• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[16x][1.7+][1.8/SNAPSHOT 3D MESH'S] Glendale

tekkit 16x glendale ftb 3d mesh model block snapshot

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Feedback Wanted! (96 member(s) have cast votes)

Mods: individual Downloads?

1. No, keep them all together. (21 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

2. Yes give us individual mod downloads! (8 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Give us individual downloads + an 'all in one' download for the lazy. (67 votes [69.79%])

Percentage of vote: 69.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Glendale pack started out back in Beta as a texture pack designed for use along with my adventure map, Glendale Island. After a lot of work and time went into the pack, perhaps more so then the map its self, and how I started using it for general game play, I scrapped the plan of making it just for one map, and turned it into a general Minecraft texture pack.

This is still a very much WIP pack.

Posted Image

GLENDALE 16X

is now the Official Texture Pack for the server

Aerial Heights

Spoiler: More Info

Posted Image

1.8 Custom Mesh Support!

Uses MCPATCHER/Optifine  features such as:

CTM (Connective Texture)

Fog, Trees, and water Biome tinting

Custom Lightmap

Custom Night Sky

Random Mob support

Posted Image

Posted Image

3.0 MC 1.7 +1.8 Snapshots

• New title design!
  • Remade Biome colors yet again so they follow the proper coordinates instead of 'guessing' them.
  • Textures for Red Sand made.
  • Texture for new Long Grass made.
  • Texture for normal grass Re-made
  • Texture for Dead bush re-made.
  • Texture for new Podzol made.
  • Textures for Big Oak & Acacia Wood/Logs/Leaves/Saplings Made.
  • Paintings Updated now with Signs & In game Screenshots
  • Textures for Stained Glass made (twice) >.>
  • Textures for the new flower types made.
  • Sun & Moon files have been made to look smaller in game.
  • Textures for Stained Glass made. No CTM to go with yet.
  • Textures for new stone types made. Shameless stone edits for now.
  • Re-made all wood planks.
  • Lapis (item) has own texture apart from the dyes. Now makes sense when mined Posted Image
  • Log Tops have been rounded out a bit.
  • New Font style!
  • Language file Updated to re-name a few objects like the flowers.

A.k.a instead of 4 tulips we have 4 unique flowers.

New MCPATCHER Features:

• NEW Custom night sky!
  • NEW Custom Lightmap!
  • CTM Grass remade.
  • CTM Dirt remade.
  • CTM for normal and packed Ice
  • TEST CTM for stained glass (black only)

1.8 Features:
NEW Mesh models for

• Torch
  • Redstone Torch
  • Sugercane
  • Bookcase
  • Ladders
  • Crafting Bench
  • Cactus (may change, looks a little silly)
  • Light Detector
  • Bed (Curently not included, textures seem bugged on it)
  • +More to come
Posted Image

Posted Image

Glendale 16x

DOWNLOAD Curse.com

Alt PMC Download (adfly)  Mirror PMC Direct

Posted Image

Coming Soon

Posted Image

Curse.com Spotlight

Big thanks to David and Toby for featuring Glendale

in their Minecraft Weekly News for April 5th!

Member of

Posted ImagePosted Image   Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Zane_Rainebow
  • Minecraft: Rainebow

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Lookin' swell, mate.

As for the Tekkit blocks: Definitely water mills and copper wire.
Posted Image

Stronghold257
  • Minecraft: Stronghold257
  • Xbox:Stronghold257

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'd suggest changing the dirt, it has way too much noise. Same for the wool.

Posted Image

Go check out the rules (rules.mcf.li)

Special thanks to Goodlyay for my avatar!

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Haha you got it :3 All the power generator blocks for tekkit are done, along with all the ores and most of the pipes.

The hardest thing about making tekkit support, is sorting out what half these blocks are you're texturing Posted Image

View PostStronghold257, on 15 November 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'd suggest changing the dirt, it has way too much noise. Same for the wool.

Dirt was one of my first textures, and thats not noise, but rather all hand pixel work. It started as some bloches of color for highlights/shadows then just a lot of hand work. The wools however are noise, but the current ones were done more for 'pixel' work or solid color wools, noise just to add some sort of texture to it. It is getting an alt done. Thinking a weave carpet like texture.

Posted Image

peytonisgreat
  • Minecraft: peytonigreat

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Not too bad, some blocks designs remind me of Jolicraft and Dokucraft, and I love the coloring of the gold ore.

Posted Image

So many old friends are gone.

Xenrac
    Xenrac

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: Xenrac

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

You sir, are a good man. A good man indeed. First Tekkit 16x resolution I've ever even heard of, and I stumbled upon it by luck. It could use a little work, I'm not a big fan of the stone personally, but that's more a style comment than an art comment.

Hmmm, the water could use to be toned down a little, it's good, but the high contrast on it makes it look more repetitive than it should. No other real comments though.

