Latest News Article

Nether Reactor?

words cannot describe this

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Creeper in your bed
  • Minecraft: Kurtisk1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

The Nether Reactor Core is easily the weirdest block added to Minecraft yet.  I've always loved everything added to Minecraft but this seems really, really weird.  I'm glad it's only a pocket version exclusive.
Here's the link on the wiki:
http://www.minecraft...er_Reactor_Core

Anyway, discuss your thoughts on the block.
I'm quite the shady customer.

HAL said:

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Register or log in to remove.

StrawHatUra
  • Minecraft: HlywdUndead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

It's a good way to add the nether without ADDING the nether

due to PE limitations it's an acceptable replacement i guess.
Posted Image
i5-4670k // Radeon HD 7950 // 2x4 DDR3 // ASRock Z87 PRO4 // 500W // 1TB HDD // Windows 8

___MeRliN___
  • Minecraft: Guess...

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Pocket edition has issues loading another world (the nether) in one savegame, thats why they created the netherreactor, that way you get nether material without going to the nether.

Benjamin5349
  • Minecraft: Benjamin5349

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Even if this was added to the PC version I'd never use it. Seems like a great addition for the pocket version though.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

Flameofice
    Flameofice

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1130 posts
  • Minecraft: Flameofice

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I'm glad this isn't in the PC version. Sounds very overpowered.
"Science isn't a matter of WHY, it's a matter of WHY NOT? WHY is so much of our science dangerous? Why don't you marry safe science if you love it so much? In fact, why don't you invent a special safety door that won't slam you in the butt on your way out? BECAUSE YOU ARE FIRED!" -Cave Johnson

murphmaster01

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Mojang said the 3 separate versions would start to diverge in feature set once the base game was established more or less.

Neat addition either way, especially for PE. Makes me almost want to get it now.
Don't play vanilla? You don't know shit about minecraft.

Hawwrawr
    Hawwrawr

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1544 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostFlameofice, on 17 November 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Not at all overpowered. It's a giant pain to handle, because it spawns a giant obsidian tower and it drops mainly worthless items, and not much from the nether. Only thing nether related actually is zombie pigman, and glow stone dust, and I only got enough glow stone dust to make 5 glow stone blocks, using 2 reactors, and the reactor was made for a one time use only.

View PostDylan_The_Bard, on 16 November 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

why isn't this is normal minecraft, or a better question, why is it in pocket edition
Because Pocket edition isn't as bad as it seems, and they didn't add it because most people wouldn't use it anyways.

Creeper in your bed
  • Minecraft: Kurtisk1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Just imagine the easy griefing if this was in regular minecraft, this makes a giant obsidian room and it can be put anywhere, all they need is 36 gold and 4 cobblestone.
EDIT: It actually needs 3 diamonds and 6 iron ingots as well
I'm quite the shady customer.

HAL said:

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Delthyn
    Delthyn

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Sounds bizarre. I see the purpose behind it, but still...

Jake110910
  • Minecraft: Jake110910

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostFlameofice, on 17 November 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

It is not overpowered at all it makes a big obsidian room but lasts for only one use
That means you need 36 gold every time you want another 6 glowstone/mushrooms
Owner of Minecraft creative server Jake's Freebuild

Bull_Power

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Why isn't this on the PC version?

Posted Image

oCrapaCreeper
  • Minecraft: oCrapaCreeper

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

View PostBull_Power, on 17 November 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Why isn't this on the PC version?

Because the PC version has the actual Nether. The Reactor is a work-around to the fact that the PE has no proper way of implementing the Nether, or any other dimension
Posted Image
Seriously. These "Achievement Get!" signatures were never funny, or interesting.

skyress2000
  • Minecraft: skyress3000

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Uhhh... shouldn't this be in the pocket edition section?

BodOwens
    BodOwens

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

According to the Wiki, after the Reactor has been used, it will convert to glowing obsidian, I like the idea of glowing obsidian.
Hey guys, I have an idea! let's be negative and a total ass towards the game developers! that will make them listen to us!
Note the sarcasm.

Dylan_The_Bard

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I hope we sometime at least get the glowing obsidian, looks mad cool
"You aquaint the SURLY THUGS with your brand of diplomacy" "Everybody outta the goddamn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis and a head full of empty.

GerbilCrab475

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostDylan_The_Bard, on 17 November 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

I hope we sometime at least get the glowing obsidian, looks mad cool
Meh, crying obsidian looks 4 times cooler than red obsidian.

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

krazy_con

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

this block is so well as you said it weird! it took me about 3 hours to work out how it works!!! I thought you made a nether like portal with them and light it with flint and steel. and you know what is really annoying, whatever it is used for it only works on survival mode in PE!  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  

User0verkiller72
  • Minecraft: User0verkiller

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Well the Nether Reactor generates a structure of glowing obsidian Posted Image that keeps growing and growing it also contains many items like melon seeds, cacti, (I think gold nuggets) and other rare items that I don't know about. This is not recomended to be placed near your base, house or residence in your MC:PE world as the structure it self (as mention before) keeps growing and growing that your house, base or residence will be either destroyed or covered with the materials of this structure. Keep in mind that zombie pigman (on PE) do not drop any items (for now). Posted Image
Hey Guys User0verkiller72 here and im bringing you guys the best mc bulids of the week on Instagram. Check on instagram User0verkiller (no 72 sry) for more