Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Invisible light blocks

map making tool light block

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

DogsRNice

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

if you have ever made a map and have a part where you want it lit up? but don't want torches, glow stone etc.?
one way to do this is delete the torch texture but this would not work well if you put this up on planet minecraft and people don't use the texture pack it would look strange. "but its invisabe how do u now whare u are putting them and where they r??!?" but if the block is visible when you are in creative so you can place and destroy them with out looking for the center of light. of course they should be intangible (you cant touch them) so you can walk through the light without hitting the block.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Axelbrod

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

I can't understand a single word of that. Judging from the title, however, I assume you mean the addition of what is basically invisible glowstone.
Posted Image Yoda is saying that he liked 1.4.6

lightbulbwindows1000
  • Minecraft: BlueAmbulance
  • Xbox:Never heard of it
  • PSN:PS...2?

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Can't understand anything. You don't get any support from me until you can make this more understandable.
Posted Image

user_1259045

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

wat

You can't just ramble on and on and veer off into a completely different topic.
If I can actually understand what you're saying, THEN maybe I would actually consider this idea.
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

Turkybaconyum
  • Xbox:dragonblaze9000

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I actually understood it... Oh no! I must be an alien!
Seems a bit interesting. Simple way of putting it:
A brick should be added that is an invisible block that you can walk through and it provides light. You know where it is because there is a ball of light in it.
so-so support
Isn't it weird that palindrome is emordnilap backwards?

DogsRNice

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

sorry im bad at explaining stuff lol it could be used for spotlights because light in minecraft is a sphere and you cant make spotlights
Posted Image

user_1259045

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostDogsRNice, on 23 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

sorry im bad at explaining stuff lol it could be used for spotlights because light in minecraft is a sphere and you cant make spotlights
There we go, that's a lot better. :)
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

Comrade_Dispenser
  • Minecraft: Comrade_Derp

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostTurkybaconyum, on 22 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

I actually understood it... Oh no! I must be an alien!
Yeah... he's really not hard to understand... at all.

basically he wants an invisible non-solid block that you can place in creative to light your creations without a visible light source.
Posted Image

DogsRNice

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostComrade_Dispenser, on 23 November 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yeah... he's really not hard to understand... at all.

basically he wants an invisible non-solid block that you can place in creative to light your creations without a visible light source.
yes
Posted Image

TheFallingOne

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostDogsRNice, on 23 November 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

yes

http://www.minecraft...ore-lights-v03/

This mod seems interesting, especially the glowing glass and ceiling lamp for what you said before, though ,you will need to persuade the mod maker to update it as it is still in 1.2.5.

Hop this helps! Posted Image

irongolem0123
  • Minecraft: irongolem0123

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

once i got some kind of glitch that makes invisible light blocks. so i was running a snapshot for minecraft 1.4 and made a beacon. after that i uninstalled the snapshot and when i looked at where the beacon was placed, there was light but no beacon. when i placed a block on it, the light stopped. so yeah thats one way to get it. and this happened long before minecraft 1.4.2 was released
Posted Image

Ouatcheur
    Ouatcheur

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Here is my take on this:

A block called "light". Gives off light level 15.

In creative, it looks like a small white cube in the center of it's block space. Makes for easy manipulation and map working. In other game modes, it is totally invisible and you can't "break" it at all, but any entity (players, etc.) can move through it without any problem at all. For all intents and purposes, this seems like an "indestructible air block that emits light around it and that water refuses to go through and where you can't place any other block at all".

No choice about those limitations, since you want to solve this as a block, then it must "occupy" it's block volume.

The only other option would be to make in into an entity, visible and interactible with in Creative, intangible and invisible in other modes. That is a better option IMHO for it would make ONLY the light and not allow player to "guess" where it is because of other blocks that couldn't exist in the space where the "light" is centered.

eelyort
    eelyort

Carpenter

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I support, it's not that hard to understand. He says torches don't work to well on adventure maps lets make an invisible and intangible block that u can see in creative mode but not in survival, would really help in Adventure maps
Posted Image

Walt_Disney_II
  • Minecraft: zanderboycherry

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

what i got out of it!

"a place-able light sorce that is not detectable while being in survival mode, emits light, and has the ability for you to walk through it"

honestly, i really like the idea of an invisable light sorce but there has to be a better whay of detecting it than being in creative. How about it has a transparency of 0.1. sorta like a very see through glowstone block but has a consistant texture! should only be acceseable in creative through the decorations and or misc tab! i belive that comand blocks should be in the redstone task but back to topic.
i love the idea, just make it a little less vaugh and put some pics in it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

joefoggie
    joefoggie

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1205 posts
  • Minecraft: joefoggie

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

I support!
Posted Image

TheChromiumSlime