• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.X] [Forge] Enhanced Books! (DISCONTINUED, LINK TO NEW VERSION IN TOPIC)

forge books open source 1.5.x

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
572 replies to this topic

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Minecraft: arilotter

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

POPULAR

THIS MOD HAS BEEN

DISCONTINUED.

FUTURE UPDATES ARE

BEING MAINTAINED BY

A NEW AUTHOR HERE

Enhanced Books v1.6.0 for 1.5.x
NOW OPEN-SOURCE!
Posted Image

XP-Infused Book
Stores XP for later use.
Posted Image
Posted Image

TIPS: Try shift-clicking the buttons!

Storage Bookshelf
Acts like a chest for books, with a pretty little 3D model that fills up as the container does.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Videos

Downloads

Source Code
Enhanced Books 1.6.0 for Minecraft 1.5.X (Adf.ly)
Enhanced Books 1.6.0 for Minecraft 1.5.X (No adf.ly)

Old versions:

License

Changelog

I'm always open for more suggestions! Please fork my mod and fix my bugs Posted Image

If you wanna donate, every penny is appreciated! <3

Posted Image

Credits:

Zorn_Taov for helping me with the 3D Bookshelf model
ZeuX for making Techne and helping me personally
#mcp-modding, #risucraft, #direwolf20, and #minecraftforge for putting up with my stupidity

Register or log in to remove.

lclc98
    lclc98

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Minecraft: lclc98

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

cool
Posted Image

Kalmondo
    Kalmondo

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 363 posts
  • Minecraft: kalmondo

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

This seems like it may be vaguely interesting. What other books can you currently craft?

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostKalmondo, on 16 November 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

This seems like it may be vaguely interesting. What other books can you currently craft?

In vanilla, there's three types; The normal book, the writable book, and the written book. My mod just adds one more, and a bookshelf that can hold all of your written resources in a nice compact format.

Kalmondo
    Kalmondo

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 363 posts
  • Minecraft: kalmondo

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

I advise adding more books. I may check back here occasionally to see if you do. Good luck!

AnonymousViking

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Could be handy if it works with Mystcraft books.

WithGameSwagger

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Hey man great mod I could make a video and do a review on youtube if you want as putting it as your video?

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostWithGameSwagger, on 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Hey man great mod I could make a video and do a review on youtube if you want as putting it as your video?

Yeah, if you make a video i'd be happy to post it in the main topic! :)

View PostAnonymousViking, on 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Could be handy if it works with Mystcraft books.
I'll get to work on adding that ASAP!

View PostKalmondo, on 16 November 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

I advise adding more books. I may check back here occasionally to see if you do. Good luck!
If you have any suggestions as to what the books should do, feel free to tell me :)

DragonMaster16

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

This mod looks pretty cool! Are you planning to add more books and I'd Recommend that you make those bookshelves be able to hold more books than it currently can because normal bookcases look like they could hold a chest's worth of books.
Forever protecting Hyrule with the power of the Master Sword, DragonMaster16. I support these mods, and I recommend you check them out! Click a Banner to visit their Thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostDragonMaster16, on 16 November 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

This mod looks pretty cool! Are you planning to add more books and I'd Recommend that you make those bookshelves be able to hold more books than it currently can because normal bookcases look like they could hold a chest's worth of books.

I'm not planning to add more books unless someone suggests what books to add.
I'm not making the bookshelves hold more, because it's a good tradeoff for the aesthetics.

theninjaprolog
  • Minecraft: Ninjaprolog
  • Xbox:PR0TOTYP3

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hey man great mod ! this will help if i go caveing and have loads of xp i dont want to lose :) I made a mod spotlight ( Review ) for it.

wiiv
    wiiv

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hi sn0re, very cool mod! You should make it that when you fill a bookshelf of your mod it behaves like the vanilla bookshelves around the enchanting table.

Posted Image

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Postwiiv, on 16 November 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Hi sn0re, very cool mod! You should make it that when you fill a bookshelf of your mod it behaves like the vanilla bookshelves around the enchanting table.
Thanks man!
I'll try to get to work implementing that ASAP

kyledude252

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

This mod is so cool but you have to cheat to get the book because you can't bottles o' enchanting in survival. plz change the recipe or make it possible to craft bottles o' enchanting.

otherwise, great mod and chaz sent me here!

Pyro1997
  • Minecraft: pyro1997

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Maybe a less hard-to-find recipe. I know you can get these bottles of enchanting from village trading, but it's hard enough to find villages, and even harder to find one with a villager that will trade one of these.
Posted Image
I am a mod tester, a test modder, a texture renderer, and a rendering texture. I am Pyro.

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

View Postkyledude252, on 17 November 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

This mod is so cool but you have to cheat to get the book because you can't bottles o' enchanting in survival. plz change the recipe or make it possible to craft bottles o' enchanting.

otherwise, great mod and chaz sent me here!

View PostPyro1997, on 17 November 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

Maybe a less hard-to-find recipe. I know you can get these bottles of enchanting from village trading, but it's hard enough to find villages, and even harder to find one with a villager that will trade one of these.

Yeah, it's hard. Any suggestions for an easier recipe?

Seth00015
  • Minecraft: Seth00015
  • Xbox:Seth00015

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I Love the idea to be able to store, but as Kyle said, you can't get Bottles O' Enchanting in survival (without other mods of course). If you could change that, that would be awesome. Anyway, this is a great mod, keep up the good work.
P.S. Chaz sent me as well

Edit: Oops, I forgot about village trading Posted Image but either way, it's REALLY hard to make, perhaps make the crafting recipe bookshelves surrounded by a book?

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostSeth00015, on 17 November 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

I Love the idea to be able to store, but as Kyle said, you can't get Bottles O' Enchanting in survival (without other mods of course). If you could change that, that would be awesome. Anyway, this is a great mod, keep up the good work.
P.S. Chaz sent me as well

Edit: Oops, I forgot about village trading Posted Image but either way, it's REALLY hard to make, perhaps make the crafting recipe bookshelves surrounded by a book?

Umm, I'm not quite sure what you mean about the recipe. How should the XPBook be crafted? D:

FLYGUY1
    FLYGUY1

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

I suggest changing the xp book to a book surrounded by various mob drops. Maybe zombie flesh, bones, and perhaps blaze rods and ender eye, maybe more from other mobs so its harder to get the book. Also by the time you are able to craft the book, it would ensure you have xp to store

sn0re
    sn0re

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostFLYGUY1, on 17 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

I suggest changing the xp book to a book surrounded by various mob drops. Maybe zombie flesh, bones, and perhaps blaze rods and ender eye, maybe more from other mobs so its harder to get the book. Also by the time you are able to craft the book, it would ensure you have xp to store

How does this sound?

Ender Eye
Book
Blaze Rod