Latest News Article

What does the nether reactor do?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

lambominecraft
  • Minecraft: LamboSV

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hi there,

First of all, this is my first post here so if it this should be in a different sub-forum then please let me know for future reference.

Might as well get this out the way now, I've never played minecraft on PC before. I've only played PE on my iPad and iPhone and that was only creative mode until I started using survival last week. I updated to 0.5.0 on release day to discover these new blocks. I looked into the nether core and found out that it is used to make the nether reactor so here are the questions I have.

Do I need to use Gold as the corner blocks or can something else be used?(I've only got 2 blocks and 8 bars of gold and I am finding it hard to find!)

What does it do? Why is this useful?

I have a small house built and I am starting to build the reactor next to it, will this cause any problems?

Another question I have, which is a bit off this topic but may as well ask it here instead of making another thread, I have the new iPhone 5 and I was wanting water and lava blocks for my creative worlds but I don't want to jailbreak it or do anything illegal to get them, as well as not wanting to harm my phone.

Sorry for all the questions! I know on another forum that I am on, that we can't be doing with 'newbies' asking questions all the time! Or that might just be that we have turned into premium snobs! Posted Image Posted Image

Cheers,

Register or log in to remove.

ZeRo
    ZeRo

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • Minecraft: ∪れㄥ◯匚K卄モ丹尺匕乙

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Please the reactor cause an ugly obsidian tower I find it not useful anymore.

Life is such a Pain, Follow me and be a Wolf

Posted Image

ZeRo
    ZeRo

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Here it is I am cleaning it for someone. (so far not good)
Posted Image
Inside:
Posted Image

Posted Image

schwaggg
    schwaggg

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Hello lambominecraft,

You're not the only one who hasn't played minecraft on PC! Haha.

You cannot substitute the gold blocks with anything else.

Anyways, the Nether Reactor basically generates a room made of Obsidian. Once actived (by clicking the core, after finishing the pattern.) you will be in the room. You will have about less than a minute to collect the things in there. There will be paintings, melon seeds, mushrooms, Glowstone Dust, feathers, etc. If you do not have peaceful mode on, there will be Zombie Pigmen that you will have to kill. Once killed, you will be able to obtain gold ingots from them. After the core burns out, you will be left with a MASSIVE room of obsidian with multiple floors. There will be a few openings for you to get out. I suggest that you make and activate the core far away from your home. I made a mistake and put it on top of my house. Now my 2nd floor is completely blocked. (Obsidian can only be mined with a diamond pickaxe!)

You can, however, retrieve the core back but only with a diamond pickaxe.

ZeRo
    ZeRo

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

This questions have been answered.

Posted Image

K1ng_Cpr
    K1ng_Cpr