• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Someone is making a petition to use Medical War money for genetic engineering of Cat Girls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

Dinh AaronMk
  • Minecraft: The_Taunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

These people obviously don't have enough pussy in their life.

Posted Image

And they think they need more?

Register or log in to remove.

TheEvanCat
  • Minecraft: TheEvanCat
  • Xbox:TheEvanCat
  • PSN:TheEvanCat

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Someone's been watching too much anime.

Posted Image

Don't judge me because I'm fabulous.

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts
  • Minecraft: mega245

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postrist_violin, on 21 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

You think the selling of domestic animals is wrong?

Get me out of here, I need to punch someone.
people are basically selling lives. that's wrong. that's why i'd rather adopt an animal that ­ing pay for one. that's retarded, i'm not going to PAY for a life. lives are priceless, and it's even more wrong to sell ones that have no control over their life like the animals we're selling now. it   es me off how we sell other living beings for green ­ing cotton.

Posted Image

Montopolis
  • Minecraft: Montopolis

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

About as pointless as the drug war.

View Postnintyboy245, on 21 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

people are basically selling lives. that's wrong. that's why i'd rather adopt an animal that ­ing pay for one. that's retarded, i'm not going to PAY for a life. lives are priceless, and it's even more wrong to sell ones that have no control over their life like the animals we're selling now. it   es me off how we sell other living beings for green ­ing cotton.
You kill things every single day. You consume the products of exterminated lives. It is how the world works.

View PostKorhonen, on 20 March 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

I don't want to control America. I'm quitting, find someone else to lead your country.

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostMontopolis, on 21 November 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

About as pointless as the drug war.

You kill things every single day. You consume the products of exterminated lives. It is how the world works.
yeah, to live. we need meat and veggies to live. but when i eat meat i don't eat a whole banquet of it. but i mean the killing of animals for their skin and such is wrong. do you really want clothes that badly? killing for meat i think is fine, cause it's natural. but selling living things that are still ALIVE is also wrong.

Posted Image

AramilTheElf
  • Minecraft: AramilTheElf

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

View Postnintyboy245, on 21 November 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

yeah, to live. we need meat and veggies to live. but when i eat meat i don't eat a whole banquet of it. but i mean the killing of animals for their skin and such is wrong. do you really want clothes that badly? killing for meat i think is fine, cause it's natural. but selling living things that are still ALIVE is also wrong.

Just because something is natural does not mean it is inherently good or bad.

Also, why is it wrong? Why is it wrong to sell living animals?

Posted Image

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostAramilTheElf, on 21 November 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Just because something is natural does not mean it is inherently good or bad.

Also, why is it wrong? Why is it wrong to sell living animals?
... i just... i don't wanna argue with this... i really don't...
read what you just posted, THAT'S what's wrong. you're selling living things. ok, you're at a pet store, and you see a mother cat/dog/hamster/whatever animal, you think one looks cute. so you fish out about 50 dollars to get one, and you take the kitten/puppy/hamster/whatever animal from it's mother forever. do you not see anything wrong with this? animals have feelings too you know. i think they'd be really sad about having their children taken away. would you like it if you were a mother that just had her child taken away? i think not. you want me to sell you to someone you have no idea who they are? i think not.

Posted Image

AramilTheElf

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postnintyboy245, on 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

read what you just posted, THAT'S what's wrong. you're selling living things. ok, you're at a pet store, and you see a mother cat/dog/hamster/whatever animal, you think one looks cute. so you fish out about 50 dollars to get one, and you take the kitten/puppy/hamster/whatever animal from it's mother forever. do you not see anything wrong with this? animals have feelings too you know. i think they'd be really sad about having their children taken away. would you like it if you were a mother that just had her child taken away? i think not. you want me to sell you to someone you have no idea who they are? i think not.

Yes, I believe it's wrong to take a mother/child away from each other - that causes the animal extreme emotional distress. But that wasn't what I was asking about. I honestly don't see the difference between adopting an animal and buying one - the animal doesn't know the difference, in any case. It doesn't hurt the animal at all.

Posted Image

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostAramilTheElf, on 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Yes, I believe it's wrong to take a mother/child away from each other - that causes the animal extreme emotional distress. But that wasn't what I was asking about. I honestly don't see the difference between adopting an animal and buying one - the animal doesn't know the difference, in any case. It doesn't hurt the animal at all.
I still think adopting isn't AS bad. it's still very bad. but the fact that you're SELLING the animal is worse than adopting it. both are just as bad though.

Posted Image

AramilTheElf

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postnintyboy245, on 22 November 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

I still think adopting isn't AS bad. it's still very bad. but the fact that you're SELLING the animal is worse than adopting it. both are just as bad though.

Why though? Simply because you say something is bad doesn't make it so. In 99% of cases, a home is infinitely better for a bet than a pet store, a pound, or an orphanage.

Posted Image

Thefluffyraptor4
  • Minecraft: poopball77

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

What the heck?

