Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[32x] Jungle WIP


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1

GH0STCADE

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

As my 16x pack is nearing completion and almost ready for release, I started a new 32x pack. Here is what I have done so far. It is in a jungle theme. Yes I know the stone has a tiling issue, but I actually like how it looks that way.
Posted Image
and here is some images in game
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

DiamondAir
    DiamondAir

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1274 posts
  • Location: Louisville, KY, USA
  • Minecraft: yozo67
  • PSN:Executon_Pro18

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

Not bad, but the stone issue gives me a bit of a headache.

#3

Taiine
    Taiine

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4199 posts
  • Location: In a mine somewhere
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Very nice.

There is a tileing issue with dirt caused by the small bits at the very bottom of the texture that forms a line. As well as a bit of a dark patch along the right side of the texture.

I would recommend changing the stone a bit, maybe spacing out the bigger ones instead of having three big stones with smaller ones bordering it, have the smaller ones go all between the larger ones.

Posted Image


#4

GH0STCADE

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostDiamondAir, on 17 November 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Not bad, but the stone issue gives me a bit of a headache.
Really? Hmm, I kind of liked it, but I may end up changing it.

View PostTaiine, on 17 November 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

Very nice.

There is a tileing issue with dirt caused by the small bits at the very bottom of the texture that forms a line. As well as a bit of a dark patch along the right side of the texture.
Ah, yes I see that now. I will fix that.
Posted Image

#5

Visual_Argonian
  • Location: Seyda Neen

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Logs. Are. GORGEOUS.
Oh, and everything else is good too
Posted Image

#6

GH0STCADE

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostVisual_Argonian, on 17 November 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

Logs. Are. GORGEOUS.
Oh, and everything else is good too
Wow, well thanks!
Posted Image

#7

KeKoSlayer29
  • Location: Rhode Island
  • Minecraft: KeKoSlayer29

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Looks great! Can't wait to see how the rest of it comes out!
Your life is not what you see, but what you seek.
If you want me to respond to you, reply to me with the "Quote" button under my post.

#8

cowsareawesome
  • Location: Walking in the void, apparently

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Amazing!
My wip 32x texture pack.

View Postpeytonisgreat, on 12 July 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

It doesn't have to make sense, the world is a fricken taco!

#9

corner_g
    corner_g

    Retired One

  • Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts
  • Location: It's a secret to everybody
  • Minecraft: corner_g

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

It looks quite nice, in my opinion, I think that there is too much moss on the blocks. Being a jungle pack, it would naturally have some vines and moss, but all stone related blocks have dense moss between every stone, brick, slab, etc. If you like it, go for it, this is just my personal opinion.

Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
"And with that, POW! I'm gone."
---Lord Crump

Posted Image


#10

GH0STCADE

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

View Postcorner_g, on 17 November 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

It looks quite nice, in my opinion, I think that there is too much moss on the blocks. Being a jungle pack, it would naturally have some vines and moss, but all stone related blocks have dense moss between every stone, brick, slab, etc. If you like it, go for it, this is just my personal opinion.
I do like how it looks right now, but I may end up changing it. I'm not really sure. Also I kind of just realized I have no idea what I'm going to do for mossy cobble...
Posted Image

#11

zamaj
    zamaj

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1009 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: exaivier

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostGH0STCADE, on 17 November 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

I do like how it looks right now, but I may end up changing it. I'm not really sure. Also I kind of just realized I have no idea what I'm going to do for mossy cobble...

Mossy cobblestone = 85% moss, 15% stone. :)

Want to try your hand at some textures in a friendly competition? The Alpha Pack Challenge could be for you!


Posted ImagePosted Image

#12

Vojife
    Vojife

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 605 posts
  • Location: The Nether Fortress
  • Minecraft: Vojife

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

It looks very good so far! =)
I love how you did the coal ore (if that's what it is) and in general it simply looks great. Very well done!

You want a signature? Fine!


#13

minihilly
    minihilly

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3391 posts
  • Location: Here.
  • Minecraft: minihilly

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm not-so-sure that having mossy-stone is such a good idea; by all means have both regular+mossy (via CTM, for example), but having that as your texture for stone, while logical for a jungle-pack, is rather jarring (even w/o the potential tiling issue already established).

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, nor a bad texture (it's pretty nice :3), I'm just considering how one would [essentially] see that texture everywhere...with that sharp green...


#14

Monsterous

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

This looks really good! Except.. the base textures look heavily DokuCraft/Doku's RPG themed. I'm not saying it's bad but..

#15

zamaj
    zamaj

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1009 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: exaivier

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

You need shading under the moss... It'll look ten times better.

Want to try your hand at some textures in a friendly competition? The Alpha Pack Challenge could be for you!


Posted ImagePosted Image

#16

GH0STCADE

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostMonsterous, on 18 November 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

This looks really good! Except.. the base textures look heavily DokuCraft/Doku's RPG themed. I'm not saying it's bad but..
I don't see the issue with that, I will not deny that it is heavily inspired by Doku's RPG, but it still is unique and none of the textures are stolen.

View Postzamaj, on 18 November 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

You need shading under the moss... It'll look ten times better.
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try that out.
Posted Image