• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

texture pack gave my mincecraft full memory

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

chrisrocks

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I got a texture pack last night and i loaded it onto my minecraft, i tried getting on it and a message popped up saying full memory i tried to take the texture pack off but could not access the main menu. I went to the minecraft help pages and did what it said for full memory. It didnt work. Can anyone help me figure out how im supposed to fix this problem.

Register or log in to remove.

minihilly
    minihilly

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Minecraft: minihilly

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

if it was a higher-resolution pack (i.e. 32x and above), it could literally be that your computer simply doesn't have the RAM (memory) required for the pack to correctly load.

Either way, could you tell us what pack it was?

Moozipan

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Simply go to your texture pack folder and delete the pack. After that minecraft will use the default texture again and you should have no more problems to start the game.

If you donĀ“t know how to access the texture pack folder without minecraft on, it is located at C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks. Also note that the appdata folder is hidden so you have to make it visible first by going to the folder options. Or you can simply search for .minecraft with the intern search function of your OS.

Posted Image

minihilly
    minihilly

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Personally, I think it's easiest to click start/Windows, then type %appdata%/.minecraft/texturepacks  -this should automatically search for, and  immediately bring you to (if typed correctly), the texturepacks folder within.

Moozipan

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

You could also create a batch file with the command
del "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks\*.*"
,then execute it and lean back.

Posted Image

minihilly
    minihilly

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostMoozipan, on 12 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

You could also create a batch file with the command
"del "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks\*.*"
,then execute it and lean back.
Wouldn't that remove all texture-packs?

What if they need any others they have?

Moozipan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

That was more a joke than a serious suggestion.
But he could insert the filename at the end of the code to delete only the one specific texture pack.

Posted Image

chrisrocks

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

well i am not exactly a wiz with command prompt T: and it doesnt let me go to the main menu after the mojang page it is automatic and blinking like it doesnt stop blinking and nothing can stop it

and the pack is sphax purebdcraft

Moozipan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Did you try to access the texturepack folder in any of the other ways we suggested?

Posted Image

chrisrocks

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

so now you know the name of the program my name on my computer is Chr. Can you tell me the exact code to enter? like i said im no wiz

and yes i tried them all

even the one that was more of a joke than a suggestion, i just got the game yesterday and it is my first and last texture pack so i want to know the code so it wasnt my first and last time to play i play it on xbox too but i like it much more on the computer

i have a windows 7 computer if that helps any

Moozipan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Alright so open the explorer, the "My Computer" symbol or any folder you like. Then go to the address bar at the top and paste this:
"C:\Users\Chr\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks\" without the quotation marks. Press enter and it should lead you to the texturepack folder where you can delete Sphax.

Posted Image

chrisrocks

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

YES IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D :D :D :D :D YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE LIKE MY NEW BEST FRIEND ON THE FORUMS :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HugMePlease
  • Minecraft: hsm01

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D