• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[CTM] [Collection] The Lonely Lands by isaac_bardin [1.4.5]

ctm series collection death mobs complete the monument vechs lets play the lonely lands

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

isaac_bardin
  • Minecraft: idb79

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostAimoskeeto, on 29 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

"A Light In The Darkness" sounds like a very forgiving last area... or is it?

Whichever map comes first, I'm still damn excited Posted Image
A Light in the Darkness... think about that name a minute.

It means that there is one light...

and everything else is in the dark. <:-D

But honestly, the map overall is going to be difficult. It's not going to get that much harder over the span of the map, it's going to start out hard. The last area is going to be very big, not hard. It'll probably be as hard as like the blue wool, but will have red and black wools. It's going to be a huge, epic area, and it's going to be very long because I want the players to feel like they've really defeated something after they get the Red and Black wools.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Torien
    Torien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Wow, that is a fantastic concept for the final area!

Brutal, but fantastic.

Does Fatal Flaw have a Fatal... Floor?
Posted Image

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1896 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Darkbright?

That's like saying Yesno or Updown.

Anyways, I just beast-mode'd my way through I1 and the Tunnel; under half an hour spent and no deaths. :3 Gonna blaze through the Wildwood and then work through I3.

EDIT: Wildwood has been conquered. Moving on to the Arid Lands. First time that I'm playing through an area I haven't explored yet.

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

isaac_bardin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostTorien, on 29 November 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Wow, that is a fantastic concept for the final area!

Brutal, but fantastic.

Does Fatal Flaw have a Fatal... Floor?
Nope. For anyone who's played Kerblahh's maps, I'm taking a little bit of inspiration from him in my naming of this map. Some of the area names are more meant to evoke a feeling and don't really describe the area. It's still going to be an evil area though. :D

View Postdragonsrule9, on 29 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Darkbright?

That's like saying Yesno or Updown.

Anyways, I just beast-mode'd my way through I1 and the Tunnel; under half an hour spent and no deaths. :3 Gonna blaze through the Wildwood and then work through I3.

EDIT: Wildwood has been conquered. Moving on to the Arid Lands. First time that I'm playing through an area I haven't explored yet.
Well, it's called Darkbright for a reason. The area Darkbright Caverns in the map is going to be... well, you'll see. But let's just say it involves redstone lamps and redstone.
Posted Image

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • Minecraft: cameron274

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Fatal Flaw sounds like it'll make hubris be my downfall, Odysseus-style! :D

Also, which area did you get your "sudden idea" for earlier?
Check me out on the YouTubes! I play CTM maps and stuff.
http://www.youtube.c...er/halfpixel274

isaac_bardin

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

View Postcameron274, on 30 November 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Fatal Flaw sounds like it'll make hubris be my downfall, Odysseus-style! Posted Image

Also, which area did you get your "sudden idea" for earlier?
Not tellin'. :3
Posted Image

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • Minecraft: cameron274

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

View Postisaac_bardin, on 30 November 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Not tellin'. :3

I'm guessing it was the gold-stone-pillar thing that inspired one of the final areas. Am I right? :3
Check me out on the YouTubes! I play CTM maps and stuff.
http://www.youtube.c...er/halfpixel274

isaac_bardin

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Nooooooot tellin you cameron! ;3
Posted Image

SuperMineZ
  • Minecraft: swinters48

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Torien
    Torien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Isaac, thank you for not limiting yourself in making a map "youtube friendly"
Darkness is such a fantastic tool, but it's totally overlooked because of video.

Even so, I hope light in the darkness isn't at bedrock level...
Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts
  • Minecraft: Aimoskeeto

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostTorien, on 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Isaac, thank you for not limiting yourself in making a map "youtube friendly"
Darkness is such a fantastic tool, but it's totally overlooked because of video.

Even so, I hope light in the darkness isn't at bedrock level...

Oh god, please don't let it be *that darkness* :(

kingkaider
  • Minecraft: kingkaider

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

:D
Posted Image

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1896 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

A little help, guys?

