codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • Minecraft: Codewow
  • Xbox:Codewow

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

Ignore this cheaply done piece of photoshop ^ That was not a priority and we treated it as so. A better one will be posted eventually. If you want, you can create one for this position. (Just don't forget to mark it with your info {Name})

View Postcodewow, on 01 December 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Here's the IP. The server should now allow all connections! Happy testing!

(The server is on 1.4.2 as of right now... sorry that was a big piece of info that was meant to be published a long time ago.)

IP: battlez.servegame.com

*Please note that this server is in an Alpha state and is likely to have major changes and fixes. NOTHING in this server state is final! To keep up with the server, like our facebook page!

Intro:
Project Start Date: November 4th, 2012.
Project Completion Date: N/A
Projected Completion Date: Unknown
Basic Server Info: The server will be an exclusive DayZ-MineCraft remake. Well known as 'MineZ' but with no affiliation to the original MineZ creators and/or servers.

Our server will at estimates, carry a load of 200+ online players along with more player activity through social media outlets such as, but not limited to, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Spoiler: Server Details:
Spoiler: Those who have helped thusfar:
Spoiler: Server Maintenance:

Spoiler: How you can help us:
Spoiler: Texture Packer NEEDED!

Spoiler: Donated schematics: (Pictures!)

More will be added in the future, but if you're interested or have questions, you can PM me, post a comment on here, contact us on facebook, or email me @ [email protected]

View Postcodewow, on 17 November 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

Info to know for December 1st!
As you know, it's Alpha, and with alpha will come bugs, exploits, and incomplete features/areas.
This server is being built from the ground up. On the Dec. 1st opening, a lot of areas (Mostly just tall buildings' upstairs) will be unavailable.We are using bukkit along with a couple of mods that are working collaboratively together to provide the most MineZ-like gameplay. Your feedback from bugs regarding the MineZ features will help shape the plugin (Which is open to the public for use on your own server. I am just taking the time to set it up so you don't have to. It is a lot of work after all.) And no, by me saying, "I am setting it up so you don't have to" it doesn't mean I am providing a pre-compiled server for you to use.

We're trying for 200 alpha testers.

21/200 tester slots taken.

I have decided to make Alpha testing public.
It'll be easier to manage. Those that applied will receive a month of VIP + 3 more months when the server is actually full. (If it ever gets to that point.)

*Alpha testing will open December 1st, 2012!

Alpha testing info: Alpha testing is for the testing of key features on the server. As an Alpha tester you are required to play the game how you would usually, but to also test out everything you can. If you are to find a broken piece in the server, be it server-side like a function or mechanic being broken. I.E. thirst, visibility, etc. and you are to also report map exploits and breaks. If you can get to somewhere where you generally shouldn't be able to, like under the map, or inside of a hallow structure, REPORT IT. Moderators or Myself, the Admin, will usually be on, depending on the hours. If we're not, then report it on the forum and be specific on what the problem is. If possible supply a screenshot or video of the bug/break and post it in the main server thread.

Alpha testing reward(For those who applied before 12/1/12: As an alpha tester you will be rewarded. For providing adequate feedback you will obtain VIP status for 14 days. VIP allows you access to the server even if the server is full. Plus we'll set you up with a bit of gear to start your survival. And we may add more rewards eventually, but as of right now we have priorities set on building the server and map up before releasing more rewards details.

Since the server is behind on schedule, here's the list of things we need:  (Priority Top priority 1-10 Not important.)
1. A ton more cities and lone buildings spread throughout the map. (It's currently very annoying to get to the towns/buildings currently available.)

11/29/12 Update: Spent the day adding as many new places as possible. They don't flow very well together. Aka modern cities and medieval villages. We're taking feedback on if these places should stay or go in Alpha.

1. More chest spawns in buildings. (Very annoying to add, will require server maintenance for an hour or two, requiring the server to go down for the time period.)

11/29/12 Update: Spent the day doing chests as well. We have done every place except the top right portion of the map. Should have that part done before the 1st though.

2. More geography.. (We have been limited on what we could do with the lack of people.. so we don't even have rivers or lakes on the map yet... )

11/29/12 Update: To balance the lack of rivers and lakes/ponds throughout the map, we want to add more water bottles in the chests. In Alpha please provide feedback on if this is working well or not!

