• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Feeling Bored? Try these impossible challenges!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

CIVDCCD
    CIVDCCD

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I know LOTS of people have Ideas pages (Me included) so i decided to create a page with "Impossible" tasks.

Impossible Tasks:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

marshmellow396
  • Minecraft: NOt telling

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Challenges #1 and #2
ACCEPTED

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4841 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

All of these seem fairly easy except for #2. THAT is impossible.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image

Bellaabzug21

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I just beat two, what now kholdstare?
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Epicness1324

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostCIVDCCD, on 21 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

I know LOTS of people have Ideas pages (Me included) so i decided to create a page with "Impossible" tasks.

Impossible Tasks:
Spoiler:
Easy, but very boring and tedious. This won't cure my boredom.

Spoiler:
Theoretically impossible because the wither flies right out of reach, forcing you to use a bow. Once it is at half health, it will gain the arrow shield and fly lower, allowing it to be hit with melee attacks.

Edit: I failed to see that you are allowed a single bow. Still, it is very challenging.  
Spoiler:
Sounds boring and tedious.

Spoiler:
Villages can't spawn in the Tunneler's Dream preset because it is the Extreme Hills biome

Spoiler:
Again, tedious and boring.

Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

marshmellow396
  • Minecraft: NOt telling

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostEpicness1324, on 21 November 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

im pretty sure you can add villages to the tunneler's dream by editing the preset.

lol fail quote

Edited by marshmellow396, 21 November 2012 - 02:12 AM.

sirrockyqo
  • Minecraft: Sirrockyqo
  • Xbox:Sirrockyqo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

If they're impossible, why bother?

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

I still have to beat regular Hardcore before I start messing with extreme challenges. I should have done it a long time ago but between the endless version flux and good old lack of attention span I just haven't got around to ooh I wonder if there's anything cool on DeviantArt today?
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4841 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostBellaabzug21, on 21 November 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

I just beat two, what now kholdstare?

Hahaha, surely you jest. You cannot simply "beat" a gear check like the Wither without enchanted diamond armor.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostEpicness1324, on 21 November 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Villages can't spawn in the Tunneler's Dream preset because it is the Extreme Hills biome
Is that the reason!  I thought it was due to altitude, but biome makes so much more sense.

CIVDCCD
    CIVDCCD

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostKholdstare, on 21 November 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

Hahaha, surely you jest. You cannot simply "beat" a gear check like the Wither without enchanted diamond armor.
Nope it is possible.

AshvaleStaff

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

I like the idea of only being able to shelter in villages, I might try it some time.

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4841 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostCIVDCCD, on 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Nope it is possible.

As I said; you CANNOT beat a gear check with inferior equipment. It's in the definition. You WILL NOT survive if you don't have enchanted diamond armor, especially in the open. That's it. No exceptions. You will get annihilated and you cannot save yourself from being annihilated. I don't care if you're the best Minecrafter to walk the earth; you won't be slaying that fool.

(Unless you're a d*** and use anvils, because he said nothing about anvils.)

BrokenPsychics

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Challenge 3?
So you can kill the blazes and just simply run away from Wither Skeletons? That won't be lethal.
BrokenPsychics. BrokenForuming. BrokenEverything

Terminator1337

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Another possible idea is to completely replace all the lava in the Nether with water with a max of only 3 buckets and you can't use blocks.
Posted Image

Dragon
    Dragon

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5045 posts
  • Minecraft: coolnilk/berachi
  • Xbox:None yet.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

This is plain impossibe...

Posted Image

Ninjawes

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostTerminator1337, on 22 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

Another possible idea is to completely replace all the lava in the Nether with water with a max of only 3 buckets and you can't use blocks.
You cant place water in the nether.

OP: I think I'll pass on these. Not my definition of "fun".

AshvaleStaff

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostTerminator1337, on 22 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

Something like this is just a lot more monotonous than skillful and challenging, not to mention the nether generates infinitely so you can't exactly 'fill' the nether with water. Not taking into account the fact you can't use water buckets in the nether ;')

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Spawn the wither above ground and beat it with NO diamond OR swords (Axes are your friends) and ONLY one bow. NO enchants.
To make it harder, do it at night.

Challenge Accepted. Video coming soon, if all goes well.

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yep, beat it fairly easily under your imposed requirements. Video coming as soon as I make a youtube channel and upload it. So in a while.