Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Pixelmon Server

server mods pixelmon

  • Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1

PotatoeSkinzzz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

First off, this is (as of now) only an idea. However, I am thinking of starting a small (Max 20) server with Pixelmon. You would obviously need to install the Pixelmon mod which of course would also require you to install Minecraft Forge. I have linked the pages for both of them below. Feed back is much apreciated, because I am only going to set up the server if I know there will be at least a few people interested. As for the server experience, it will be vanilla survival (with the exeption of Pixelmon of course). I had an idea of anyone can build their own village/town/city and be their town's gym leader. If you don't want to spend the time building a town you can also join someone else. Again, these are only ideas that as of right now. It would most likely not be whitelist because I couldn't be bothered to add everyone's name in when I dont even mind who joins anyway. I would be looking to op a couple of people to keep everything under control when I am not physically in the server. The op-ed players would not be allowed to use creative mode as an advantage. They would only be allowed to use it if someone is being disruptive. I think I've babbled on long enough. I hope to see some feed back on this so that I can get the server going. If there is feed back on this, then you can expect an IP to be posted within two to three weeks from today (November 17th).

P.S. New ideas are always welcome!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

_Kracken_
  • Minecraft: weeling95

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Damn it ! Need To install Mods =.=

#3

sucine7
    sucine7

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Make one
im exited :D

Posted Image


#4

JackBooz
    JackBooz

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2570 posts
  • Location: Everywhere
  • Minecraft: jackbooz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would be interested in helping.

Here's an idea.

Why not instead of having people build there towns you take like a 750x750 area of the world or bigger (depending on how much you want to build and how big you want towns to be away from each other) and build 9 different towns 1 being the starting with no gym then the other 8 with the specifyed gym Normal, Grass, Fire, Water, Etc. so that theres already a prebuilt map that people can enjoy and get a plugin called CustomNPC's so you can have shops and the such so players can buy and trade items to the NPC Eg: Pokeballs, Drops from Mobs, Etc.

If you like my idea id be interested in helping.

Also the 8 different gym leaders would be 8 different staff in my opinion cause thats how i would do it. One more thing the first 4 players to beat all the 8 gyms would be the elite four.

Posted Image


#5

PotatoeSkinzzz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostJackBooz, on 17 November 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

I would be interested in helping.

Here's an idea.

Why not instead of having people build there towns you take like a 750x750 area of the world or bigger (depending on how much you want to build and how big you want towns to be away from each other) and build 9 different towns 1 being the starting with no gym then the other 8 with the specifyed gym Normal, Grass, Fire, Water, Etc. so that theres already a prebuilt map that people can enjoy and get a plugin called CustomNPC's so you can have shops and the such so players can buy and trade items to the NPC Eg: Pokeballs, Drops from Mobs, Etc.

If you like my idea id be interested in helping.

Also the 8 different gym leaders would be 8 different staff in my opinion cause thats how i would do it. One more thing the first 4 players to beat all the 8 gyms would be the elite four.
I do like the ideas and I will look into the CustomNPC's. However I was going for a player built map instead of having it pre-built, but if people seem to think that would be better, then I would definately do that. So if you're reading this, let me know what you think of this idea.

Thanks for the feed back!

View PostPotatoeSkinzzz, on 17 November 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

First off, this is (as of now) only an idea. However, I am thinking of starting a small (Max 20) server with Pixelmon. You would obviously need to install the Pixelmon mod which of course would also require you to install Minecraft Forge. I have linked the pages for both of them below. Feed back is much apreciated, because I am only going to set up the server if I know there will be at least a few people interested. As for the server experience, it will be vanilla survival (with the exeption of Pixelmon of course). I had an idea of anyone can build their own village/town/city and be their town's gym leader. If you don't want to spend the time building a town you can also join someone else. Again, these are only ideas that as of right now. It would most likely not be whitelist because I couldn't be bothered to add everyone's name in when I dont even mind who joins anyway. I would be looking to op a couple of people to keep everything under control when I am not physically in the server. The op-ed players would not be allowed to use creative mode as an advantage. They would only be allowed to use it if someone is being disruptive. I think I've babbled on long enough. I hope to see some feed back on this so that I can get the server going. If there is feed back on this, then you can expect an IP to be posted within two to three weeks from today (November 17th).