I've finished all the Intersection 03 areas, and I've found the way to Intersection 04, but I haven't gotten the pink wool yet. ._. I've gotten the wool from the fortress in Arid Lands, from the second room in the Graves area, and from the end of GOMA. But I'm missing the Pink wool. I think I got Lime from Arid Lands, Gray from Graves, and Light Gray from GOMA. I've looked around the first room of Graves, but I didn't find anything. Any hints you guys could give?

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

View Postdragonsrule9, on 30 November 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

A little help, guys?

I've finished all the Intersection 03 areas, and I've found the way to Intersection 04, but I haven't gotten the pink wool yet. ._. I've gotten the wool from the fortress in Arid Lands, from the second room in the Graves area, and from the end of GOMA. But I'm missing the Pink wool. I think I got Lime from Arid Lands, Gray from Graves, and Light Gray from GOMA. I've looked around the first room of Graves, but I didn't find anything. Any hints you guys could give?

Did you

Spoiler:

izakthegoomba
  • Minecraft: izakthegoomba

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Finally got around to downloading this, looks great so far. Looking forward to Darkbright already!
Posted Image
Maps completed: 8/13 - - - Currently raging at: Legendary - - - Next up: Nightmare Realm

isaac_bardin

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

WOOHOO GUIZE! 1,000 DOWNLOADS! Srsly, I am proud of y'all. I have one crappy introduction map released as of now, it's only been released for 10 days, and it already has 1,000 DOWNLOADS. O_O

And the download rate doesn't seem to be slowing-- Humble Beginnings gets about 100 steady downloads per day! So just imagine when I release moar maps... and if a fairly big-name LPer played my maps, like Joehillz or somebody, the download count would go up even more! Anyways, I'm proud of y'all. Keep downloading. :)

And yaaaay, first episode of Kaider's LP! Kaid, I added your LP to the original post under a link in the LPs section. Can't wait to watch you play through this whole map.

And Mr. Goomba is playing me maps? Hope you like them, sir! Keep in mind though that Darkbright Caverns and Lush Skies are going to be quite a bit better than Humble Beginnings, hopefully.
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Minecraft: Draco_Rogue

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postisaac_bardin, on 30 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

WOOHOO GUIZE! 1,000 DOWNLOADS! Srsly, I am proud of y'all. I have one crappy introduction map released as of now, it's only been released for 10 days, and it already has 1,000 DOWNLOADS. O_O

And the download rate doesn't seem to be slowing-- Humble Beginnings gets about 100 steady downloads per day! So just imagine when I release moar maps... and if a fairly big-name LPer played my maps, like Joehillz or somebody, the download count would go up even more! Anyways, I'm proud of y'all. Keep downloading. Posted Image

And yaaaay, first episode of Kaider's LP! Kaid, I added your LP to the original post under a link in the LPs section. Can't wait to watch you play through this whole map.

And Mr. Goomba is playing me maps? Hope you like them, sir! Keep in mind though that Darkbright Caverns and Lush Skies are going to be quite a bit better than Humble Beginnings, hopefully.
Good job bro! Keep up the good work. Also, I can't wait for Darkbright Caverns and Lush Skies.
Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Yay! 1000 downloads! :D (I count for at least 2 of them, love me.)

isaac_bardin

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

I've a large favor to ask of one of you.

Since I play Minecraft and make maps on a crappy old Mac laptop that's super slow, I often have problems with giant operations in MCedit. Recently, my computer has been getting worse and worse with large-scale operations in MCedit, and it's gotten to the point where it takes a couple days just to edit a 1000x1000 area, which is ridiculous.

So, someone who has a fairly not-crappy computer: if you want to do this, please PM me and I'll send you a download to the 2,000x2,000 stone box that is currently Darkbright Caverns. Part of it is dirt, and if you take up this job it involves making the map 5,000x5,000 and replacing the dirt with stone. Not a hard job, but for my derpii computer it is.

Anyways, I'll give you credit in the OP if you do this for me and all. Hopefully somebody will volunteer!
Posted Image

kingkaider
  • Minecraft: kingkaider

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Wait, what do you want Isaac? If you just want a 5000x5000 stone box I can do that in about 20 minutes, if it's something more specific I'll have to let someone else do it...
Posted Image