Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Statistics should be fixed !

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

InspectorErector

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Hello everyone

Just wanna tell that im playing Minecraft from 1.7.2 beta version, as i can see the game changed much of course changed for plus Posted Image
Now they working on bugs it is good but i never hear anything about fix statistics system, in my opinion they are work so bad and not exacly, i will type some things in points

1.4.2  after dead survival single player it dosnt count die to statistics also items that player have in inventory and drop them while death dosnt counted to "items dropped"

1.4.2 why while im playing offline mode it counts "times played" to multiplayer joins

1.4.2 some problems with coal and charcoal on items stats/icon

1.4.2 InkSac icon on stats w/o any word on it whats that, i think its bone meal when used on ground

I think there is some more little bugs with them just cannot remember all

In my opinion stats should be more transparency and ofc exacly it will give motivation to some group of players i think :)Im waiting for stats fix from already 1.7.2 beta version and as im see they add many many new things to game but stats never fixed Posted Image

Some thinks maybe they are stiupid and impossible but let me type them Posted Image
1. I will add stats to profile on every account in homepage with option to reset them.
2. Ranking at homepage with stats of players and top 100 maybe Posted Image this one impossible i think Posted Image
1 and 2 point will work only when player play online mode

3 Fix offline statistics, i mean if some player make new world and stats from 0 w/o internet connection they should stay offline forever even if he next time will log in with connection.

5 Maybe stats should stay in 1 file online/offline mode playing count to 1 file statistics

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH AND CORRECT ME IF I TYPED IT IN WRONG SECTION</p>

Register or log in to remove.

Robbietalk
  • Minecraft: Robbietalk

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, the statistics are pretty buggy at the moment, although I don't bother with looking at them much.

Off-Topic: You have an HTML tag in your post... 0_0
Posted Image
Vacant Slots

Nerevar
    Nerevar

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 6105 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Statistics have been borked as long as I can remember, probably since their inclusion. It's a bit of a joke, really. I'll have mine reset randomly after turning the game off, and they definitely reset after an update. Because of this they are fairly pointless and useless right now. I imagine it would be easy to fix, so I'm not sure why Mojang hasn't done so.

-The Power to Destroy-

v3912
    v3912

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Minecraft: v3912

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

The most annoying thing is when it keeps resetting and it says over a year or two I have killed three mobs.
Posted Image

Klausar
    Klausar

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Minecraft: Klausar

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I already noticed this in Beta. They should store statistics on a server, like skins.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostKlausar, on 12 November 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

I already noticed this in Beta. They should store statistics on a server, like skins.

I think statistics should be stored with the world files per world instead of in the jar.   That way you could get the achievements again every play through. They kind of lose a lot of their value if they remain global, like they are now. That being said, I'm not entirely sure if that would work in multiplayer.  It seems like it could be made to work though.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

Nerevar
    Nerevar

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 6105 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

You could have a seperate file logging multiplayer as a whole, or maybe logging things under the server's IP.

-The Power to Destroy-

InspectorErector

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Problem is they wont even touch these statistics and fix them, at least they dont inform us
about it from long time .

In my opinion they just should fix stats for singleplayer/offline mode just for 100% clean
Minecraft w/o any changes and mods. Stats must work perfect amen xD

Multiplayer and with mods i can understand stats so hard to fix and they work so badly but
for single offline mode playing i think it is possible to fix it  :)
- maybe just delete stats for multiplayer or fix them in future ?

Also Minecraft should have choice between online/offline playing even if we are launch game
with internet connection

InspectorErector

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Looks like i replay to myself but let it be :D

So we have update 1.4.4 now great, many bugs fixed im happy with it but...

Statistics like always bugged nothing changed also still same bugs that became from 1.4.2 version
-after dead it dosnt count die to stats 1.4.2 bug
-items dropped while dead are not counted to dropped items 1.4.2 bug
-singleplayer offline mode playing count to multiplayer joins , old bug 1.8+ i think

Thats so funny for me, they fixed over 120 bugs but so hard fix these 3 :)

Why they just cant make good statistic system for Minecraft Singleplayer Offline mode w/o any changes and upgrades like mods, plug ins, etc.
Like i said before stats can work bad with mods or another changes to client/server or multiplayer mode but fkn hell Single Player mode they should work perfect amen !

Yeah maybe im crying guy about these statistics but this is thing that make me pissed off and lose motivation when im playing on some world because i like have some myself goals with stats/achievments :)

sorry for my bad eng hope you guys can understand my complains :D

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostInspectorErector, on 14 November 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Looks like i replay to myself but let it be Posted Image

So we have update 1.4.4 now great, many bugs fixed im happy with it but...

Statistics like always bugged nothing changed also still same bugs that became from 1.4.2 version
-after dead it dosnt count die to stats 1.4.2 bug
-items dropped while dead are not counted to dropped items 1.4.2 bug
-singleplayer offline mode playing count to multiplayer joins , old bug 1.8+ i think

Thats so funny for me, they fixed over 120 bugs but so hard fix these 3 Posted Image

Why they just cant make good statistic system for Minecraft Singleplayer Offline mode w/o any changes and upgrades like mods, plug ins, etc.
Like i said before stats can work bad with mods or another changes to client/server or multiplayer mode but fkn hell Single Player mode they should work perfect amen !

Yeah maybe im crying guy about these statistics but this is thing that make me pissed off and lose motivation when im playing on some world because i like have some myself goals with stats/achievments Posted Image

sorry for my bad eng hope you guys can understand my complains Posted Image

Be patient.  It's on the bug tracker and still an open issue.  Hopefully it will be something they fix in 1.5
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

GamerGuy12z
  • Minecraft: GamerGuy12z

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'm personally against the idea of achievements and statistics being saved on a server.
What if Minecraft.net is down?
What if my internet connection stops working?

Posted Image

SuperEvan200
  • Minecraft: SuperEvan200

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Postrodabon, on 12 November 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I think statistics should be stored with the world files per world instead of in the jar.   That way you could get the achievements again every play through. They kind of lose a lot of their value if they remain global, like they are now. That being said, I'm not entirely sure if that would work in multiplayer.  It seems like it could be made to work though.

Old post, but I agree completely, +1. Since stats are global they serve no purpose at all.

Posted Image