P.S. New ideas are always welcome!
Fail -_- I forgot to link the mods sorry.

Minecraft Forge - http://www.minecraft...inecraft-1-1-0/

Pixelmon - http://www.minecraft...d#entry19152550

#6

JackBooz
    JackBooz

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2570 posts
  • Location: Everywhere
  • Minecraft: jackbooz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostPotatoeSkinzzz, on 17 November 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I do like the ideas and I will look into the CustomNPC's. However I was going for a player built map instead of having it pre-built, but if people seem to think that would be better, then I would definately do that. So if you're reading this, let me know what you think of this idea.

Thanks for the feed back!


The idea of a player built map is a good idea to a maximum. I just dont think they should be allowed to build gyms and be the leaders of a gym because if you think about it if they can build they can make weapons and if they can make weapons they can attack pokemon which will help then lower their health quicker.

Me personally would rather have a pre built map so that theres not random crap all over the place and i think i share some aspects with other players, it would also make it easier for people to go to the different towns and train and battle the leaders instead of having the leaders and towns hundreds or thousands of blocks away

Posted Image


#7

PotatoeSkinzzz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostJackBooz, on 18 November 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

The idea of a player built map is a good idea to a maximum. I just dont think they should be allowed to build gyms and be the leaders of a gym because if you think about it if they can build they can make weapons and if they can make weapons they can attack pokemon which will help then lower their health quicker.

Me personally would rather have a pre built map so that theres not random crap all over the place and i think i share some aspects with other players, it would also make it easier for people to go to the different towns and train and battle the leaders instead of having the leaders and towns hundreds or thousands of blocks away
I understand what you are saying, but with a max of 20 players I don't think there will be too much random things. I am now thinking of whitelisting it, just to limit the amount of random blocks and half built structures. If I do whitelist it, first 20 people to ask will get in. Also if anyone tries to cheat using a sword then they can always be warned/banned. I'm not entirely set on a player built map. I just want to know what most people would prefer. By the way, I searched for the customNPC plugin that you were talking about and I couldn't seem to find it. Could you please link me to it? Thanks again!

#8

JackBooz
    JackBooz

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2570 posts
  • Location: Everywhere
  • Minecraft: jackbooz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostPotatoeSkinzzz, on 18 November 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

I understand what you are saying, but with a max of 20 players I don't think there will be too much random things. I am now thinking of whitelisting it, just to limit the amount of random blocks and half built structures. If I do whitelist it, first 20 people to ask will get in. Also if anyone tries to cheat using a sword then they can always be warned/banned. I'm not entirely set on a player built map. I just want to know what most people would prefer. By the way, I searched for the customNPC plugin that you were talking about and I couldn't seem to find it. Could you please link me to it? Thanks again!

Yea alright that would make it better but i would still prefer a pre-built map but id still play this just cause i like piexelmon if you decide to put it up lemme know.

Also heres the link http://www.minecraft...m-npcs-splanmp/

Posted Image


#9

PotatoeSkinzzz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm now leaning towards making a few towns and allowing others to build outside these towns. I am definitely going to use the CustomNPC's mod. Don't be suprised to see an IP posted soon, depending on how long it takes me to get it running. Also, if I do have pre-built towns, I'm not sure if I should build them or if I should download a custom map. So if you could give me an opinion on that I would appreciate it.

View PostJackBooz, on 18 November 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

Yea alright that would make it better but i would still prefer a pre-built map but id still play this just cause i like piexelmon if you decide to put it up lemme know.

