Latest News Article

New Dawn (role play)

role play

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

FTWin01Gurl
  • Minecraft: FTWin01Gurl

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I used to program in Bukkit making some various experimentation. If you like a custom chat plugin, feel free to message me and see what I can come up with.

Register or log in to remove.

CupCwake
    CupCwake

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

OOC: (edited)
RP experience: Tons! Even admin/mod on multiple servers.
Why you want to join this server?: Looks fun and I love to rp c:
Skype (if you have one): CupCwakez
Time zone: uhhh Western Canada..?? I forgot..
ign: CupCwakez

Char name: Idalia
Char age: 214 (19 human years)
Char gender: Female
Char race: Nymph/ forest sprite.
Char bio (1 paragraph at least): Idalia was born in the forest. Just a small sprout she yearned to see the outside world, however shy, she spent her days watching others from amongst the trees, learning their odd ways. She still stays hidden amongst the lush forest, wondering what life would be like outside the forest or amongst the surrounding fauns.

There aren't many of her kind in the world. Its rare to find one of the nymphs due to how her species can camouflage into their surrounding forest. Her race isn't particularly violent in anyway, but prefer to stay hidden. Some nymphs play mind tricks on those who spot them, sometimes causing the spotters to become insane. Her kind do like to stick together in groups of 3-4 but have no problem in the company of the surrounding plants, which they can communicate to. The nymphs, being part plant, are born in the soil and grow until their roots detach from the dirt and are able to walk around. They usually stay hidden from the surrounding fauns, kraug, (and other sort) that accompany them in the woods, but there have been some cases where the nymphs venture off and attempt to communicate with the other forest dwellers due to their curious nature. There have been some cases where nymphs have helped lost children find their way out of the woods. The nymphs only have one language and appear mute to alien listeners. Nymphs can usually be found near ponds in the deep woods.

Char appearance (what your char looks like please make a skin or find a skin that looks like your char): Green skin and long green hair. Glowing yellow eyes. Only clothing are some vine.
Did you read the rules? yes  c:  <----- smiley face.

Wretchedrom
  • Minecraft: Wretchedrom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View Postcome718, on 20 November 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

denied: k the reson i denied this app was not because of the race since i like the idea but it is because...
1. back story was way to short (if you whant to make your own race you should at least make a LONG app)
2. you didnt read rules

iam not stoping you from reposting and makeing the changes so please do.

I agree that her bio is to short but she did read the rules, 'c:" Is a smiley face lol.

Posted Image

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

CupCwake
    CupCwake

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostWretchedrom, on 20 November 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

I agree that her bio is to short but she did read the rules, 'c:" Is a smiley face lol.
Aaaaand I re-did it. c:

Wretchedrom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostCupCwake, on 20 November 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

Aaaaand I re-did it. c:

Haha saw that after :)

Posted Image

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

omarthuneibat

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

another night to wait for the light

Posted Image

Wretchedrom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Ikr. Ugh I wanna play so bad.

Posted Image

ilikefooddude
  • Minecraft: ilikefooddude

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

View Postcome718, on 19 November 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

accepted: i found the socks thing slightly strange but i may have over looked a part of your app. any way nice app in generall and its always good to have another kraug.
Haha, a not a literal sock :P. A sock on a dog is a change in colour around their legs, like on this dog:
Posted Image

deadj47
    deadj47

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Minecraft: jarcraw

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

View Postcome718, on 19 November 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

k just got home from school. we would have the server up probably by now but pluggins are being anoying and we are trying to fix them.

denied: prety much basic app but the reson i denied you was because you never answered the "did you read the rules?" section. add this and i will accept you.

any way i g2g we are still working on getting pluggins working and i will hopefully be back in 1 h or so.
Ah, but i still added the code (at the end)

OOC:
RP experience:many (And i mean many) Minecraft RP servers, ones with longer and more strict apps
Why you want to join this server?: I love to RP and i love to try new servers. It's a good way to have a different experience of RP and get to know new people
Skype (if you have one): deadj47
Time zone: South Australia
ign: jarcraw
Did you read the rules?: Yes, yes i did :)

Ic:
Char name: Daler
Char age: 28
Char gender: Male
Char race: Human
Char bio (1 paragraph at least): Daler was born in a battlefield, his mother was killed by a collapsed building while moving to the next safe zone. His father looked after him to the best of his abilities, he taught him how to protect himself, how to throw objects at incoming attackers from range. Soon though, Daler was to be all alone.