Japanese anime is turning real? Someone club me.
Posted Image
Click if you can :P

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostAramilTheElf, on 22 November 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

Why though? Simply because you say something is bad doesn't make it so. In 99% of cases, a home is infinitely better for a bet than a pet store, a pound, or an orphanage.
exactly. the keeping of those animals in those horrid places is wrong. that's why if you didn't sell them, they wouldn't be in those hell holes. it IS better for them to be in a home than a store with a bunch of unknown people walking in everyday, staring them straight into the eyes, and screwing with their instincts. i also hate that since we're selling them, lots of people think of these poor animals as another thing they can buy, which is also why Animal Abuse is here, because the people who do it think "I bought 'it' so i can do whatever the hell i want to the thing" i'd rather them be in the wild and survive by their instincts than to be taken in by people who just want green cotton that people call "currency" and use them to gather it. if i met a stray animal and it came to me and let me pet it and such, maybe i would take it in after a while, when it got used to me. not kidnap it and sell it for that cool green cotton stuff that people call money.

Posted Image

Thefluffyraptor4

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Postnintyboy245, on 22 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

exactly. the keeping of those animals in those horrid places is wrong. that's why if you didn't sell them, they wouldn't be in those hell holes. it IS better for them to be in a home than a store with a bunch of unknown people walking in everyday, staring them straight into the eyes, and screwing with their instincts. i also hate that since we're selling them, lots of people think of these poor animals as another thing they can buy, which is also why Animal Abuse is here, because the people who do it think "I bought 'it' so i can do whatever the hell i want to the thing" i'd rather them be in the wild and survive by their instincts than to be taken in by people who just want green cotton that people call "currency" and use them to gather it. if i met a stray animal and it came to me and let me pet it and such, maybe i would take it in after a while, when it got used to me.

And pet shops which sell dogs get their puppies from puppy mills.

ON-TOPIC: What if the cat girls rebel on us?
Posted Image

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostThefluffyraptor4, on 22 November 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

And pet shops which sell dogs get their puppies from puppy mills.

Which is yet another reason than the idea of pure slavery, that it's bad to make them housekeepers. :P
Have the agility of a cat, really fast reflaxes... smarts of a human... dang sure we'd lose. :P

Posted Image

AramilTheElf

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

exactly. the keeping of those animals in those horrid places is wrong. that's why if you didn't sell them, they wouldn't be in those hell holes. it IS better for them to be in a home than a store with a bunch of unknown people walking in everyday, staring them straight into the eyes, and screwing with their instincts.

You do realize that the only reasons that those exist is because of the profit they receive from selling the animals? That the animals would be homeless or not born in the first place without them?

i also hate that since we're selling them, lots of people think of these poor animals as another thing they can buy, which is also why Animal Abuse is here, because the people who do it think "I bought 'it' so i can do whatever the hell i want to the thing" i'd rather them be in the wild and survive by their instincts than to be taken in by people who just want green cotton that people call "currency" and use them to gather it. if i met a stray animal and it came to me and let me pet it and such, maybe i would take it in after a while, when it got used to me. not kidnap it and sell it for that cool green cotton stuff that people call money.

I don't think your psychological assesment there is correct, and even if it is, that does not mean that selling the animals is wrong, but rather people take advantage of it.

Also the vast majority of domesticated animals would die a slow, painful death by starvation in the wild. It is definitely not superior to pounds and stores.

Posted Image

Thefluffyraptor4

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

And we'll become slaves.

And if their intelligence becomes advanced, more animal species will become extinct.

Humans already caused a lot of destruction.
Posted Image

SteevyT
    SteevyT

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8206 posts
  • Minecraft: SteevyT

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

The only response I have to what I have read.

Dafuq?
My list of parts has gotten too long to post, so just go here if you want to see my computer.
http://pcpartpicker....evyT/saved/21PI

ReaperT
    ReaperT

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Minecraft: ReaperT

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostThefluffyraptor4, on 22 November 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Release the hounds!

But seriously, I don't think we need to worry about that. Unless this thing gets a sudden boost in popularity, it's not gonna get enough signatures in time.
Posted Image

Thefluffyraptor4

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Indeed.

If it does happen, I don't think that Obama will approve.

And why cats in the first place?
Posted Image

Ralath0n
    Ralath0n

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

View Postnintyboy245, on 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Welcome to the Politics, Philosophy, News and society subforum. Arguing about moral questions of this nature is pretty common here and people are educated enough to recognize unbased arguments playing on the emotions.

Anyway, the original petition seems like a sarcastic criticism on the effectiveness of the war on drugs. The aim is not to genetically engineer cat girls but to show discontent and draw a parallel to another branch of research that in his eyes is equally wasted.

And what's wrong with selling lives? They're animals, not human beings. They cannot comprehend what money is, much less freedom. A cat is a cat, not a human who can't talk.
“Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead.”
       - Thomas Paine.