• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Magma Cream drops

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Trollz0rgolem

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

After updating to 1.4.5 and spending some time in the Nether I noticed something. I've gotten 2-3 magma cream drops per one huge magma cube. Before updating i had never gotten any magma cream other than crafting it with slimeballs and blaze powder.

Also, Magma cube spawn rate seems to be increased, because today I saw many magma cubes in the nether, way more than before the update.

Any thoughts?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

IronMagus

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Random blaze spawns (that don't come from a blaze spawner) seem to have been increased, too.  I hadn't noticed the bit about magma cream (or the cubes, even) but that's good to know :)
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

VoGon
    VoGon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Well, I noticed it too, but I thought it was due to my looting sword...

anziliero
  • Minecraft: anziliero

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

I did not realise it at all.
Never had luck with magma cubes.
Spoiler: Challenges

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think the Nether has become more hellish, in a goodish way.

Posted Image

Trollz0rgolem

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostIronMagus, on 20 November 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Random blaze spawns (that don't come from a blaze spawner) seem to have been increased, too.  I hadn't noticed the bit about magma cream (or the cubes, even) but that's good to know Posted Image

I noticed the random blaze spawns in 1.4.4 too, 3-4 even 5 blazes in a group far away from the spawner. Seems like the spawn rate of every mob in the nether has increased, even the pigmen and wither skeletons, because today i killed 4 wither skeletons within a minute or so.
Posted Image

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Undocumented changes in the patches now? Can't say I approve if that turns out to be true. Secrets and lies, seriously!
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."