Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Passive mobs stopped spawning.

mobs stopped spawning vanilla glitch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SageSkaggs

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Recently, only the occasional chicken and sheep will spawn; squids and ocelots spawn normally.
I have walked really far across a ton of biomes, and I have yet to see a cow or pig or more than one or two chickens\\sheep.
I had Mo' Creatures for a while, but i decided to uninstall it because it makes the game too unbalanced. I only removed the .zip from the mods folder, so all other associated files are still in their floating around.
I also have Twilight Forest.
The other mods i have dont effect mobs at all, so i dont think they are a factor.

What could be going wrong?
Now lets get to see how this´╗┐ works....

*gets killed by a creeper*

Register or log in to remove.

IronMagus

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Nothing is wrong.  Passive mobs only spawn "rarely" anymore after initial chunk generation.  There doesn't seem to be any figure more precise than "rarely," so I can't tell you exactly just how often it should happen, but it is pretty rare.  Good news is that once you find two, you can breed as many as you like!
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

The "rarely" is 1/400th as often as they used to. They now only try to spawn every 400 ticks instead of every 1. However, I think he means generating new chunks, in which case that is just bad luck.

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

I dunno, I played a few superflat worlds last week, and sprinting across the land I saw hardly any animals.  It seems like they're common at your spawn spot, but much rarer in chunks generated later.  I wonder if there's a typo in the code, some parameter changed value with 1.4.