Just one question, are you going to stop at Tekkit, or will you include ThaumCraft and Mo'creatures and go all the way to Technic? (I personally don't care as much about Mo'Creatures, but it's a large amount of work and some of those creatures could definitely use some work, mostly the ogres, they look wildly out of place)

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostXenrac, on 15 November 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

You sir, are a good man. A good man indeed. First Tekkit 16x resolution I've ever even heard of, and I stumbled upon it by luck. It could use a little work, I'm not a big fan of the stone personally, but that's more a style comment than an art comment.

Hmmm, the water could use to be toned down a little, it's good, but the high contrast on it makes it look more repetitive than it should. No other real comments though.

Just one question, are you going to stop at Tekkit, or will you include ThaumCraft and Mo'creatures and go all the way to Technic? (I personally don't care as much about Mo'Creatures, but it's a large amount of work and some of those creatures could definitely use some work, mostly the ogres, they look wildly out of place)

I'm a girl ;3

The stone was a lost worse at the start, (look at the pistons they still use the old stone texture, high contrast and ugly) I've toned it down and trying to sort out a good CTM to break it up some and add variety, like more/diff cracks, some missing stones (thats failing, may take it out) deeper shading in parts to give the look of deeper cracks..  Stone, along with cobble has been my most redone textures.

The water looks a lot better animated. The higher contrast is to help look like rolling waves and is only on a few frames.

As for Technic, I am starting with Tekkit, as that's what I play even in SPP, but once thats done I will start including the textures for Technic.I just don't play Technic anymore as well.. my main world was made in it, but the last update horridly broke it and nearly made me lose the map, (it would crash on load each time) until I moved it to tekkit and got it to load up just fine first try. Sense then I've not gone back to Technic and resumed play in tekkit.

Tekkit is taking a bit of time to do as I'm having to look up the wiki, as well as poke in game to sort out what texture is what, theres so many mods and so many folders that trying to locate the textures is a bit tricky.

I can say though, for Tekkit:
All ores are done,
All bars and most dusts are done (found a few that I just can't find in the textures),
All power generator machine blocks are done, except the med and high volt solar panels.
All default pipes are done (seen in screen shot)

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Xenrac
    Xenrac

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Looking good. Actually, I kinda like the look of the stone better when it's against the Marble, and wait, is that a transition texture between dirt and stone? Is it context sensitive? Too bad about your Technic world though, honestly, for me, the extra mods it adds, primarily Thaumcraft and recently Mystcraft are what keep me coming back lately.

Also sorry about the whole sir thing. I should do my research next time. Never was very good at it with it for all that I love Thaumcraft. XD

Oh, speaking of Thaumcraft, do you know anything about how to create custom textures for the monoliths? Not like they really need them with how awesome they already look, but it seems like some texture programming that could be made into some really cool possibilities, like making it fade from blue to black like an abyss of sky, an endless depth into darkness. I've personally never found any custom Thaumcraft texturepacks though.

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

No the dirt is not contact sensitive, as there is no way to do such. It's just a normal vertical ctm set to only the sides of the dirt and only if the dirt is three blocks tall so it looks normal if a single block is placed down. It looks odd if you look at it from the bottom as it uses the normal dirt texture, I am thinking of adding its own bottom texture so it looks better, but how to be sure players know its still dirt is the hard part.

My world still exsists, all those shots are from it, it's just now a tekkit workd. :3

I've not yet looked into the textures of Technic yet, I want to focus on tekkit first and get that done, then see how much of it (I hope all) is the same as in Technic with just more mods to do.

Posted Image

peytonisgreat

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

I think if the stone had a brighter highlight, it would be the best 16x stone EVER made!

Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

You think? (though gods the amount of ores + tekkit ors to redo if I change it again ugh)

Check the stone from the pistons, thats how it use to look with brighter highlights and also darker 'cracks' would brighter highlights really make it 'better'? As is the redo was after people said it was to bright/dark in areas and not looking like 'smooth' stone.

Trying out a new wool texture. Went for a weave style, not sure I care for it however.

Posted Image

light blue wool. any thoughts?

Posted Image

peytonisgreat

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostTaiine, on 16 November 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

You think? (though gods the amount of ores + tekkit ors to redo if I change it again ugh)

Check the stone from the pistons, thats how it use to look with brighter highlights and also darker 'cracks' would brighter highlights really make it 'better'? As is the redo was after people said it was to bright/dark in areas and not looking like 'smooth' stone.

Trying out a new wool texture. Went for a weave style, not sure I care for it however.

Posted Image

light blue wool. any thoughts?
Have brighter highlights but not darker cracks, like this:
Posted Image
As for the wool, doesn't look like wool, looks like it has random lumps on it.

Posted Image

Zontafer
    Zontafer

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2497 posts
  • Minecraft: Zontafer

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Looks good! Do you plan on doing a 32x version of this?

?-Zontafer-?

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

View Postpeytonisgreat, on 18 November 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

Have brighter highlights but not darker cracks, like this:
Posted Image
As for the wool, doesn't look like wool, looks like it has random lumps on it.

