• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2 - 1.4.4] Custom LAN Mod - LAN At Your Fingertips [ModLoader] [Forge] [Standalone] [Installer Available]

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

CptHunter
  • Minecraft: Xxzistance

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

POPULAR

Custom LAN Port Mod

Or Custom LAN Mod

(since a lot has changed since I released it, it's not just a port anymore.)

What is this?
This mod allows for you to enter a custom port, IP, and MOTD*! I did not stop there. I saw the opportunity to add more features, and I did. Now you can edit almost everything you could edit on a normal, vanilla, server! I also added some basic options to get your LAN feeling a bit more like a real server. It's like starting a server, but with your own Single Player worlds, and with your own Single Player mods.
*Stands for Message Of The Day. Visible under your server name in the servers list.

What are the requirements?
None at all! This mod doesn't need anything to run. Other than Minecraft, of course Posted Image.

How do I install it?
Ah. The infamous question asked by many. Yet, it almost always has the same answer. Follow the steps:
Forge:
  • Download the Forge version of the mod
  • Put it in your coremods folder
  • Profit
Other:
  • Download the mod
  • Backup your minecraft.jar
  • Delete the META-INF folder from your minecraft.jar
  • Extract the mod into your minecraft.jar
  • Profit

How do I use it?
It's very simple. First, go to Options > Multiplayer Options and edit the settings to your liking. After you are satisfied with the settings, go to one of your worlds. Press pause (ESC) and choose Open to LAN. Now, for the IP field, it is strongly recommended to keep it to the default value, unless you know what you are doing. The IP field should be you Local IP ONLY! You will get an error if you try to use your Public IP! In the port field, choose a port of your liking. 25565 is recommended, since it is the default on a real Minecraft server. If you want people outside your internet (Non-LAN) to join your game, port forward the port you entered. You can find more information on how to do that here, just choose your router model and follow the guide. Now, you've come to the final part! Just click Start LAN World, and watch your SinglePlayer world turn into a MultiPlayer Server! Now, if you port forwarded and want other people to join your server, give them your Public IP (you can find it here) followed by a ":" and your port number. For example, 0.0.0.0:25565. If you launched a server and you have a mod installed that adds a block or an item, make sure that everyone who joins your server has the same mods, too!

What commands are available?
  • /Back (Teleports you to latest deathpoint)
  • /Broadcast <Message> (Broadcasts a purple colored message to everyone on the server.)
  • /Ban <Player> [reason]
  • /BanIp <IPAddress/Player> [reason] (name of player will be changed to his IP automatically.)
  • /Unban <Player>
  • /UnbanIp <IPAdress>
  • /BanList (lists people who are banned)
  • /Kick <Player> [reason]
  • /Op <Player>
  • /Deop <Player>
  • /Fireball
  • /Lightning
  • /God [OptionalPlayerName]
  • /GetTime (Returns a nice representation of the current world's time)
  • /Hat (Puts whatever item in your hand as a helmet!)
  • /Heal [OptionalPlayerName]
  • /PM <Player> <Message>
  • /Save-All
  • /Save-Off
  • /Save-On
  • /Stop
  • /SetHome
  • /SpawnMob <MobName> [X] [Y] [Z]
  • /Home
  • /ViewMOTD (View's server MOTD)
  • /SetWarp <WarppointName>
  • /Warp <WarppointName>
  • /RemoveWarp <WarppointName>
  • /WarpList
  • /Spawn
  • /SetSpawn
  • /Reload
  • And more to come!

Screenshots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Installer (.JAR):
Posted Image

Installer (.EXE):
Posted Image

Mod Spotlight:
Spoiler:

Download V2.2:

Posted Image

Standalone Versions:  (.ZIP)

Older - 1.5.1, 1.4.7/1.4.6, 1.4.5/1.4.4 (Older versions do not get updates)

Posted Image

ModLoader Versions:  (.ZIP)

Posted Image

Forge Versions:  (.JAR)

1.5.2 *!DROP INTO COREMODS FOLDER!*

Posted Image

Installers:

AUTOMATIC JAR INSTALLER  (.JAR  - RECOMMENDED - Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux)

AUTOMATIC EXE INSTALLER (.EXE )

Posted Image

Banner:
Posted Image

Known bugs:
Standalone Version

- IP field accepting wrong IPs fixed

None

Forge Version

- IP field not working correctly fixed

None

ModLoader Version

None

Team:
  • CptHunter - Main Developer
  • RealLan - Op functions on ModLoader and Standalone.
  • Finalclaw - Debugging

Change Log:
Spoiler:

Want to include this in your modpack?
If you want to include my mod in your modpack, please PM me with the information. I would most likely say yes if you ask in a nice and mature way.

