• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge] Cave-Gen mod 2.27_5 - New World type [New ruins roleplay system,LAN support]

world type cave ruins wasteland zones villages world generator survival apocalypse

• Please log in to reply
735 replies to this topic

123sendodo
    123sendodo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts
  • Minecraft: 123sendodo

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostNakano15, on 25 November 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

I think it worked...Or not...
Posted Image
Well,at least,i have a plan.
First,i put the game on peacefull,then,create a new world,with the bonus chest option on.
With that,i get the newbie items,and then i get enough resource to start surviving on another dificulty.

You don't need bonus chest to survive. To have light, get shards and make then into lanterns. And you can get wood from roots and stone from everywhere.
Also you can try to change to a lighter texture pack. Hope that will help
Check Out My Dragons!

Also check out my about me page. I wanted ppl to know more about me

Register or log in to remove.

123sendodo
    123sendodo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Suggestion: Shards can be placed on walls like walls but they have the 1/4 brightness of a lantern

My progress on the game:
Spoiler:

Check Out My Dragons!

-Reaper-
    -Reaper-

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1315 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostKitteh6660, on 25 November 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

I went to the surface and to my surprise, skeleton and zombies don't burn in the daylight! Besides there are darkness.

It's a challenge to find saplings. And the clouds are covering the surface grounds. Possible to mimic the haze/mist.

Does that mean I would have to go really FAR?
Yes, monsters are supposed to be on surface, the darkness is glitch mentioned in my main post, which unfortunatelly cannot be fixed.

And yes, I like to think about the clouds on the ground as haze or even some toxic gases :)

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

View PostNitrox0, on 25 November 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

everytimed i created a new world with the "cave" world type, i always spawn in a wall, making me died, and after i respawn, i spawn on the surface.

Is this supposed to happend or a bug?

If you would read the main post, section problems, you would know ;)

View PostMQhelper, on 25 November 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

I like mods like these,they are good for exploration!

Thanks! :)

View PostNakano15, on 25 November 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

Uh,hey pal,when i was testing the map on creative,my char spawned on a tar black cave,surrounded by monsters,and made-me thing a thing...
How is supposed to my char survive,if i spawn on a place that haven't the things needed for basic survival,like woods and etc?

First,i put the game on peacefull,then,create a new world,with the bonus chest option on.
With that,i get the newbie items,and then i get enough resource to start surviving on another dificulty.

Don't forget this is cave, it is not supposed to be full bright. Also, everything you need to survive is in the caves.
Also don't forget that the bonus chest will spawn on surface (Again - main post section problems) ;)

View Post123sendodo, on 25 November 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Suggestion: Shards can be placed on walls like walls but they have the 1/4 brightness of a lantern

My progress on the game:
Spoiler:

Probably not, shards are purely items.

And nice progress! Thumbs up! :)
Posted Image

Divine smoker mod - Hookah in Minecraft: http://www.minecraft...ookahshisha-11/

AndreiMolnar

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Sooooo... where do you get your food from? this looks all like a new dimension, but from reading that, I don't know where the food is, can you survive in such a place?
Posted Image  new plants for minecraft!

123sendodo
    123sendodo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostAndreiMolnar, on 25 November 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Sooooo... where do you get your food from? this looks all like a new dimension, but from reading that, I don't know where the food is, can you survive in such a place?

View Post-Reaper-, on 24 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

1) zombies
2) trading with willagers
3) in chests in sheds, dungeons, big dungeons and ruins
4) growing your own after you find seeds

View PostTjokm12345, on 24 November 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

5) Chicken Farms From Eggs Posted Image

View Post-Reaper-, on 24 November 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Yeah, I forgot about that Posted Image

EDIT:

6) Fishing Posted Image

View PostAidantheawsom, on 25 November 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

1) potatoes and carots are both rare drops, so It'll take quite awhile untill a zombie drops one.
2) the only living villagers in the world are in Remote Sheds, which are REALLY hard to find.
3) the only food Ive found in those chests are poison potatoes, which CANT be planted
4) WHAT SEEDS?
5) First of all, there arnt any places in the world were chickens can spawn, and I havent seen any eggs in chests. Besides, eggs only have a
1/8 chance to spawn a chicken

View Post123sendodo, on 25 November 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

1. Rotten flesh have you FORGET it?
2. If you REALLY want better food then find it
3. Then find another one
4. Plantable seeds
5. IDK this one
And you forget no. 6

The anwser is already on the forums.
Check Out My Dragons!

123sendodo
    123sendodo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Also then if combining two shards make 1 cave torch? It gives out 1/4 light of a lantern

Personal Fishing Spot
Spoiler:

Check Out My Dragons!

Manan6619
  • Minecraft: Master_Manan

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Posted Image
Bonus chests are bugged and spawn at the surface. You'll just have to wait until you get up there or be innovative and find a way to get resources.
Posted Image Posted Image
Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a  more realistic-looking animation, check here:
http://www.minecraft...hovel-textures/

123sendodo
    123sendodo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Can you put my YouTube review on the op?

Check Out My Dragons!

ExplosiveMotive
  • Minecraft: ExplosiveMotive

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Love the mod. Maybe you can add a Forge download too? or does it work with forge?

Posted Image

GeneralEagleEye
  • Minecraft: Generaleagleeye

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostExplosiveMotive, on 25 November 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Love the mod. Maybe you can add a Forge download too? or does it work with forge?
If it works for modloader, it works for forge
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Tulaash
    Tulaash

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Location: Just in my TARDIS with my 7 fellow Time Lords/Ladies c:
  • Minecraft: Tulaash

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Here's my mod review!

