• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dragon530698

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Okay, so I don't know what happened, but after something like months I re-downloaded minecraft on my PC to play with a friend. When I opened, I got stuck on done loading screen. I started it with admin, and it got past the done loading, but instead was stuck in a black screen. I deleted and re-downloaded the appdata .minecraft paste, but with no success, still got the same issue. Tryed to uninstall java and download the latest version, still nothing. Then, I used a .bat minecraft error test that someone programmed, and it told me that the error Minecraft is getting is the one on the title: "Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.Minecraft".

I would love to get help, and since most of you guys are always friendly and helpfull, I would love some of that help.
Sorry if I posted in a wrong way or something, first time posting here, and I'm not american/live in a country that speaks english, though I'm very confident of my english.

Register or log in to remove.

Dragon530698

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Bump.

nickolas360
  • Minecraft: nickolas360

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I haven't seen that before, but you could try re-downloading the Minecraft launcher itself, and trying to play on minecraft.net.

Posted Image

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

What OS are you using?  Are you running any mods or using any second party launchers?

When you redownloaded Minecraft did you use an old launcher or download a new one off minecraft.net?
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

Dragon530698

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

View Postnickolas360, on 23 November 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

I haven't seen that before, but you could try re-downloading the Minecraft launcher itself, and trying to play on minecraft.net.
I already tryed that, and when I try to play on minecraft.net, it either won't load or it would stay on a white screen.

View Postrodabon, on 23 November 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

What OS are you using?  Are you running any mods or using any second party launchers?

When you redownloaded Minecraft did you use an old launcher or download a new one off minecraft.net?
I'm using windows 7. I'm not running any mods and no second party launchers, other than some failed tries on .bat archives.
I redownloaded the new Minecraft launcher off minecraft.net.
Also, Windows 7 is 64 bit, and I've installed mods for minecraft before it was "broke"

Dragon530698

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Bump.

Dragon530698

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

I guess I'll be bumping again. No one's responding and I really want to play minecraft :c

Hidinginthelight

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Post the results that the error logger gave you back here in this thread.

The full thing.
Error logger is here: http://www.minecraft...aft-error-test/

Dragon530698

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostHidinginthelight, on 26 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Post the results that the error logger gave you back here in this thread.

The full thing.
Error logger is here: http://www.minecraft...aft-error-test/
Spoiler:

There you go.

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4895 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

userprofile: C:\Users\João Pedro

I'm not sure, but I wonder if "ã" is causing a problem with Minecraft accessing your appdata folder...

Dragon530698

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postgerbil, on 26 November 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'm not sure, but I wonder if "ã" is causing a problem with Minecraft accessing your appdata folder...

Could be it. I changed my name to Dragometh on the profile, but it sems it didn't change. I'm gonna change it right now, and I'll do test it later.

Dragon530698

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Allright. My profile name is different, but the folder name didn't change, and I can't change it by myself. What to do?

Hidinginthelight

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Download MultiMC. And use it to launch minecarft. You can put MultiMC in a folder directly on the c:\ drive, like:

c:\MultiMC\MultiMC.exe

That way it will run fine and will bypass your username.

The other option would be to create a new windows user account, not just rename the current one.

Dragon530698

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostHidinginthelight, on 26 November 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Download MultiMC. And use it to launch minecarft. You can put MultiMC in a folder directly on the c:\ drive, like:

c:\MultiMC\MultiMC.exe

That way it will run fine and will bypass your username.

The other option would be to create a new windows user account, not just rename the current one.

Thank you, it worked!