• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Arglyx [100% desert] [self-serve build protection] a relaxing place to play!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Steinspisar
  • Minecraft: Steinspisar

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Posted Image

Come play wasteland survival at the Arglyx Runecraft server!

It is set in a bleak desert. (grainyness not included!) To survive you need to search out an oasis to establish your own base, or rely on the kindness of others and hope to be accepted into their settlement.

Server is small, with 7-10 people on at peak times. People playing are pretty nice and prefer the semi-vanilla experience the server provides. We have people from age 11 to age 35 playing.

Server has PVP enabled and allowed anywhere, but people rarely kill each-other. If you want to ensure your own survival, band together with friends.

Gameplay-influencing plugins are RuneCraft (providing runic magic), GriefPrevention (providing self-serve build protection) and BarterSigns (providing self-serve unmanned trading posts). Very unobtrusive plugins. The vanilla feel is kept in-tact.

Please read the server's ruleset before joining!

mc.arglyx.com

if that doesn't work try 75.127.11.134, it always works

Register or log in to remove.

andyhoi
    andyhoi

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Woah stein you made a new thread!

I love this server, perhaps I may be biased because I'm a mod and a long time player but it here's a review I wrote a while ago:

Anyways I love this server. Basically it's a wasteland with no grass, trees or passive mobs, or water on the surface. Wheat, melons and saplings don't grow, in order to feed yourself you need to find giant mushrooms that dot the land or rely on zombie flesh. For wood you need to raid an abandoned mineshaft or a village. Luckily they have a small starter pack, but once you get set up the mods will remove the ability to use it.

There are a decent amount of people who regularly play and will trade with you. There is some grief protection, but claims expire after 20 days of inactivity and if you don't protect your stuff you can get raided. It some how strikes the balance between protecting your ­ and allowing you to grief and raid all with a super hard survival basis.

Steinspisar

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Your review is outdated. It's for the previous map!

For anyone confused: in the current map plants do in fact grow, but they grow only inside oases which can be found if you search the desert far and wide. By ''only grow'' I mean that literally - if you plant them outside of an oases they won't progress to the next stage of growth.

Oases also contain water, dirt, seed grass and trees to get you started. But you have to look for it.

Edited by Steinspisar, 15 November 2012 - 09:06 PM.

Steinspisar

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Update 25. nov
Well, by now most of the oases are exhausted, but there are still a few left. Since it's now sometimes insormountably dificult to find a productive oasis, i've added a very meagre starter kit that you can access with /kit survival - only usable once, it provides the bare minimum of what you need to get set up.

Ambes
    Ambes

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: Ambes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'm currently stuck in the nether portal near Oceania unable to escape, tab out, chat, or doing anything to get unstuck. Please save me.

Steinspisar

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Now updated with a new spawn!

Posted Image

acidxxrain
  • Minecraft: acidxxrain

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Replying to this topic because it seems very interesting and so I can find it later.
Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!
Punch it with an aircraft carrier. It's the only way to be sure.
"nine out of ten voices in my head agree that I am sane" "I am reborn as an ocelot. You disapprove."