10. More Easter Eggs: We have two available as of right now. (Not a priority at all)

10. Adding a story to the server (not a priority either.)

Register or log in to remove.

AvengedJinx

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

I would like to apply ?

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostAvengedJinx, on 12 November 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

I would like to apply ?
Applying for what.... exactly? There are many positions open, but we are only taking texturers and schematics as of right now. Admins will be recruited prior to launch.

Stelthblade
  • Minecraft: Stelthblade

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

i would like to apply for the alpha tester postion

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostStelthblade, on 12 November 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

i would like to apply for the alpha tester postion
Alpha testing will begin, we hope, by December 1st, your name will be added to the list and we'll update this thread and the facebook page when Alpha is open.

Stelthblade

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

awesome ty

loganinwood
  • Minecraft: demman8

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

If possible, it would be dandy to become a tester. Anyways, if needed I could help with a banner. I have some photoshop skills in my past, but have not done it much recently. Anyways, hope to hear back one day!

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Postloganinwood, on 12 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

If possible, it would be dandy to become a tester. Anyways, if needed I could help with a banner. I have some photoshop skills in my past, but have not done it much recently. Anyways, hope to hear back one day!
One day? More like minutes! I do wish it would notify me of replies to this thread though.. Anyways, your name will be added to the list, what's your IGN(in-game name) and if you want to try your hand at a nice banner, do so.

View PostStelthblade, on 12 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

awesome ty
Is your In-game name Stelthblade as well? If not, what is it, so you're guaranteed a spot.

Stelthblade

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yes my ign is Stelthblade

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostStelthblade, on 13 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yes my ign is Stelthblade
Alright, I'll make sure you're on the alpha testers list.

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

View Postcodewow, on 12 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Spoiler: Donated schematics: (Pictures!)

Thanks for the build whoever you are!

ATLAS2001

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Can i help with making a texture pack? i have lots of experience making texture packs, and i would love to beta test. just tell me what you want retextured as what, and i will make it!

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostATLAS2001, on 14 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Can i help with making a texture pack? i have lots of experience making texture packs, and i would love to beta test. just tell me what you want retextured as what, and i will make it!
I would love for you to do so!

Basically we want to work our way towards a completely new texturepack, but to start off we can be basic and get the items done.

Starting out with:
Paper - Make it look like a bandage
Glass bottle - Make it a can of "Soda" but make it crushed or something to show it's empty, then make a water filled bottle be a regular can.
Uhh, and a bucket of milk turn into a carton of milk.

so far that's all I can think of for item textures.

TheDeathBalls

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

i would like to apply on Op if not i will not even join this server at all lol

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostTheDeathBalls, on 15 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

i would like to apply on Op if not i will not even join this server at all lol

Challenge Accepted

Application denied.

- lawl -

Truth is, we need Ops for specific times (Shifts) and I'm not willing to let someone who I don't see with a steady activity via the forums become a Mod on the server.. We require some experience. Anyways, thanks for the post, sorry for wasting your time. Have a good day.

- Dylan

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

http://www.minecraft...-alpha-testers/

Looking to Alpha test our server? Go to that link for info!

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Added Alpha Testing information! Please review the quoted section of the OP!

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Everyone ready to start testing? I've been working away (probably a full 100 hours alone this week) Chests are out there, buildings are starting to get furnished. (you'll see some buildings with little to nothing at all in them still. Some parts of the map may have holes in them too, so keep an eye out and report it immediately. We can fix terrain instantly, if something is wrong with a chest, we'll have to perform maintenance.  (More info on the thread.)

codewow
    codewow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1035 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Here's the IP. The server should now allow all connections! Happy testing!

IP: battlez.servegame.com

Luckyjava1
  • Minecraft: luckyjava1
  • Xbox:Gavricks

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hello, players of Battlez
I'm a mod on this sever and if u do have to change your .jar fail it is worth every second once you start to play it is going to be hard for you to stop playing we are in alpha but i u have any problems i check my minecraft forums and i will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for looking and give it a try we are hoping to get the sever up to date as soon as we possible can so thank your for looking and give it a try its your story!
Luckyjava1