Wraldpyk
    Wraldpyk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Minecraft: Wraldpyk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Alright here is the situation.

I recently started messing around with superflat presets. A preset already in minecraft is the Tunnelers dream. I LOVE it. But, I've got a slight problem.

The landscape is alright, but I cannot find any ores until I'm at y=128 (or something like that). Why is there no coal/iron ore above it? And is this fixable?

Is it because of the higher limit since a couple of versions?
Playing since November 2010

Register or log in to remove.

Phycozz
    Phycozz

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2248 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

I don't think ores are coded to spawn that high.
Posted Image

IronMagus

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Unless the rules have changed, or are different for these new superflat worlds than they are for default, coal doesn't spawn above 128 and iron doesn't spawn above level 63, I think it is.  How deep is the tunneler's dream preset?
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

Wraldpyk
    Wraldpyk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Minecraft: Wraldpyk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Ground level is 235 in this preset.

So they will not appear above 128/63 etc. Alright, seems fair. But is there a way to change it?
Playing since November 2010

kevs1999
    kevs1999

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

To change it when you make the preset and see the bar on top delete the number 230 and right however high you want it to be, i think 80 is a reasonable number

StormTiberius

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

I made a mod that creates a 256 high cave dimension and faced a similar dilemma on how the ores should spawn, it is not much use to have 256 high cave system if all you do is mine the diamond layer so i am thinking that ores and such should not be Y limited.
Posted Image