Copyright:
This document and mod is Copyright ©(2012) (Aziz Hasanain/CptHunter) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use, as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without an advance written permission or stating the developer and the original topic. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

Please, help me out by donating if you can! Every cent counts Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Version 1.4.5 turns out to be useable in 1.4.4. Added link.
Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Please, if you have any crashes, show the crash log and give me a list of the mods you have. I'll do my utmost best to fix it.
Posted Image

ThatOneGuy81

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

I just installed this, and it works great. Finally my roommate can save Waypoints from Rei's Minimap when he joins. A comment on the MOTD though, it doesn't seem to allow the Entities Radar function to work. Is this a true MOTD, or just a description under the LAN Server?

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostThatOneGuy81, on 21 November 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

I just installed this, and it works great. Finally my roommate can save Waypoints from Rei's Minimap when he joins. A comment on the MOTD though, it doesn't seem to allow the Entities Radar function to work. Is this a true MOTD, or just a description under the LAN Server?
Well that's what a MOTD is, basically, so what exactly do you mean by real MOTD? Another question, is the Entities Radar function built in into Rei's Minimap? If so, I'll look into it and try to fix the bugs. Thank you for the feedback! :)
Posted Image

ThatOneGuy81

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

What I mean by real MOTD is text that appears on screen when you first log in to the server.

Yes, I was speaking about Rei's Minimap entities radar. I know it's not your mod, but I was hoping the MOTD could be used to enable entities and cave mapping on a LAN server. Rei has stated that you need MOTD functionality to set the variables. That mod actually uses what I consider a MOTD. When you open a world, it will display how many waypoints were loaded.

Scendera

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

That's not a true MOTD, that's merely Rei's functionality. However, if you look on the Rei's thread, there's a small MOTD mod that you can install to provide the functionality for enabling radar. For single player/LAN worlds, you want to use the client version.

TheWhiteWolf93

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I have a "crash" when I try to load a world. I have forge installed, but I don't think that it is going to make problems :s, it doesn't crash, it just stop working. :/ (I use 1.4.5)

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostThatOneGuy81, on 21 November 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

What I mean by real MOTD is text that appears on screen when you first log in to the server.

Yes, I was speaking about Rei's Minimap entities radar. I know it's not your mod, but I was hoping the MOTD could be used to enable entities and cave mapping on a LAN server. Rei has stated that you need MOTD functionality to set the variables. That mod actually uses what I consider a MOTD. When you open a world, it will display how many waypoints were loaded.
Oh, I see. Then no, it's not to what you refer as a real MOTD, it is just the description under your server :).

View PostScendera, on 21 November 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

That's not a true MOTD, that's merely Rei's functionality. However, if you look on the Rei's thread, there's a small MOTD mod that you can install to provide the functionality for enabling radar. For single player/LAN worlds, you want to use the client version.
Thank you for the help ^^

View PostTheWhiteWolf93, on 21 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I have a "crash" when I try to load a world. I have forge installed, but I don't think that it is going to make problems :s, it doesn't crash, it just stop working. :/ (I use 1.4.5)
Don't worry, I'm already on my way coding for ModLoader and Forge versions ;)
Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostTheWhiteWolf93, on 21 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Added ModLoader and Forge versions ;). Try them out Posted Image
Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostCptHunter, on 21 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Added ModLoader and Forge versions Posted Image. Try them out Posted Image
Wait, how do you have 1.4.5? Are you using a development version of Forge?
Posted Image

AIRSOFT_NOOB
  • Minecraft: AIRSOFT_NOOB

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Awesome this helps cause my game is still doing the 0.0.0.0:**** thing so this might help!Here take this Posted Image

Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostAIRSOFT_NOOB, on 21 November 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Awesome this helps cause my game is still doing the 0.0.0.0:**** thing so this might help!Here take this Posted Image
Thank you very much, kind sir ^^
Posted Image

lowpro
    lowpro

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

When I updated Minecraft to 1.4.4 (and 1.4.5 now), no one has been able to join my minecraft LAN world. When they try to, it just says connection timed out. Even when we type in the actual IP of the LAN world into the Direct Connection, it still says the same thing. This is unrelated to your mod, but do you have any Idea why? Help would be greatly appreciated... And I love the mod ;)

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postlowpro, on 21 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

When I updated Minecraft to 1.4.4 (and 1.4.5 now), no one has been able to join my minecraft LAN world. When they try to, it just says connection timed out. Even when we type in the actual IP of the LAN world into the Direct Connection, it still says the same thing. This is unrelated to your mod, but do you have any Idea why? Help would be greatly appreciated... And I love the mod Posted Image
Hmm... did you port forward your port? If yes, then your IP might have changed. Go back into your router and double check everything ;).
Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Forge version seems to be a bit unstable. For now, I suggest sticking to the other two versions.
Fixed Posted Image

Edited by CptHunter, 21 November 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

smellburgermeat

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

can you use the standalone and modloader versions with forge?
Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postsmellburgermeat, on 21 November 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

can you use the standalone and modloader versions with forge?
You could, but it would be buggy. No worries, though, Forge version is fixed now ;).
Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

All versions updated. GUI now is a bit more nice, and a couple of small bug fixes.
Posted Image

CptHunter

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

- Added support for OptiFine.
Posted Image