While moving through the rubble of his home which he lived in for 16 years, his father was attacked by thieves who had come to the area to find anything to sell. Daler saw his father die and was about to die himself when he used his skills to pick up a kitchen knife and throw with deadly accuracy, he killed the first of the two thieves and used his combat skills and youth to kill the second.

4 years later Daler was attacked by a pack of wolves which ended in the building collapsing on Daler, knocking him unconscious and killing the wolves (due to where everyone was at the time). When Daler woke up he could not remember who he was or the people he knew, all he remembers are the last things that were on his mind; his home, his fighting skills and English. There are things he slightly remembers. For the next 8 years Dalers life has remained a mystery with him only being in the background. He now works as a one man body guard for people who want to travel with light protection

Char appearance (what your char looks like please make a skin or find a skin that looks like your char): Man in a cloak and mask that cover almost his entire body, he bares a scar over his eye fro the collapsed building and he wears gloves.
Posted Image

come718
    come718

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostFTWin01Gurl, on 20 November 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

I used to program in Bukkit making some various experimentation. If you like a custom chat plugin, feel free to message me and see what I can come up with.
we are useing hero chat but it takes a wile to get it to work so we are trying the best we can.

View PostCupCwake, on 20 November 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

OOC: (edited)
RP experience: Tons! Even admin/mod on multiple servers.
Why you want to join this server?: Looks fun and I love to rp c:
Skype (if you have one): CupCwakez
Time zone: uhhh Western Canada..?? I forgot..
ign: CupCwakez

Char name: Idalia
Char age: 214 (19 human years)
Char gender: Female
Char race: Nymph/ forest sprite.
Char bio (1 paragraph at least): Idalia was born in the forest. Just a small sprout she yearned to see the outside world, however shy, she spent her days watching others from amongst the trees, learning their odd ways. She still stays hidden amongst the lush forest, wondering what life would be like outside the forest or amongst the surrounding fauns.

There aren't many of her kind in the world. Its rare to find one of the nymphs due to how her species can camouflage into their surrounding forest. Her race isn't particularly violent in anyway, but prefer to stay hidden. Some nymphs play mind tricks on those who spot them, sometimes causing the spotters to become insane. Her kind do like to stick together in groups of 3-4 but have no problem in the company of the surrounding plants, which they can communicate to. The nymphs, being part plant, are born in the soil and grow until their roots detach from the dirt and are able to walk around. They usually stay hidden from the surrounding fauns, kraug, (and other sort) that accompany them in the woods, but there have been some cases where the nymphs venture off and attempt to communicate with the other forest dwellers due to their curious nature. There have been some cases where nymphs have helped lost children find their way out of the woods. The nymphs only have one language and appear mute to alien listeners. Nymphs can usually be found near ponds in the deep woods.

Char appearance (what your char looks like please make a skin or find a skin that looks like your char): Green skin and long green hair. Glowing yellow eyes. Only clothing are some vine.
Did you read the rules? yes  c:  <----- smiley face.
accepted: much better as long as you dont run around saying you make people insane iam fine with it.

View Postomarthuneibat, on 20 November 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

another night to wait for the light
lol i remember exact same fealing on two servers. one never opened and the other took 6 months but any way XD....

