Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

New mob - pirate - with image

suggestion

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hi everyone or should I say...yaarrrr!

After playing 3 months of minecraft ( new player here ) here the suggestion I could make for diversifying the game ( I hope....gulp! )

New mob called : pirate ( trying to respect the sword fight of minecraft and Im sure there alot castle builder around Posted Image
So far at day time its really quiet in the overworld. Beside killing cows,chickens,pigs,building stuff and mining there is no bad guys ( excluding nether and the end ). I can go underground for action but what if I prefert sun light? The way I see my idea is, pirates, are going to random spawn during day time as neutral ( the way squeletons and zombies does at night ) and will despawn at night time.

Since pirates spawn as neutral creatures they will not interfert when you build like the zombies pigmens do in the nether. Giving a chance to news players in the same way.
The pirates should be include in all the sun light area explored. I put emphasis on explored because of the witch I never seen in explored area on my server. ( To be more realist, they can spawn at day time near all water source ). Same spawn radius of squeletons and zombies around the player. Random pirates spawn will make a fun way to go re-explore your castle / house area every days.

If they are attacked they will defend themself like the zombie pigmen do and multiple pirates close to each others will help the attacked pirate.They use sword and axe as weapons and leather armor.

They have 11 hearts of life since they are alive and more stronger than zombies.
They do 2 hearts – 4 hearts of damage.
Experience 5

To respect the pirate general idea, drop can be as follow :
  • 1.Raw fish ( because they love sea ).
  • 2.Cocoa beans ( because pirates love jungle area ).
  • 3.Paper. ( because pirates draw treasure map )
  • 4.Iron shovel ( because pirates bury treasure chest ).
  • 5.Gold nugget ( because pirates love gold )
  • 6.Fishing rod ( because they eat fish! )
  • 7.Iron sword.
  • 8.Leather armor.
  • 9.Iron Axe.
  • 10.Compass ( because pirate travel alot and they need to find back there treasure ).
Number 1 is common, 5 uncommon and 10 rare.

So, this is the basic idea. I tryed to make a balanced mob, nothing godly with realistic drop. The main point for is creation was for populating the day time overworld area. I know nothing about game developement and not include news items in drop. My primary language is french and did my best to explain my idea. Thank you.



Posted Image

Edit : A minimum number of water blocks is required to allow pirates spawn. Ex : 400 water blocks.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

epicdude66adam

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Would they spawn on pirate ships? also, why would they despawn at night? I would like it them ALWAYS! it would be epic. Support!

#3

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

View Postepicdude66adam, on 16 November 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Would they spawn on pirate ships? also, why would they despawn at night? I would like it them ALWAYS! it would be epic. Support!

They despawn at night because we have enought monsters at nigh but mainly because we want peoples computers running the game smoothly. I like the pirate boat but, I dont want a mob on a small area. Geting them on a boat = un-explored area and I dont like this. Its like the witch, she spawn on swamp with a hut but on a non-explored area ( making a mob you never see or extremely rare ). In my mind its a waste of work if you never see the stuff you worked hard.

#4

FirstFlyte

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

That thar pirate mob image is in need of a patch over an eye, a wooden leg, and perhaps a parrot on his shoulder. Oh, and an earring too. :)

#5

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostFirstFlyte, on 16 November 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

That thar pirate mob image is in need of a patch over an eye, a wooden leg, and perhaps a parrot on his shoulder. Oh, and an earring too. Posted Image

Nice idea the wooden leg Posted Image and the eye patchPosted Image . I made earring on my char texture but we cant see it on this picture sadly.

#6

nearbeer
    nearbeer

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Location: My chair, my kitchen, or my bed.
  • Minecraft: nearbeer

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

"With image"?
I would love it if you checked out my "about me" page on my profile and looked at my threads :P I'm always happy to see new posters.

#7

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

View Postnearbeer, on 16 November 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

"With image"?

Sorry I mean...with picture..my bad...like I said my primary language is french and my brain forgot to make the translation...

#8

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

    Portal Expert

  • Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Alright guys, everyone put your frowns back on, because Zippy's gonna come in and bring his shower of negativity once again.

To be honest, I thought these pirates were gonna be worse. I thought they were gonna be like those bandit suggestion threads we get. The ones where dumb new members go "lol you guys I suggest we have bandits and they steal from your chests and rob you at night and you can hardly do anything about them they're sooo annoying durr hurr hurr!" Yeah, this thread wasn'r like that. Thank Christ.

Though your suggestion is not horrible, it doesn't have too much appeal. Also, people have been suggesting that Minecraft have pirates for years. Minecraft has a lot of originality, and nowadays these pirate suggestions are just super cliche now. I'm not trying to make a personal dig at you or anything, as it could've been much worse. You could've suggested "Lapis tools you guys!" or "omg add Herobrine now!"
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

#9

Unilegger
    Unilegger

    Creeper Destroyer

  • Members
  • 5809 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Not the best mob pic I've seen...

Posted Image

#10

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

View Post0_Zippy, on 16 November 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Alright guys, everyone put your frowns back on, because Zippy's gonna come in and bring his shower of negativity once again.

To be honest, I thought these pirates were gonna be worse. I thought they were gonna be like those bandit suggestion threads we get. The ones where dumb new members go "lol you guys I suggest we have bandits and they steal from your chests and rob you at night and you can hardly do anything about them they're sooo annoying durr hurr hurr!" Yeah, this thread wasn'r like that. Thank Christ.

