a bit further it would be a one hit. But still taking off 11hp in one hit is a hell of a lot.
7. Cocoa beans have cookies and dye. Magma cream and Ghast tears are for potion making which has become a large part of the game although just for one use. Awkward potion is used for 7 other potions while mundane is used for 2 potions. Emeralds are not only used for making decorative blocks but also serve in the trading mechanic.
8. "Actually put some thought and work into what you are doing." Back at you Mr. Hero. Look at the content before you try to post about me. It was pretty clear.

Edit: I really didn't add anything new from my first post all I did was reinforce my thoughts with proof from the game. I didn't add anything new. Except for one fixed typo.

WizardBuddy2
  • Minecraft: WizardBuddy2

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Way too OP. No support.
Posted Image
Enderpearls need more uses! Go to http://www.minecraft...591-ender-dust/ to fix that!

TenebraeAeternae

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I hate maces.

With that said, well done with the formulation of your concept. Seeing as how I'm hoping that they impliment further weapons and a better combat system...your concept of a Mace would have a place. So, you got my full support.