View Postilikefooddude, on 20 November 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

Haha, a not a literal sock Posted Image. A sock on a dog is a change in colour around their legs, like on this dog:
Posted Image
k sorry didnt know that i gess you realy do lern somthing new every day.

View Postdeadj47, on 20 November 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

Ah, but i still added the code (at the end)

OOC:
RP experience:many (And i mean many) Minecraft RP servers, ones with longer and more strict apps
Why you want to join this server?: I love to RP and i love to try new servers. It's a good way to have a different experience of RP and get to know new people
Skype (if you have one): deadj47
Time zone: South Australia
ign: jarcraw
Did you read the rules?: Yes, yes i did Posted Image

Ic:
Char name: Daler
Char age: 28
Char bio (1 paragraph at least): Daler was born in a battlefield, his mother was killed by a collapsed building while moving to the next safe zone. His father looked after him to the best of his abilities, he taught him how to protect himself, how to throw objects at incoming attackers from range. Soon though, Daler was to be all alone.

While moving through the rubble of his home which he lived in for 16 years, his father was attacked by thieves who had come to the area to find anything to sell. Daler saw his father die and was about to die himself when he used his skills to pick up a kitchen knife and throw with deadly accuracy, he killed the first of the two thieves and used his combat skills and youth to kill the second.

4 years later Daler was attacked by a pack of wolves which ended in the building collapsing on Daler, knocking him unconscious and killing the wolves (due to where everyone was at the time). When Daler woke up he could not remember who he was or the people he knew, all he remembers are the last things that were on his mind; his home, his fighting skills and English. There are things he slightly remembers. For the next 8 years Dalers life has remained a mystery with him only being in the background. He now works as a one man body guard for people who want to travel with light protection

Char appearance (what your char looks like please make a skin or find a skin that looks like your char): Man in a cloak and mask that cover almost his entire body, he bares a scar over his eye fro the collapsed building and he wears gloves.
accepted: k good your accepted now.

and finally down to when the server comes up.

as you know we have been runing in to alot of problems but we have finally goten all pluggins besides hero chat working we should finish and get it working tonight. we will try and open the server as soon as we think its posible to rp in it since we know that no one likes waiting.
when the server opens the map will not be full there will in fact only be two places a spawn inn and the templar town. as the server goes on we will build more citys and towns but we dont whant any one waiting any longer then absolutly necasary.

also i will make a app for becomeing the head jailer of the templars and the inn keeper. Both of them get places to live. the inn keeper lives in of cource the large inn at spawn and the head jailer gets to live in his quarters in the templar castle (his qaurters conclude of a office, torture room, and bedroom). all other templar ranks will be given in rp.

come718
    come718

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Inn keeper
Bio on how your char became the innkeeper:
Your experience of rp:
Are you willing to stay at the inn and sell drinks (not for someone who loves adventures but you do get rich):
Can your char remain level headed?:
What would you do if your inn was attacked by bandits?:

Templar head jailer
Bio on how he became head jailer:
Your experience of rp:
Are you willing to keep a firm hand on the jail and never let a prisoner escape you?:
Can your char become hot tempered at times even lashing out at those around him?:
What would you do if there was a prisoner breakout?

breadbaker
  • Minecraft: 4m4

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

My patience level --> under the average (the average is 0)

Im refreshing this site every second.

btw

Baannanananannnananans

ADDB_98
    ADDB_98

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Minecraft: ADDB_98

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Just wondering, will I put up the character bio for my character? And how the Templars were formed?
What is dead may never die, but rises again, stronger and harder.

omarthuneibat

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postbreadbaker, on 20 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

My patience level --> under the average (the average is 0)

Im refreshing this site every second.

btw

Baannanananannnananans
good sir mine is below average too
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
I say...
i love bananas