Though your suggestion is not horrible, it doesn't have too much appeal. Also, people have been suggesting that Minecraft have pirates for years. Minecraft has a lot of originality, and nowadays these pirate suggestions are just super cliche now. I'm not trying to make a personal dig at you or anything, as it could've been much worse. You could've suggested "Lapis tools you guys!" or "omg add Herobrine now!"
That ok...I put pirate but it can be any kind of mob. The main point like I mentioned quoting myself ' The main point for is creation was for populating the day time overworld area. ' and like you mentioned...Minecraft have alot originality. We saw that in last patch with...witch...bat...pumpkin pie...flower pot...anvil...potato...carrot...carrot on a stick ( world of warcraft ). Beside the wither and the beacon block rest are not really original things. I tryed to stay in the minecraft universe but you know like me....in 2012 its hard to bring new thing. I will do my best next time and thank for your comment Posted Image .

#11

nearbeer
    nearbeer

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Location: My chair, my kitchen, or my bed.
  • Minecraft: nearbeer

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

View Postpotato1, on 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Sorry I mean...with picture..my bad...like I said my primary language is french and my brain forgot to make the translation...
oh no no that's correct. I didn't see your link at the bottom. Try embedding by copying the URL into the picture tool.
I would love it if you checked out my "about me" page on my profile and looked at my threads :P I'm always happy to see new posters.

#12

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostUnileggerDripper222, on 16 November 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

Not the best mob pic I've seen...
I must admit its not the best for sure...I could used my cintiq screen to draw a pirate but for what...the game graphic are so basic I dont have much room to add detail Posted Image...I dont even use the original texture pack of the game. I was working on it a couple minutes ago and put a patch over is eye.

#13

Twister
    Twister

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1138 posts
  • Location: Far Lands

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

If anything, that pirate needs an eye patch, a peg leg, a hat, and a hook for an arm. Likewise, they should spawn on beaches, and there could be a double wide chest with semi-valuable goodies inside spawning on beaches as well, representing the booty.

Posted Image


#14

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

    Portal Expert

  • Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

View Postpotato1, on 16 November 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

and like you mentioned...Minecraft have alot originality. We saw that in last patch with...witch...bat...pumpkin pie...flower pot...anvil...potato...carrot...carrot on a stick ( world of warcraft ). Beside the wither and the beacon block rest are not really original things.
Excellent point, but things like flower pots, potatoes, carrots and pumpkin are a bit different from a new mob. To be honest, I thought the witches were a little pointless, and the bats were even more pointless.

Quote

I tryed to stay in the minecraft universe but you know like me....in 2012 its hard to bring new thing. I will do my best next time and thank for your comment Posted Image .
"Try your best"? It's not like you failed badly at the suggestion, and I know for a fact that at least 100% of my posts come off very douchy. I hope I'm wrong, and we get a mob like this that ends up being a very good addition. You also get extra points for including an image and making effort for typing properly. You said you're primarily a French speaker, yet you type better than most new users who speak nothing but English.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

#15

MrGlove
    MrGlove

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Location: Eastbourne
  • Minecraft: ACRRanger

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Meh, why not?
Posted Image

#16

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Post0_Zippy, on 16 November 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

Excellent point, but things like flower pots, potatoes, carrots and pumpkin are a bit different from a new mob. To be honest, I thought the witches were a little pointless, and the bats were even more pointless.


"Try your best"? It's not like you failed badly at the suggestion, and I know for a fact that at least 100% of my posts come off very douchy. I hope I'm wrong, and we get a mob like this that ends up being a very good addition. You also get extra points for including an image and making effort for typing properly. You said you're primarily a French speaker, yet you type better than most new users who speak nothing but English.

Thank alot Posted Image . Before posting I read the ' new already posted topic ' and I based my suggestion on that. ( I saw no pirate in the mob list and it can be hard to track all past post ). I also read the ' please read this before making a suggestion '. I developed my idea around what I read and my play experience.

#17

FlashRebel

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Despawning at night doesn't really make sense. Instead, they should stay and other hostile mobs should be hostile to them (since they are human). They fight altogether and are stronger and tougher than zombies and skeletons, then they should dominate them most of the time. Drops are consistent and nicely balanced considering the challenge to fight them. And I also suppose they pick items dropped like zombies and skeletons do (they are pirates !), and they drop then upon death.
Posted Image

#18

potato1
    potato1

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostFlashRebel, on 16 November 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Despawning at night doesn't really make sense. Instead, they should stay and other hostile mobs should be hostile to them (since they are human). They fight altogether and are stronger and tougher than zombies and skeletons, then they should dominate them most of the time. Drops are consistent and nicely balanced considering the challenge to fight them. And I also suppose they pick items dropped like zombies and skeletons do (they are pirates !), and they drop then upon death.

Ok I like some of your points and some not at all. Despawning at night : If you read the Please read this before making suggestion topic, PERSPECTIVE - poster 2 exemple, someone say same thing about mob not despawning. In some way, minecraft is not exactly 100 %  optimized in performance etc... That why I made the pirates despawning at night otherwise each day will spawn more and more pirates. It could happen a surviving zombie / squeleton from previous night encounter a pirate and yes, both of them will fight because zombie and squeleton are aggressive toward human.

I also dont like the idea about a major fight pirate vs zombie, it could be fun for sure but...' Ahem..hey guys once your finish can I kill some too ? '

I like the idea about pirate able to pick up block / loot on the ground. Pirate life is about geting loot and gold.

#19

Tan_Tan77

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

They should look like villagers
like the witches

#20

___MeRliN___
  • Location: Classiefied
  • Minecraft: Guess...

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Ahh a first human mob idea which is easy, clever and not too stereotypic, supported it :)