Also heres the link http://www.minecraft...m-npcs-splanmp/


#10

JackBooz
    JackBooz

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2570 posts
  • Location: Everywhere
  • Minecraft: jackbooz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostPotatoeSkinzzz, on 18 November 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

I'm now leaning towards making a few towns and allowing others to build outside these towns. I am definitely going to use the CustomNPC's mod. Don't be suprised to see an IP posted soon, depending on how long it takes me to get it running. Also, if I do have pre-built towns, I'm not sure if I should build them or if I should download a custom map. So if you could give me an opinion on that I would appreciate it.

Id say get a custom map that isnt overly huge or just build a few ones real fast. If you decide to build them i could definitely help you out.

Posted Image


#11

PotatoeSkinzzz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostJackBooz, on 18 November 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Id say get a custom map that isnt overly huge or just build a few ones real fast. If you decide to build them i could definitely help you out.
Thanks but I think I'm just going to download a Kanto map and make some minor edits (Ex. command blocks, and editing gyms to give more room for battle). I hope to have it up and running soon.

#12

JackBooz
    JackBooz

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2570 posts
  • Location: Everywhere
  • Minecraft: jackbooz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Alright cant wait man!

Posted Image


#13

DoinkDAClown
  • Location: Washington, U.S.A.
  • Minecraft: DoinkDAClown

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

I totally want to play!

#14

PotatoeSkinzzz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

View PostDoinkDAClown, on 18 November 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

I totally want to play!
I'm trying to get it going ASAP. I hope to see you on!

#15

DoinkDAClown
  • Location: Washington, U.S.A.
  • Minecraft: DoinkDAClown

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostPotatoeSkinzzz, on 18 November 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

I'm trying to get it going ASAP. I hope to see you on!
I'll be on there as much as I can! But you have to excuse me I know NOTHING about Pokemon

#16

PotatoeSkinzzz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostDoinkDAClown, on 18 November 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

I'll be on there as much as I can! But you have to excuse me I know NOTHING about Pokemon
Dont worry, it can all be explained.

I'm working on getting the server up now. I have Pixelmon and Forge installed and working as well as the Kanto map. All I need to do is install customNPC's and edit the map a bit to allow for players to build outside of the Kanto map.

#17

JackBooz
    JackBooz

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2570 posts
  • Location: Everywhere
  • Minecraft: jackbooz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostPotatoeSkinzzz, on 18 November 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Dont worry, it can all be explained.

I'm working on getting the server up now. I have Pixelmon and Forge installed and working as well as the Kanto map. All I need to do is install customNPC's and edit the map a bit to allow for players to build outside of the Kanto map.

Just give da IP when you ready :P

Posted Image


#18

DoinkDAClown
  • Location: Washington, U.S.A.
  • Minecraft: DoinkDAClown

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostPotatoeSkinzzz, on 18 November 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Dont worry, it can all be explained.

I'm working on getting the server up now. I have Pixelmon and Forge installed and working as well as the Kanto map. All I need to do is install customNPC's and edit the map a bit to allow for players to build outside of the Kanto map.
Do I have to install forge and pixelmon too? Oh and what version is this server?

#19

AbdullahHany

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I like the idea of a pre-made map where everyone is in adventure mode and they get a starter kit that includes pokeballs, pokedex, pokechecker, and some emeralds (if you are going to use customnpcs). i wouldn't mind helping with the server. i don't really think that a pixelmon survival server is a good idea because then it will be hard to heal your pokemon and store pokemon and so on. I can't wait for the server to be up!!!!! Posted Image

Edit:
when will the ip be up? and, will this server be cracked? (please say yes)

#20

FranEGL
    FranEGL

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 138 posts
  • Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Minecraft: FranEGL
  • Xbox:FranCABJ

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm also interested in helping:

Pre-made map
Pros: You can play immediately, you don't have to wait for the gym leaders to be online to battle them.
Cons: Not a custom map.

User-made map:
Pros: You make the towns.
Cons: Gym leaders are overpowered and you have to wait for them to be online in order to battle.


... I prefer the pre-made map.
If you wanna play with me, contact me by Skype: franegl , or send me a PM.
Diggin' Minecraft Style