Posted Image

ADDB_98
    ADDB_98

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Minecraft: ADDB_98

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Char name: Arthen Faramon
Char age: 35
Char bio (1 paragraph at least):
Arthen grew up in the largest Human city.  He had no other siblings as his mother couldn't stand the pain of Childbirth. His father was one of the High Priests at the nearby Temple of Kaniir. Each time a sermon was held, Arthen would attend.  WHen Arthen was twelve he used to watch the Temple Guard practice. The Guard Captain noticed this and asked if he would like to learn how to wield a sword. Eagerly Arthen agreed and learned how to wield a Sword.When Arthen was sixteen, his father decided to go out on a missionary mission to try spread the word of Kaniir . Arthen begged his father to let him come with him and eventually his father gave in. Arthen, his father a small portion of the Temple Guard set off to a small border town. On a forested part of the road the company was attacked by a band of Orcs. Arthen and the rest of the guard fought bravely but were overwhelmed by superior numbers.

Arthen, his father and the rest of the survivors were captured. They were held captive until one of them managed to steal a carving knife from one of the Orcs. They cut through their bonds, attained weapons and used the element of suprise to butcher the unsuspecting Orcs. After Arthen was free he developed a deep hatred for anyone who isn't Human. When Arthen entered his twenties he joined the Temple Guard. With the help of his father's influence and his skill with a sword he quickly rose through the Ranks. Whilst attending a sermon he noticed there were not as many people present. At the next sermon there were fewer again. And at the next and the next and the next. Arthen decided something needed to be done. He tried to have more people come to the sermons. People said they didn't have "time". This enraged Arthen. One night the Temple Guard commander was found dead in his bed. He had died from a heart attack. Arthen was now the leader of the Temple Guard.

Arthen then changed the name from the "Temple Guard" to the "Order of the Knight Templars". They were to protect the followers of Kaniir. They were also to try convert other Humans who had "left the blessed path" back to the worship of Kaniir. First Missionaries were sent into to "Rebellious" villages. If they were unsuccessful, the Templar Knights entered and "brought them back to the blessed path" using Templar Steel. Arthen took the rank of Grandmaster and strives to have every Human worship Kaniir. The Templars also seek to eradicate every other non-human race. Arthen sees them as threat to the "Great Followers of Kaniir". Arthen operates from the Main Human city, from here he conducts Religious and Military affairs.

"Quod bonum est et placitum in nomine, protege nos Kaniir magnitudo"
"In the name of all that is Good and Right, We Shall protect the Greatness of Kaniir"

-Motto of the Knight Templars

What is dead may never die, but rises again, stronger and harder.

come718
    come718

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostADDB_98, on 20 November 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Just wondering, will I put up the character bio for my character? And how the Templars were formed?
nah its fine add since your admin and i know you are good at rp you can just make it up as you go along lol.
but if you whant to you can.

(wrote this before i saw you had already posted it XD)

server will be up tonight if not then it will defenetly be up tomorow.

omarthuneibat

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

is teh server ready (is dying here)
great scott there made a new update!

Posted Image

Wretchedrom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Just wondering, you said there is only two places at the moment ready. Would people from our individual races found our own homes/territory? for example, I am an elf, so would I go in and collect wood and such and then make a giant tree for an elf "home" where a colony of elves can live?

Posted Image

come718
    come718

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostWretchedrom, on 20 November 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Just wondering, you said there is only two places at the moment ready. Would people from our individual races found our own homes/territory? for example, I am an elf, so would I go in and collect wood and such and then make a giant tree for an elf "home" where a colony of elves can live?
well were actualy not sure but we are probably going to have admins buuld most of the citys.

View Postomarthuneibat, on 20 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

is teh server ready (is dying here)
great scott there made a new update!
k well at most you only have to wait one more day lol.

trust me right now with out hero chat working its imposible to even rp once we think its posible to do it then we will open the server.

Wretchedrom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Alright cool. But while they build the territories make sure they remember the artistic style needed for each individual race. Eg. Elves: Trees. Dwarves: Inside a mountain most likely, the mountain being hollowed out with a large mine and smithing area. And so on ;)

Posted Image