Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * - 10 votes

1.4.5 Pre-Release Available!

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

FutureNyanCat

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Keep going mojangstas :) Nice pre-release for LAN players.

View Posthaighyorkie, on 16 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

This is getting very annoying, this bug tracker is proving to be a bit of a pain not an enhancement
It's not the pain, it's the enhancement for those who report bugs!

Posted Image

| YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jaden1291 | Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/ |

FutureNyanCat. The Nyan Cat of the Forum. Current Version: v120.0 (Despicable Kitty Update)

Register or log in to remove.

-+- Archer -+-
  • Minecraft: Archer6621

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostXinwxHleak, on 16 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Ermahgerd, so many pointless updates. :|
Why can't they fix bugs with out "updating"? I know they have done that at least once. :/

You can't fix a bug without updating when the bug client sided.

And imo it's about time they do something about all those pesky bugs, Minecraft is much more fun without em :)
Posted Image
Click on the image to visit my Soundcloud profile!

The_Fool76
    The_Fool76

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3036 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Woo! More bug fixes!
So nice to see so much progress being made now that they have a real proper bug tracker and not some other system they have shoe horned into being a bug tracker.

Wonder if this means the next RB for bukkit will be 1.4.5?  XD  (Not that I care, I run a secondary vanilla server alongside my bukkit one.  My players are never without a server they can connect to.)
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.
Posted Image

Lunarknight32

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hopefully the bug tracker is just getting all the old bugs that weren't fixed before and the amount of bugs will decrease in the future. I really hope that the bug tracker doesn't result in even more bugs and releases.

daangelo29
  • Minecraft: daangelo29

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostXinwxHleak, on 16 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Ermahgerd, so many pointless updates. :|
Why can't they fix bugs with out "updating"? I know they have done that at least once. :/
You can't... These bug fixes concern the code of the game itself. They can't be fixed without changing the code. Saying you can fix bugs without updating would be like saying you can code without coding. LOL.

I barely call them "pointless" since they're about making the game more stable and playable. You guys are only frustrated because Mojang has never released this many bug-fixing updates before. Wouldn't you be more pleased instead, since they're finally giving these bugs more attention than before? You've been asking for it, and now Mojang has finally considered your requests. These updates are now just a thing you all have to get used to. Posted Image

I say I'd wait for this update to be officially released. I would really like a more stable LAN server.
Posted Image

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostMichealIkruhara, on 16 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but most of the Mod-Makers in the community must be Flipping Tables and drop-kicking their desktops with all the updates lately. XD

Not just the mod makers!

I always run a heavy modded world with as many mods(My 1.3.2 world has 90+ mods) as possible!(it takes me several days to put all the mods together so that most conflicts and bugs are away)

Every time a new update comes out, it puts me into anxiety because I know I will have to w8 1-2 months(maybe more) before I can begin a new world!(and I say new world because keeping my world with all these mods is obviously next to impossible :P)

And I know it can't be helped!(at least, until a good official mod api comes out)

Bugs HAVE to be fixed!

Personally, I'm not optimistic at all even with this 1.4.5 pre-release!

Don't be surprised if more come!

Random_Guy_32

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postdaangelo29, on 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

You can't... These bug fixes concern the code of the game itself. They can't be fixed without changing the code. Saying you can fix bugs without updating would be like saying you can code without coding. LOL.

I barely call them "pointless" since they're about making the game more stable and playable. You guys are only frustrated because Mojang has never released this many bug-fixing updates before. Wouldn't you be more pleased instead, since they're finally giving these bugs more attention than before? You've been asking for it, and now Mojang has finally considered your requests. These updates are now just a thing you all have to get used to. Posted Image

I say I'd wait for this update to be officially released. I would really like a more stable LAN server.
Maybe the people are just too spoiled by Beta 1.6 which offered a whole crapton of bugfixes but also trapdoors, tall grass and maps.

XinwxHleak

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postholydragonknight, on 16 November 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Do tell me when they done such a thing.

"I know they have done that at least once." Indicates that I remember them doing it, but don't remember exactly when.
:|

View Post-+- Archer -+-, on 16 November 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

You can't fix a bug without updating when the bug client sided.