Man last one I had like that people didn't like as it wasn't 'smooth' stone anymore. Remade the stone several times to remove the shadowed lines, remove the highlights everything to 'smooth' the stone out, now being told to add it back in. @.x

Someone needs to make up my mind, I have way to many ores to redo, both default and tekkit if I change the stone -again-

The wool is hardly random, it's a weave. But so many have done a weave before I tried something of my own.

So remake yet again..

Yet another go at wool!

Any thoughts on colors?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Xenrac
    Xenrac

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Your wool is excellent, some of the better wool I've seen. Keep plugging away at it.

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Glendale is now up for download from Planet Minecraft!

Posted Image

peytonisgreat

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

After playing with this, I have a few criticisms.
1. The still water needs lower contrast.
2. Cobblestone needs more contrast, it is WAAY too smooth.
3. Mossy cobble should match cobble. I understand you going for that Dokucraft style look, but I don't think it works well in this pack.
4. Make birch leaves color look different than oak leaves.
5. Make a custom jungle leaves color, don'y recycle the same leaves.
Well, that is it. The rest is good :)

Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

View Postpeytonisgreat, on 09 December 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

After playing with this, I have a few criticisms.
1. The still water needs lower contrast.
2. Cobblestone needs more contrast, it is WAAY too smooth.
3. Mossy cobble should match cobble. I understand you going for that Dokucraft style look, but I don't think it works well in this pack.
4. Make birch leaves color look different than oak leaves.
5. Make a custom jungle leaves color, don'y recycle the same leaves.
Well, that is it. The rest is good Posted Image

Birch leaves use the same texture as the oak leaves. I can't change that. It also does use it's own biome color code if you use optifine/mcpatcher and it is different then oaks.

Jungle leaves are their own ;3

Posted Image
Tops jungle, bottoms oak.

The rest I'll take into count next version. and while I do very much like how my mossy stone looks (love it in the new fences) I may add an alt for normal mossy.

Posted Image

GreenPeas

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

This texture pack's looking pretty spiffy.

I do have a few criticisms I'd like to voice: I'm not a fan of the wool. I really like the woven texture but the way that it is shaded just makes it look shiny and metallic which I don't think really lends itself to the wool look; the shading just makes the wool blocks look out of place. I feel like the cobblestone could is a bit blurry and the rocks are a bit too small for it to say "cobblestone" to me and the smooth stone -- I see that shading! but it's so subtle that it looks sort of flat but I suppose it...should? (since it is smooth stone and all. I don't know! haha)

I like the cactus, but compared to the rest of your textures, I think that the color is a bit off. It seems too bright and pastel-y. There's also a tiling error with your oak tree trunk. The top and bottom of the texture, when they are tiled together, meet and form a darker brown line. Although, I fear that I'm not a big fan of the tree trunk texture in itself. I don't feel like it matches with the rest of your texture pack. I don't know quite how to explain why it doesn't fit, perhaps it's too blurry or the highlights are a bit too bright or what. It actually reminds me of the textures from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time because now that I've gone back and played the game (years and years after its release) it's one of those things that the tree, cliff side and grass textures look good from far away but the closer you get the blurrier and stranger they look.

I also think that the tilled earth is a bit too red and dark; the colors themselves are very saturated and I realize that you probably did that to make the tilled earth look rich and fertilized but I think it could be toned down a little. And (I promise this is the last thing) I can't say I'm a fan of the metal blocks either. They look rather simple, like what you'd get in a retro game when they had a limited color palette to work with. The more I look at the metal blocks the more my eyes start to think they're behind a glass pane, like it has that reflection sort of thing going. Over all, I think the texture itself is rather flat which doesn't jive well with your other textures.

I'm really sorry I have so many criticisms. I'm just trying to help Posted Image

On the other hand I really like your sand texture, it's got like this 'wind blown wave' thing going on that looks rather nice. The pumpkin/jack o'lantern is well done too; one of the best textures on the terrain.png I would say alongside the bed texture. You somehow managed to make the sheet look wrinkled which is detail I've only seen in 32x+ texture packs and I think anyone would be hard pressed to squeeze that into a 16x texture pack so giant kudos to you. Your wooden door is simple, but really well done. I also like your planks, the color choice makes them look rich, warm and rustic (perfect for log cabins).

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thank you for your feedback! I took it all into account.

Spoiler: @ Green

Aside that, next update will also include some new textures for melon/pumpkin stems
Posted Image

as well as new rails!

Posted Image

Change log thus far is looking like this
1.1 MC 1.4

Upped Contrast to Cobblestone
Fixed some missing shading in the wools
Added Mellon/Pumpkin Vines
Updated Piston Texture
Lowered Contrast on water (mcpatcher/optifine needed)
Finally made custom rails!
Added missing painting for the new 1.4. Moo.
Updated Tripwhier hooks
Fixed dark line/tileing error in gravel
Remade oak trunks
Tweeked color of cactus
Lowered saturation in farmed land, was a little over powering.

Next update will be soon, I just noticed a small tileing error on my sand I want to correct.
Posted Image

It's faint, but it's there.

Posted Image