• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Munka84
    Munka84

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Would you guys rather have the 3x3 manual crafting, xbox crafting, or the option of picking?

Register or log in to remove.

SnyderGuy
    SnyderGuy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2514 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Option.
Because sometimes it is just as terrible as making a sign.
And 4J said it will never be in
Religion, has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of the day, and the invisible man has a special list. Of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and will send you there to suffer and choke and scream for all of eternity... But he still loves you.

Munka84
    Munka84

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostSnyderGuy, on 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

Option.
Because sometimes it is just as terrible as making a sign.
And 4J said it will never be in
Yea I heard that too, but it would be nice

SnyderGuy
    SnyderGuy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2514 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostMunka84, on 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

Yea I heard that too, but it would be nice
It would be, but with the new 720 in the horizon and 4J already confirming it will not be in. There is no reason for this thread
Religion, has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of the day, and the invisible man has a special list. Of 10 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and will send you there to suffer and choke and scream for all of eternity... But he still loves you.

TwoDerps
  • Minecraft: mgblue90

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

On the Xbox, I would totally choose the auto-craft option, but I've grown up in MineCraft being used to the 3x3. So for PC, I guess I will go with 3x3 instead of the auto-crafting/"option" layout.
Posted Image

Tamorr
    Tamorr

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Both, as each serves their own purpose. Each has their own charm, and disadvantages as well. So I like both the way they are, and is one of the reasons I like both PC and Xbox versions for what they are, even in crafting...:D

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--

CyrusMcKee

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostSnyderGuy, on 12 November 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

It would be, but with the new 720 in the horizon and 4J already confirming it will not be in. There is no reason for this thread

Why do people keep saying the new xbox is "In the horizon". Microsoft has already stated that it wont be available for the upcoming holiday season. It wont be out intill at least next holiday season so over a year.
Posted Image

iTz_Hammeh

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

I enjoy the auto-crafting, because it was a pain crafting things like pistons on the PC. <--- Atleast for me, I kept forgetting the receipt.
iTz_Hammeh wuz here

Nose_Job_for_a_Cowboy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostCyrusMcKee, on 12 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Why do people keep saying the new xbox is "In the horizon". Microsoft has already stated that it wont be available for the upcoming holiday season. It wont be out intill at least next holiday season so over a year.
When we've already spent 7 years with current-gen consoles, I definitely consider one year to be "on the horizon".

I'm guessing OP means which we would prefer in the XBLA version? In which case, I would definitely choose the auto-crafting. Anyone who wants optional PC-style crafting needs to play TotalMiner:Forge and see how horribly this concept translates to an analog controller.

branm008
  • Minecraft: BrandonBlahhh
  • Xbox:KING donner

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Xbox crafting, much easier.

I only play the PC version for one of my friends, so I deal with the 3x3 crafting when I am playing with her.

Buggy52
    Buggy52

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Xbox:Buggy52

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

I've never actually used the manual version, but just looking at it makes my head spin.  Auto crafting FTW!
Basically, this is just a basic signature.

Geneo
    Geneo

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1955 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Another vote for auto crafting.
(The PC needs it bad).

abbieeleanor

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I actually enjoy the PC crafting. I played Xbox Minecraft first, and then tried the PC demo, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it.
What is light, where is laughter?

Last_username_Im_gonna_try

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

I think I prefer Xbox crafting because its more user friendly to new players who don't know all dem recipes.
But my opinion is biast
I put my shirt on one leg at a time, just like everybody else.

oCrapaCreeper
  • Minecraft: oCrapaCreeper

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Classic crafting is a lot faster and easier once you become fluent in how it works, but it's hard to use until you do become fluent in it. But it's personal preference, really. Although I do like Classic better because of shift crafting.
Posted Image
Seriously. These "Achievement Get!" signatures were never funny, or interesting.

gravewalker
  • Minecraft: Gravewalker

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Why not both??

trencheel303

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostoCrapaCreeper, on 12 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Classic crafting is a lot faster and easier once you become fluent in how it works, but it's hard to use until you do become fluent in it. But it's personal preference, really. Although I do like Classic better because of shift crafting.

It's fluent with a mouse and keyboard, yes, but I'd like to see someone competently using it with an Xbox controller. It'd get tiring very quickly for me.

Nose_Job_for_a_Cowboy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

View Posttrencheel303, on 12 November 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

It's fluent with a mouse and keyboard, yes, but I'd like to see someone competently using it with an Xbox controller. It'd get tiring very quickly for me.
It is. I played TM:F for quite awhile, and even once you know the recipes by heart it's still a huge pain. It doesn't matter how "fluent" one is with the crafting grid. The concept itself is just designed for a mouse, it will always feel clunky trying to use the old crafting system with a controller.

WoodenToes

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

I would like to be able to chose between the two configurations, but I would most likely use the classic 3 x 3 crafting.
Posted Image