And imo it's about time they do something about all those pesky bugs, Minecraft is much more fun without em Posted Image

Couldn't they just "mod" the game, and have it auto-apply the fix "mod"? Seems redundant to change it so often, even though Minecraft Coder Pack can decrypt it seemingly easily.

I'm glad they are fixing bugs, but it sucks because the server I play doesn't update unless there's a recommended bukkit build or stable or whatever.

Posted Image

Gecko357

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostRandom_Guy_32, on 16 November 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well, if you really can't play without your mods then you can simply stay on the version and wait until the mod is updated. Since you don't really care about bugfixes either you won't have any disadvantages from waiting before you update.

We've been waiting months as it is... with each release it's just pushing mod makers to NOT release and continue to wait on the (soon) to release next push. This is getting old fast. STOP with the small updates and push it to one build so these mod makers can catch up already. good lord!!! 1.3.2. - 1.4 oops. no, 1.4.1. oops, no 1.4.2. - 1.4.3 oops no, 1.4.4 and now 1.4.5???  Seriously? Some of my Mods haven't released since 1.2.5... Give us a small break with the updates.. please!!!

Otterman
    Otterman

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 875 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

How about we continue with the updates until we hit 1.4.7 so we can break Beta 1.6's record of most updates? XD

Posted Image

Assassin4
  • Minecraft: MarvelRussia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Lol i think every day there is newer version!

Cafeconsal
  • Minecraft: Cafeconsal

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

How to keep it finish drawing a weekly version xD.

Assassin4
  • Minecraft: MarvelRussia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

The bad is i don't have minecraft on this computer i will update and play it other time.

eriongtk

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

The_Fool76
    The_Fool76

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3036 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Posteriongtk, on 16 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Posted Image
LAN issues are pretty important.
There are a lot of people who use that rather than setting up a local server.
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.
Posted Image

KingTrygon
    KingTrygon

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: KingTrygon

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again; having less bugs in the default game is infinitely more important then mods getting updated immediately.

Sparrowhwk
  • Minecraft: Sparrowhwk

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postsheenrox82, on 16 November 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

I found a typo at the beginning, it said "in't" which should be "isn't".
I think that's just accent coming out there.

Hyphellux

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

All of you should be ashamed. First, youre crying for bugfixes, but weekly prereleases (which are optional) make you freak out. Now, when Minecraft wasn´t updating for the half last year, everbody wanted weekly updates back. Seriously, what is wrong with you?!

Random_Guy_32

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostGecko357, on 16 November 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

We've been waiting months as it is... with each release it's just pushing mod makers to NOT release and continue to wait on the (soon) to release next push. This is getting old fast. STOP with the small updates and push it to one build so these mod makers can catch up already. good lord!!! 1.3.2. - 1.4 oops. no, 1.4.1. oops, no 1.4.2. - 1.4.3 oops no, 1.4.4 and now 1.4.5???  Seriously? Some of my Mods haven't released since 1.2.5... Give us a small break with the updates.. please!!!
As the developers it is Mojang's task to make a game that works itself, not a game that can be played with mods. As long as the vanilla game runs as expected it doesn't matter whether or not all mods are compatible to it. This rule applies until the mod API is finished. They need these little updates to fix all the bugs everyone is annoyed of because finding and fixing bugs is a hell of a task, especially in a game that is mostly based on randomness like Minecraft. If they found a way to fix all the bugs (or found the bugs themselves) before 1.4 was released they would have simply included all bugfixes from 1.4.1pre, 1.4.2, 1.4.3pre, 1.4.4 and 1.4.5pre in 1.4. Think of it: Why the hell would you check if water currents still work if you didn't change anything about water at all? Because that's one of the reasons why 1.4.4 needed to be released.

Pirate_Ray
  • Minecraft: Pirate_Ray

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

another one? i knew it was wise to stick with 1.3.2 (yes 1.3.2 not 1.4.2), it may be outdated but works like a charm.... if this continues ill probably update when we reach 1.5 because maybe that will be a stable update....
Posted Image
Posted Image