• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Sit Function!

sitting

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Minecraft Have a Sit Function? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Minecraft Have a Sit Function?

1. Yes! I've always wanted to sit down with my friends but every time it looked rediculous! (75 votes [93.75%])

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

2. No! This is a dumb idea and I've always liked the look of people shifting to sit! (5 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Should Minecraft have chairs instead of being able to sit anywhere?

1. Yes, being able to sit anywhere might be a little too glitchy, so we should stick to having a specific place to sit. (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. No, there's no point in adding chairs to lessen the need of creativity among builders. (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. Yes and no, there should be chairs, but you could be allowed to sit anywhere. (13 votes [68.42%])

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

What should happen when you're sitting down / in a chair?

1. You should replenish your hunger bar when sitting down. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. You should replenish your hunger bar when sitting down, but only when sitting in a chair (0 votes [0.00%])

3. You should regenerate health when sititng down. (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. You should regenerate health when sititng down, but only when sitting in a chair. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. There shouldn't be any effects when sitting down at all. You wouldn't deplete your hunger while sitting though, like when in a boat or standing still (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

WizardBuddy2
  • Minecraft: WizardBuddy2

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

View Postbeta00beta, on 25 November 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Crouching exists because it has a purpose (to be hidden).
Lying down exists because it has a purpose (to sleep).

Now what purpose does sitting have, eh? Or do you just want to add it because you want to generate some kind of constructive feeling in yourself through this post; because all you've done is suggest another totally useless thing that this game doesn't need.
Okay, bro, I admit it isn't the most useful thing in the world, but a lot of people think this would be cool. It has the purpose of more essence to Minecraft, and there could be a purpose somebody could come up with, I just can't right now.
Posted Image
Enderpearls need more uses! Go to http://www.minecraft...591-ender-dust/ to fix that!

Register or log in to remove.

Brinjal66
  • Minecraft: Brinjal66

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Double tap w and you sprint. Maybe double tap shift to sit?
Posted Image

WizardBuddy2

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostBrinjal66, on 25 November 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Double tap w and you sprint. Maybe double tap shift to sit?
That would be a nice control.
Posted Image
Enderpearls need more uses! Go to http://www.minecraft...591-ender-dust/ to fix that!

OMGZOMBIE

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

View Postbeta00beta, on 25 November 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

It would be adding to the list of endless redundant things in this game.

"If we have sitting, why not just implement lying down, crouching, tip-toeing, despite having no purpose we might as well because we can"
Just because you don't like something other people may. He is not enforcing you to use it and if it got added to the game(i doubt it) it would have minimal impact on the game. Stop hating on threads for the lolz

lordfirefox

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm endorsing this one because I've wanted it for ages. Especially when they said they would add more furniture items but haven't yet. Believe it or not people like to RP in Minecraft and a small detail like this makes it more interesting.
Posted Image [SSSS]

Staonopao
  • Minecraft: staonopao

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Support, both chairs, tables and sitting :) .
Read this before suggesting a new mob! For really, do it!
I support gas pockets in MC (see thread in Suggestions)!

Kingofsea11

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

They should add a button in the controls for sit, and press it again to stand up again. I don't mind them adding furniture like chairs and tables. And of course you can change the control for sit in the control menu. Im pretty sure there are mods for sitting though.

KostyaKor
  • Minecraft: KostyaKZ

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yes, I always wanted an ability to sit. Of course, I know that it is not really important for Mojang but still it would add more fun to the gameplay.

EndermanReviews
  • Minecraft: InsaneRandomness

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

would be a nice little feature. support.
You play League of Legends? Watch and subscribe!

Rufus
    Rufus

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2231 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I can get behind this idea. It would have absolutely no negative impact on the game and be completely optional so people that don't want to sit down wouldn't have to. It would be great for RP'ers and people doing youtube vids; I'd love to be able to introduce an episode while sat behind a desk, or be able to sit round a table with other players to discuss what we are going to do next.
Posted Image

pinballboy7
  • Location: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
  • Minecraft: pinballboy7

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Now what purpose does sitting have, eh? Or do you just want to add it because you want to generate some kind of constructive feeling in yourself through this post; because all you've done is suggest another totally useless thing that this game doesn't need.

Some people enjoy aesthetics. Not everyone thinks everything that lacks a purpose should be weeded out.
Posted Image

View PostHMANCRAFTER, on 17 January 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no...

WizardBuddy2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I'm some-what surprised most people liked my idea. Many people have different ideas of how this would work, but yeah. Feel free to give me feedback on how I could improve my post.
Posted Image

JoelAutobot10
  • Minecraft: JoelAutobot12

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I like this idea! I've before made a perfect house except for one thing. I had made a stair chair and everytime I sat on it I looked really dumb! I support this idea and I hope it gets added to minecraft as soon as possible, so I can have a perfect house.
Posted Image

Siilvyr
    Siilvyr

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Minecraft: AlyBlake

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I like this. I feel like this would be useful and could maybe restore energy (hearts) or something? But very very slowly.

Ric_Adbur
  • Minecraft: Ric_Adbur

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yeah, it would be nice if there was an actual way to sit on things.
Posted Image

WizardBuddy2

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postalyblake1122, on 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I like this. I feel like this would be useful and could maybe restore energy (hearts) or something? But very very slowly.
Like regeneration 1 or something? Yeah that would be nice!
Posted Image

Essy5000
  • Minecraft: SonicFan298
  • Xbox:Don't have one

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostJoelAutobot10, on 03 December 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

I like this idea! I've before made a perfect house except for one thing. I had made a stair chair and everytime I sat on it I looked really dumb! I support this idea and I hope it gets added to minecraft as soon as possible, so I can have a perfect house.
I agree I hate it that you can't sit in minecraft it's just looks stupid pressing shift does so I hope this is added ASAP!

Oh and 1 more thing a merry christmas to everybody:)!
Posted Image

Drago9889
  • Minecraft: Drago9889

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Support. Chairs could be designed creatively by the players themselves.

Type more, I command you to!

IronwillNeo

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

lol, so, everything "useless" should not exist or be removed?

then . .  why would we have many types of bricks, stones, wool, lights, torches . . . everything would be removed and all you would need are te basic resources (ores, stone, cobblestones, wood, planks, seeds, water and lava . . .  why would you need leaves anyway???).

lol, to sit would be nice, I also would like if they add wool slab and wool stair so I could make better chairs/sofas and other colored details. thinking about sofas and chairs, signs could have colors depending on the material used (what kind of wood or maybe even making a stone sign or iron sign . . . )
Adept of Little Washu, because no one build great stuff like the greatest genius of the universe
LINKS TO MY BUILDS: http://www.minecraft...nithou-kingdom/

Billyweyman

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I think this is just pointless.