• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Vita1530
    Vita1530

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

I have noticed that kiling iron golems will cause a major decrease in reputation if the killed golem belonged to a nearby village.  Dealing the knockout blow is sure to cause this, but I am wondering if non-player damage (such as environmental) would trigger this, as I used NBT Explorer to change my reputation in a village to 10, waited for several golems to die from a nearby automated iron farm, and when I rechecked the reputation value, it showed 1!  If environmental damage killing an iron golem causes you to lose reputation in a village, that could spell the doom of (most) iron farms! Posted Image

EDIT: Sorry if I have bad english!  English is not my mother language!

Register or log in to remove.

FrogHandler

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

I'm thinking that if you are too close to the iron golem when it does, the village thinks you did it. Perhaps you could try to be more than 16 blocks away from where the golems die in your farm and see what happens? If this doesn't work, maybe try 32 blocks away.

If all else fails, you can simply make a second village away from the main one (probably by transporting villagers) to build your farm, so that you won't need to worry about reputation (reputation from one village doesn't effect others.)

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'm pretty sure I heard that zombies killing villagers when you're nearby hurts your rep.  But last I knew environmental damage does not.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

IronMagus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

How does this whole reputation thing work, anyhow?  Anyone have a link to a detailed explanation?
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

NyanNeko
    NyanNeko

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3345 posts
  • Minecraft: Cat348

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I hunt villagers for sport, Not really caring what they think
Posted Image
I Solve practical problems

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostIronMagus, on 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

How does this whole reputation thing work, anyhow?  Anyone have a link to a detailed explanation?
I know I've seen the chart somewhere, but it's not in the wiki - at least, not on the Villager page.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

As far as I know it's not well documented, not to mention Mojang keeps tweeking things without mentioning them in the patch notes.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..