I created this thread to discuss how one could be created, and in what way.
Current Topic (11/11/2012). Page 1 - 2:
How would land be created for the nation? All the land is either claimed, or in the case of Antarctica, treaties have been made to ban territory claims.
For the purpose of keeping this discussion on track, we are going to pretend that I am the creator of this new nation. I will create a poll from my favorite ideas presented by the posters, and the winner will be listed in the OP.
My idea on the current topic:
- A location on the ocean floor with a natural resource is located.
- Radio operated submarines are sent to the ocean floor. Water jets are used to clear soil and sediment away and expose stone.
- Small explosive charges are used to embed grips into the ocean floor. A jackhammer is used to break the stone apart, and water jets are used to remove the broken rock.
- A U-bend is dug into the ocean floor, with one end deeper than the other and disconnected from the ocean. A large living area is dug out several meters below the surface.
- A second set of submarines capable of moving in a dry area install an airlock in the U-bend, then deliver compressed air to force the water out, and spray the walls with a quick-drying sealant to stop the air from escaping through the rock and to stop water from seeping in.
- Turbines powered by water currents are installed outside of the entrance. Wires leading inside are used to provide power.
- Colonists arrive with dropped containers full of food, drinkable water, lighting, seeds, and any other supplies needed. Original submarines are used to retrieve drop tanks.
- Expand as needed.
Moon base, asteroid base, mars base, etc.
Start a colony in an unused area of Canada or another sparsely populated area and declare independence.
City that floats on the ocean.
Conquer existing islands that are ruled by a corrupt government.