• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

NEW Wireless redstone (Using Command Block)

wireless redstone

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TUR805L4Y3R
  • Minecraft: bamos2

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

This is the NEW wireless redstone
I havent seen it done this way before

http://www.youtube.c...3R?feature=mhee
(Message me if this is or is not working please)

Register or log in to remove.

Xray_Doc
    Xray_Doc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Minecraft: Xray_Doc

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Wow, this is a really nice concept! How did you come up with this idea? Also, you should make a video showing how this fully works (even though I know how it works).

Skylinerw
    Skylinerw

Sectional Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3596 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

The main reason you've likely never seen it done that way is because it's not a survival-applicable method, since command blocks are creative-only. I guess the benefit of this method, though, is that its range is practically unlimited.

XDaWNeDX
    XDaWNeDX

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Minecraft: XDaWNeDX

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Good job, wouldn't have thought of that myself. I'd like to see something like this applied in adventure maps, tbh.
Posted Image

Scullyking
    Scullyking

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 239 posts
  • Minecraft: Scullyking

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I love the concept, my OCD just can't deal with the fact that the player is being teleported. Ah well :D

LukeZaz
    LukeZaz

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

If it didn't require teleporting a player it would be perfect. Though Command Blocks ARE probably how this could be done. Food for thought.
Posted Image

TUR805L4Y3R

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

well i have seen it done with fire and rules
can you change the day with command blocks? because that could work

Tjakka5
    Tjakka5

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • Minecraft: Tjakka5

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

*buys 2534400 new minecraft accounts so he can make a wireless 1980x1280 pixel screen*

Owl Exterminator

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I actually see a cleaner way to do this within render distance, but I'm not sure it's possible yet.

Instead of teleporting the player, you could have a stored entity used for the teleportation. Instead of naming the player in the @ command, you use the stored entity. This could be anything from a drone player to a specific NPC (if that is possible). Just have a 2x1 storage cell to hold it. All return commands would simply send the mob back to its storage cell, while the player is left unaffected.
Posted Image

seiterarch
  • Minecraft: seiterarch

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hmm, nice idea, kind of like regular hex's old nether messaging network.
I have a way to remove the player necessity, but it's really derpy.  Essentially you make a custom spawner for zombies with a big player detection radius (enough to include anyone using the machine).  put it in a dark area next to a redstone lamp.  If you pulse the lamp off, a zombie will spawn at the location and velocity that you choose, allowing you to fire a high-speed zombie in exactlly the right direction to land on a pressure plate, transmitting the signal.
Uh... I guess I should really link to my youtube account here.  I've got some neat cannons, fireworks, a goban and all sorts of other stuff if you want to check it out:  http://www.youtube.com/user/seiterarch

TUR805L4Y3R

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

View Postseiterarch, on 20 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Hmm, nice idea, kind of like regular hex's old nether messaging network.
I have a way to remove the player necessity, but it's really derpy.  Essentially you make a custom spawner for zombies with a big player detection radius (enough to include anyone using the machine).  put it in a dark area next to a redstone lamp.  If you pulse the lamp off, a zombie will spawn at the location and velocity that you choose, allowing you to fire a high-speed zombie in exactlly the right direction to land on a pressure plate, transmitting the signal.

Ive never experimented with custom mob spawners
is it a world edit function? or mc edit?

seiterarch

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostTUR805L4Y3R, on 23 November 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Ive never experimented with custom mob spawners
is it a world edit function? or mc edit?
It can be done with MCEdit filters.  Not sure if you can do it with WE because I haven't used it for a long time.
Uh... I guess I should really link to my youtube account here.  I've got some neat cannons, fireworks, a goban and all sorts of other stuff if you want to check it out:  http://www.youtube.com/user/seiterarch

lightbulbwindows1000
  • Minecraft: BlueAmbulance
  • Xbox:Never heard of it
  • PSN:PS...2?

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

You're not explaining how it works. How does it work?
Posted Image

seiterarch

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

View Postlightbulbwindows1000, on 23 November 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

You're not explaining how it works. How does it work?
There's a dummy player in the world and the redstone is attatched to a command block that teleports that specific player onto/off a pressure plate.