• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do you organise your inventory when mining?

mining ideas organise how do inventory organising your when ocd

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you organise your inventory when mining? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you an oCd freak in minecraft and have a special set-up when mining?

1. Nah, I usually just make a few pics if I don't have any then go caving. (3 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

2. Sort of, I usually make some pics, but store any useless crap I have in my inventory to free space. (18 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Of course, when you're mining, you should ALWAYS have a good, systematic way to organise your inventory! (42 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

erntcariu_ua12_me
  • Minecraft: chrisman6761
  • Xbox:Sorry

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hey there, I made this topic because I want to know how YOU organise your inventory when mining. I know that everyone has different preferences, and that's why I want to see how many different ideas you guys have, and also because I need to find one myself! Any input is appreciated, thanks everyone!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Avengers_Assemble

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Sword on #1, pick axe on #2 (which has silk touch) and #3 (which has fortune), food on #8, and torches on #9. Other than that, I just empty out whatever I don't need in a chest that I keep at the branch mine. I normally don't take wood, but I have wood at the staging area of my branch mine.

donnyh13
  • Minecraft: donnyh13

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I put sword in slot one, next a pick, next a stack of torches, then a stack of cobble, and dirt, then at the far end I have food so i can scroll only once from my sword to get food.
If I've helped you, plaese push the Posted Image

BC_Programming
  • Minecraft: BC_Programming

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

1. Silk Touch Pickaxe
2. Fortune Pickaxe, or "normal" pickaxe
3. Sword.

Rest isn't important where, on the hotbar but I'll usually take a bow, an enderchest, food, and sometimes a few potions (particularly invisibility if I might be mining near an enemies base) if I remember I always take at least 32 wood as well as an enderchest.

TheSinfoolGamer

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

1. Stone Sword 2. Stone Pickaxe 3. Shovel 4. Iron Pickaxe 5. Dirt Blocks 6. Food 7. Torches 8. chest 9. Crafting table

I don't carry around anything "higher" than stone tools (basically because I have lots of stone, so they're my basic tools), I carry round the iron pickaxe for items that require "something more" in order to be mind.

I make sure I have dirt blocks on my speed inventory, in case I need to block myself in a "cube" (if I need my hearts to regenerate, or need to reply to someone on skype whilst amid mining etc)

I keep forgetting about food, so now I try to leave the number 6 box blank to remind me to grab food before I leave for some mining.

number 7 seems to be an easy number for me to hit on my keyboard, so it makes it easier for me to switch quickly between sword & torches when I'm exploring a cave.

And since a certain incident, I always carry round a chest and a crafting table (or go punch some wood before I go into a cave). This way, if I'm about to do something dangerous, I can plop down the chest and throw already mined into it.

I carry the crafting table because I always seem to break my sword at really bad times (trying to punch trees in the middle of the night surrounded by 15 mobs is *not* fun.

The chest is also good for me to just plop down, fill up and come back again later, because, well, a lot of the time, if I am on the server, we'll go off on adventures, and my inventory fills up pretty quick, so I just jot down the location on computer or a piece of paper, and come back and get it later. Unfortunately, i've forgotten to do this the last three times, so on my current server map, there are 3 chests, filled to the brim with goodies and I have no idea where they are LOL!

Posted Image

~ A friend told me I was delusional..... I almost fell off my unicorn ~ Fun Fact! Mosquitos don't just bite you. They also urinate on you after sucking your blood

RIP Henry the Ice-Cream Truck GTA4

Alterna_Hunter
  • Minecraft: Alterna_Hunter

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Call me OCD, but I have a set order for everything, outside of mining trips too:
Sword-Torches-Bow-Silk Touch Eff V Pick- Eff V Shovel-Fire Resist potion-Enderpearls-Blocks-Food
Always have it like that, spare picks/swords/torches or whatever go above in my inventory. Works perfectly for me, gives me enough space for resources and it works for mining/exploring/mob hunting/going through the nether, you name it.
Posted Image

I_am_Jens
  • Minecraft: I_am_Jens
  • Xbox:Ni!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

1. Stone pickaxe
2. Water bucket
3. Torches
4. Iron or diamond pickaxe
5. Stack of cobblestone
6, 7, 8 and 9. Stone pickaxes
Posted Image

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'll usually line up a few slots with a single cobble and a single dirt.  That way, when I'm tunneling, all the mine tailings go right where I expect, and I don't need to stop and reorganize.

