• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Creating a New Nation [Read OP to see current topic][POLL IS ACTIVE!]

nation micronation underground sovereign independent self sustaining

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Creating a New Nation [Read OP to see current topic][POLL IS ACTIVE!] (10 member(s) have cast votes)

What do?

1. Subterranean colony under the ocean. (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Create artificial islands. (1 votes [10.00%])

3. Start a colony in a sparsely populated area (parts of Canada, for example) (1 votes [10.00%])

4. Large self-sustaining seacraft (Floating ocean cities) (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

5. Conquer islands already owned by a corrupt government. (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. Asteroid base (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Moon base (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Mars base (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sting_Auer

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostToastedspikes, on 12 November 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

Anyone heard of the Principality of Sealand?

I have, yes. It's one of the things that got me kind of interested in the subject.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Toastedspikes
  • Minecraft: Toastedspikes

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Here's an amusing and interesting series by the BBC from a few years back. Perhaps you'd enjoy it.
I'd actually considered forming a microstate at my family's farm in Ireland, it was a project I've put on the back burner for now.

Posted Image
Calling a human illegal is the most ridiculous thing. ­ The concept of "illegal immigration" is the cancer of society. No borders, no nations, no deportations.

NeO_Startrek_Craft

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostJDawgMillenium, on 12 November 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

It begins with multiple smart and wealthy people worldwide (me as the leader) in a clandestine alliance annexing small islands that are controlled by despots. Machines are built to purify salt water, farms are made, and an underground "trade" begins. Eventually, a secret military is formed with a decent navy and a large, well-trained army. Before your country, Op, is known to the world's media, I discover it.

I fire torpedoes at all of your submarines, digging machines, and underwater city from a safe position only slightly below sea level. Your entire population dies. Even if some of your people survive in rogue escape vessels, regrowth is impossible. I take all of your remaining resources for my sub-country's own personal benefit and continue to extract every penny from other weak nations until I can develop a quick interplanetary travel system with maximum security and unparalleled technology. I finally create a permanent colony on Luna and name it "Valhalla".

It begins inside a glass dome with constant supply ships and farms populated by government men. After a surplus has been attained, more domed colonies are added on to, and a strict civilian populace resides.

Don't mind me saying this, but if that happened it would be WAR! Lols
-NeO_Startrek_Craft-

TheEvanCat
  • Minecraft: TheEvanCat
  • Xbox:TheEvanCat
  • PSN:TheEvanCat

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostMachiavel, on 12 November 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

1. Collect 1 dollar from every user on Minecraftforums
2. Buy this island chain for 79,500
3. Move to said island chain
4. Use leftover money to establish nation
5. Kill each other over the disagreement about how said nation should be run
6. Communists win because the forums are filled with them
7. U.S. subtly overthrows the communist government and installs me as a puppet dictator
8. Everyone is happy forever

The end Posted Image

You forgot step 9. Armenian Army invades with one person (me) and conquers the island chain.

Posted Image

Don't judge me because I'm fabulous.

pwntpants
  • Minecraft: TheTurbanat0r00

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

I would just like to point out something for this thread layout- can you put previous discussion topics in spoilers, and then list from which page to which page it extends to? As well, list the pages for the ongoing discussion.

i.e.-
Spoiler:

Something along the lines of that, that way people just coming into the thread can follow what discussions already went on and/or jump straight to where the new discussion starts.
Posted Image

Sting_Auer

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

View Postpwntpants, on 13 November 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

I would just like to point out something for this thread layout- can you put previous discussion topics in spoilers, and then list from which page to which page it extends to? As well, list the pages for the ongoing discussion.

i.e.-
Spoiler:

Something along the lines of that, that way people just coming into the thread can follow what discussions already went on and/or jump straight to where the new discussion starts.

Yes, I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion on marking the pages too Posted Image

In other news: Remember, we're talking about how to actually get land, not anything else at the moment.
Posted Image

630tiger
    630tiger

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1480 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

The ocean floor seems like a really expensive idea (then again, my first thought was the moon). While all of the land on Earth is technically claimed, there's a ton of space in Canada and Russia that nobody is really living in. It's probably way cheaper to set something up up there, though you would have to deal with political issues.
"I realized I just liked making them move."
"Look at me still talking when there's science to do. When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you."

Sting_Auer

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Poll is active! Start your voting!
Posted Image

Mastvlag
    Mastvlag

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Minecraft: Quintijn

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I just came up with a silly idea about a nomad nation, not in the traditional sense but like a cruise ship acting like a country, always travelling. Things like becoming self-sufficient will be quite hard with this though..

EDIT: Wait what. I just discovered that this was already in the poll. Lol.
Posted Image
Glory to Arstotzka.