-Reaper-
    -Reaper-

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1315 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

View Post123sendodo, on 25 November 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Also then if combining two shards make 1 cave torch? It gives out 1/4 light of a lantern

Personal Fishing Spot
Spoiler:

Sorry to disappoint you there, I don't want to add any new blocks or items unless it is necessarry, as many people don't like too much new blocks and items, I even considered removing a few.

View PostManan6619, on 25 November 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Bonus chests are bugged and spawn at the surface. You'll just have to wait until you get up there or be innovative and find a way to get resources.

Exactly. Most difficult are the first steps.

View Post123sendodo, on 25 November 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Can you put my YouTube review on the op?

Sure, thanks for that! :)

View PostGeneralEagleEye, on 25 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

If it works for modloader, it works for forge

Yep. Also, I'm not planning to convert any od my mods to Forge.

View PostTulaash, on 25 November 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Here's my mod review!

Thanks! :)

"Updated by... ummmm... I don't remember his name..." :D
Posted Image

Tulaash
    Tulaash

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Location: Just in my TARDIS with my 7 fellow Time Lords/Ladies c:
  • Minecraft: Tulaash

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

View Post-Reaper-, on 25 November 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Sorry to disappoint you there, I don't want to add any new blocks or items unless it is necessarry, as many people don't like too much new blocks and items, I even considered removing a few.

Exactly. Most difficult are the first steps.

Sure, thanks for that! Posted Image

Yep. Also, I'm not planning to convert any od my mods to Forge.

Thanks! Posted Image

"Updated by... ummmm... I don't remember his name..." Posted Image
Yeah, I forget things fast xD

Pig_catapult

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Oh, also, once you get to making the biomes not perfectly squared-off, perhaps some sort of underground ocean biome? I dunno. It'd be pretty hard to explore, but maybe if there were veins down there or something? Adding an underwater dungeon seems a little repetitive and over the top.

Manan6619

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

._. Is it just me or is all the major criticism coming from people with under 10 posts....
Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a  more realistic-looking animation, check here:

Pig_catapult

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Eh, I've been playing Minecraft for a long time. I just never bothered with the forums because for a long time I had trouble using the login service this forum uses.

-Reaper-
    -Reaper-

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1315 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostPig_catapult, on 26 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Oh, also, once you get to making the biomes not perfectly squared-off, perhaps some sort of underground ocean biome? I dunno. It'd be pretty hard to explore, but maybe if there were veins down there or something? Adding an underwater dungeon seems a little repetitive and over the top.

I would like to add support of biomes, and to be honest, there is only one thing that is stopping me. Especially if some modder who would be able to help me is reading this, please, help. I have problem with forcing my ChunkManager (which is only slightly changes default WorldChunkManager) to use my biomes. I think the problem is somewhere in getBiomesForGeneration and getBiomeGenAt methods.

I found one way to for it use my biomes, but if you wanted to play different world after you finish playing mine, you would need to restart minecraft.

Also, I'm basically done with all stuff I wanted for the new update, but I would like to add some more minor details.

Also, I'm posting poll in a few minutes and I would like to know what you think :)
Posted Image

123sendodo
    123sendodo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I chose Another Idea on the poll-----Barracks, because they need soldiers and weapons to fend off the creeps
Check Out My Dragons!

jivix
    jivix

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Minecraft: jivix

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

I really like the difficulty of this. I was hoping to play this SMP with my friends, which will hopefully come soon (I got tons of errors when I put this into my server).

I decided to play this on Easy and it still turned out to be too difficult to play without dying a few times. Perhaps it was because I spawned incredibly far away from even a hut (which only had metal in it - no food). It wasn't the darkness that made it difficult - it was the combination of having no food AND having wood spawn on the ceiling/walls (I spawned far away from a jungle cave). I had to spend about 90% of my food bar just finding my first logs. Once I had those, I was able to make a hut with a chest so I could die and respawn.

Suggestions:
-I really like the stalagmites and stalagtites, but I think the cave torch should look different. Perhaps it could look like a bundle of sticks placed vertically on the ground, as if you wrapped them together to increase the brightness.

-Spawning with no food could be partially helped by adding a new "cave mushroom" that can be cooked and eaten for 3 food. The Cave Mushroom uncooked will poison (hp) for a few seconds and restore half the food. The cave mushroom could spawn randomly as long as it does not spawn within, say, 30 blocks of another cave mushroom, so it would require exploration to harvest. The initial density could be a bit higher though, for players just starting out or exploring new areas.
Red/brown mushrooms would grow out of control in the darkness of the cave, which would ruin the difficult nature of getting food.

-I noticed something odd about the lighting glitch. I could fix it around lava pits and such by placing a torch and removing it. But if I went out of render distance and came back, the glitch would be back. Perhaps there is some way to simulate placing/removing a light source to fix the glitch? I have played on other generated maps that did not have this issue, but they did also not have the same scale of caves that this mod does.

Comments:
I have been playing on this with Industrialcraft which has been immensely fun. I did notice that the IC2 ores do not spawn like the vanilla ones, but it hasn't been a huge break in the experience.

Fishing is definitely the most effective method early on. Fighting zombies is too tiring and unless you are very lucky you won't find any by searching around. Switch to zombies once you have some equipment and you are tired of fishing, hopefully you will get a potato or carrot alongside the rotten meat.

I really like the atmosphere this mod (and description) creates. I like feeling like the entire world is against me.

Manan6619

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

View Postjivix, on 27 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Suggestions:
-I really like the stalagmites and stalactites but I think the cave torch should look different. Perhaps it could look like a bundle of sticks placed vertically on the ground, as if you wrapped them together to increase the brightness.
I definitely like that idea, it's much more realistic, but, ehh, the stalagmites and stalactites are already weird by glowing and giving glow shards, so I'd put this as a low priority (But still considerable) idea.