VampArcher

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

1.Sword
2.Torches
3:Stone Pickaxe (Or whatever kind of pick I'm using.)
4. Iron Pickaxe (If my main pickaxe isn't iron or better.)
5: Food (Usually bread or cooked beef.)
6. Shovel (For dirt or gravel.)
7. Crafting Bench (I make 1-3 picks at a time, I keep a crafting bench to make whatever I need in the mine.
8: Water Bucket (In case of stray lava.)
9: Bow
10: Cobblestone (Just for blocks)

Posted Image

horaholic

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

1 bow, 2 sword 3 torches 4 pick 5 shovel 6 cobble 7 gravel 8 food 9 water bucket.

Erogar117
    Erogar117

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2459 posts
  • Minecraft: Erogar117

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

1. Pickaxe
2. Sword
3. Shovel
4.Torches
5-7. Food
8-9.  Dirt and Stone blocks.

When having my inventory open I will fill the slots above that particular item in case the item breaks or run out of the item.
Posted Image
"Disappear on us, will ya?  Rotten son of a shoopuf!"  -Wakka (FFX)

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Sword, bow, food, stone pick, iron pick, diamond pick, water bucket, torches, gravel, another stone pick - that's my hotbar. In my inventory, I keep extra stone picks on the bottom right, and maybe a spare sword if my current one is about to break. The stuff I mine goes wherever it wants, I'll organize it when I bring it all home.
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

Ascher_Malachi
  • Minecraft: Ascher_Malachi

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

it depends on whether or not im starting a new branch mine. If not  #1 is sword, #2 my bow #3 is fortune pick, #4 is silk touch pick, #5 is torches and #6 is food.all else save extra food and torches is left behind. if it is a NEW branch mine or node ( second hub on a branch) i add in a sapling or two in #9

Give my little friend some MC Love!Posted Image

dusti
    dusti

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Whats this organiseing you talk of? :P

Posted Image s42.hosthorde.com:25614

Steampunk Server!

OlyOffcourse

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

i just try to empty my inventory of stuff I don't need so i don't run out of space as quickly.

organization is pointless really, waste of time, ­s gonna get jumbled up eventually anyway.

Sgt_Peppermint
  • Minecraft: liam000109
  • Xbox:iRa x JoKeR v

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

1: Fortune Pick 2: Shovel 3: Sword 4: Bow 5: Silk Touch Pick 6: Food 7: Torches 8: Workbench 9: Cobble
Posted Image

FinalStrike97
  • Minecraft: FinalStrike97
  • Xbox:FinalStrike97

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I almost always have my hotbar set up like this:
Spoiler:

i5 4670k l Noctua NH-D14 l Asus Gryphon Z87 Micro ATX l Corsair Vengeance 8GB l Seagate Barracuda 1TB l GTX 660 l Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl l Seasonic M12ll 620W l

NyanNeko
    NyanNeko

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3345 posts
  • Minecraft: Cat348

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Slot 1: Sword
Slot 2: Pick
Slot 3: Torches
Slot 4: Portal gun (Mod)
Slot 5: Food (Steak, compliments of cow farm 09)
Slot 6: Log x64

This is when i used to mine, I let a team of 9 mining turtles do the job now
Posted Image
I Solve practical problems

tqnism
    tqnism

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Usually this:
1: Sword
2: Pickaxe
3: shovel
4: water bucket
5: Cobblestone or smth, just to block or build whatever i need.
6: whatever is most handy,
7: food
8: torches
9: bow
3-6 is more random, depending how much i want to save pickaxe or if i am afraid of lava, others are usually just there.

What I carry when mining: I am getting nervous when I do not have at least half stack of logs with me, and usually I carry at least 16 coal with me, in case of sudden need for torches. Since I am too lazy to use stone tools I usually carry quarter or half stack of iron ingots with me as well. They are cheap and useful if tools or armor needs replacing.

trencheel303

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

The hotbar from left to right:-

Sword, bow, torches, pickaxe (eff IV, unb III), pickaxe (fortune), pickaxe (silk touch), enchanted golden apple OR fire resistance potion, food, food OR empty.

I use only diamond tools/armor - life's too short to use anything less. No need for shovel or an axe as an eff IV pick will mow through wood, sand, gravel and dirt easily as fast as its respective tool. With unbreaking III the tools also last so long they can see a significantly extended stay in my inventory for weeks or even months, unless I go on a very big mining expedition.

The above is my general order of inventory. It goes out the window when I'm doing a creative build or if I am just roaming, where I'll often stow away the enchanted golden apple and maybe the fortune/silk touch picks.