• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

FTB or Tekkit

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: FTB or Tekkit? (153 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

1. Tekkit (28 votes [18.30%])

Percentage of vote: 18.30%

2. Feed the Beast (125 votes [81.70%])

Percentage of vote: 81.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I don't know anything about either, but having the backing of the mod makers is an automatic win for Feed the Beast, and it's even better that they want to actually keep up with newer versions of Minecraft.
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

Register or log in to remove.

Don_Is
    Don_Is

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Where does all the "FTB has no RP or EE" come from .. it most certainly do have both mods - just not in the standard beta mod pack.

Load up the Classic FTB Modpack designed for the pyramid skyblock challenge, and make your own world there.

Voila - Minecraft 1.2.5 with EE2 and RP2 and a lot of other stuff.

Not far from getting RP2 for 1.4.5 - once Eloraam has gotten of the workload from her new job, wich ofc should be her highest priority.
And once that is out, FTB launcher will have a full suite of Mod packs made for 1.4.5.

0NightHawk0
  • Minecraft: 0NightHawk0

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostDon_Is, on 02 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Load up the Classic FTB Modpack designed for the pyramid skyblock challenge, and make your own world there.

Voila - Minecraft 1.2.5 with EE2 and RP2 and a lot of other stuff.

This alone should be enough reason to like FTB, not only does it have modder's consent and support, it actually gives you the choice to use the old 1.2.5 version which clearly has EE and RP.

Not to mention that you can add in other mods and mix around with them with just a couple of clicks with the mouse. The launcher makes it all easier for you so if you're missing a particular mod, you can always simply add it.
Posted Image

miezebieze
  • Minecraft: miezebieze

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostBucephalusBB, on 23 November 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

[...] I can easilly go without industrial craft as after you made all the machines possible, it kinda becomes boring. I can no longer go without redpower though. I would even prefer redpower alone over FTB.
Ever tried GregTech? It's an addon for IC2 and essentially pushes the machines to a higher tier. For example you need 3 Diamonds for the Macerator, or 8 Iridum ore for the new Matter Fabricator, which replaces the Massfab and needs much more energy for producing Matter. It's kind of fun, to not have access to all that kind of stuff since at the very beginning.

View PostAznaktaX, on 23 November 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

The entire poll is pointless and unfair!

Tekkit still uses Minecraft 1.2.5 while FTB uses 1.4.*

I vote for no one!
I don't know; considering FTB is still in beta...

Epik
    Epik

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1171 posts
  • Minecraft: theEPiK1
  • Xbox:techiepad

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

FTB Modpack, as it is supported by all the mod makers, is legal, isn't as glitchy as tekkit and is in 1.4.* (And the mods get constantly updates, unlike tekkit where the mods stay at that version forever)

Lunarknight32

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

In terms of tekkit players vs FTB players, (excluding whiny kids/noobs) both want the same thing in the end: to play a modpack that has epic mods that install everything for you. But what I don't like is creators of tekkit who distribute mods without asking.

I like how FTB is on 1.4.2/1.4.5 and it has forestry/smp Thaumcraft (some of my fav mods). Yeah, tekkit has red power and (in my opinion) OP EE2, but RP2 is very close to release for 1.4.5 (slowpoke's stream).

rokstaGmatt
  • Minecraft: rokstaGmatt
  • Xbox:rokstaGmatt

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

i like feed the beast for many reasons; One becuase it has Mystcraft (or whatever) in it, it also is better for getting and using power as in it is easier and you have more variety. so yeah

DriftinFool

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I am playing Tekkit atm until all the mods are ready for FTB. I think I will stick solely with FTB once RP2 is added for the simple fact, that every mod maker in there is on the Pahicraft server together. They all are working together and playing together. The compatibility of all the mod items will be a non issue since all of them are actually playing together and when something doesn't work, they are all their to fix it. I think this will be the 1st major modpack that has 100% support of the mod authors, not as individuals, but as a cohesive group. If you have been watching Direwolf20's newest SMP lets play, you will constantly see the bugs between mods that pop up and how they work together to fix them. Not only does each author have their own skills, but they have the collective brain power, coding, and design as a group which will make each and every mod better. I am looking forward to having no compatibility issues and probably the least bugs ever in a mod because of this.
I honestly believe with all the mod author support and the love of the Minecraft community will make FTB the model for future mod packs.

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13164 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

FTB, because it is actually LEGAL.

TEF IS MY GOD

mrhman74
    mrhman74

Tree Puncher

• Members